Forum Index > News and Announcements > Introducing the Festival Task List
Page 2 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Galexiadraws
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 31
Posted: 11/4/2017 at 6:25 PM Post #11
I send some gnarled vines over as a trick or treat for someone, and the task list says that I still havent send a gift. I wanted to know if it needed specific items to be a gift or if it could be anything from Avatar Items to Catalyst Items.

Found another bug :(
The numbers are not moving up when I host or go trick or treat to my neighbors houses))
Edited By Galexiadraws on 11/4/2017 at 6:29 PM.
Galaxyrose
Level 66
Cutely Creative
Threads: 54
Posted: 11/4/2017 at 6:28 PM Post #12
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=53358&page=1#1
Author: Krinadon
Time Posted: 11/4/2017 at 6:14 PM
We have introduced a brand new feature: the Festival Task List!

https://www.sylestia.com/festival/festival_fall/task_list/

The Festival Task List offers players with many different opportunities to accomplish Festival-related tasks to earn Festival-related rewards! Some tasks even reset every single day, so you can re-do them day after day.

The Tasks vary from things like nurturing and battling to participating in Trick or Treating, helping other players with their Brews, etc. There are many different tasks.

The Task List is pretty self explanatory. Just look at a task and its description. It will also state how many times you need to do the task. And then on the right-hand side it will state what reward you will receive upon completion.

Please note: Some tasks will be updated for retroactive progress! Not all, but some. I had to unlock and release the feature first before retroactively updating tasks, but I will try to get that done before the night is over.

The tasks that will be retroactively updated are as follows:

Spend Chocolate Coins in Festival Shop
Earn Contest Reward Pouch from Contests
Trick or Treat as Host
Trick or Treat as Visitor
Give any Gift as Trick or Treat Host
Create Handful of Candy from Trick or Treat
*All of the Brewing related non-Daily Tasks*
Purchase Entry for the Haunted House

Please post any questions or issues you may have about the new feature. Thank you!

Hi Krin! The fest. task list sounds great! Its just that suddenly, my progress has stopped updating and so has the progress of some of my friends currently exploring Umbra's Veil. Is this supposed to happen? Thanks!
-Galaxy
Imperium
Level 75
Guardian
Threads: 386
Posted: 11/4/2017 at 6:28 PM Post #13
Okay, first issue is fixed, but now it's not tracking my other Haunted House entries. xD (I don't remember how many times I went in, but I know it's more then 3 now.)

Also, the task list seems like a really great addition. Thank you. <3 :D
Edited By Imperium on 11/4/2017 at 6:29 PM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 11/4/2017 at 6:30 PM Post #14
Will the Trick Or Treating we did before the task list was out roll over? Also it didn't track the 6 other items I handed out in ToT
Edited By LivingInMyOwnReality on 11/4/2017 at 6:35 PM.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 11/4/2017 at 6:33 PM Post #15
I apologize about the hiccups there.

I was informed of a a bad bug regarding completed tasks so I had to emergency pause the feature.

The bug should now be fixed and the feature has been resumed.

For those who tried to complete tasks during the pause and didn't receive credit (and if it's a task that won't be retroactively updated), I'm sorry, but I have no way of updating what you did during the pause. =\

For those who received multiple rewards for completed tasks prior to the pause and fix, I don't really have a way of easily figuring it out and since I think it was a relatively limited experience and just involved the quickest to complete tasks, I am not too concerned about it and will not be going through and removing the duplicates. If you'd like, you can just manually delete your duplicates if you feel that is the right thing to do, but you don't have to. =P You can just keep them.

Thank you very much to those who quickly informed me of the issue! It was very helpful and I would not have quickly noticed otherwise. I really appreciate such rapid reporting of bugs like that when they do show up from time to time.

If anyone has any other issues, please let me know, thank you!
Lanfear
Level 75
Spooky Shopper
Threads: 329
Posted: 11/4/2017 at 6:35 PM Post #16
Awesome. <3 Glad to have been of help and glad its fixed! Though that seemed really reminiscent of the Easter Luffs for a bit there lmao
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 11/4/2017 at 6:37 PM Post #17
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=53358&page=2#16
Author: Lanfear
Time Posted: 11/4/2017 at 6:35 PM
Awesome. <3 Glad to have been of help and glad its fixed! Though that seemed really reminiscent of the Easter Luffs for a bit there lmao

Yea. What happened was I rewrote a bit of the code after I had it initially functional to make it more efficient. Unfortunately, I overlooked something and basically every update was treating a task as re-completed if it was already completed instead of ignoring it because it... was already completed.
Galexiadraws
Level 60
Trickster
Posted: 11/4/2017 at 6:39 PM Post #18
Thank you for all the hard work you have put in for the game! But I do have a question, if we have given out more candy or gifts prior to the list, will they be added in eventually, or are they going to be pre-list things that wont be added in?
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 11/4/2017 at 6:46 PM Post #19
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=53358&page=2#18
Author: Galexiadraws
Time Posted: 11/4/2017 at 6:39 PM
Thank you for all the hard work you have put in for the game! But I do have a question, if we have given out more candy or gifts prior to the list, will they be added in eventually, or are they going to be pre-list things that wont be added in?

The tasks that I mentioned for being retroactively updated are well tracked and I will easily be able to write and run a script that will just instantly sync up the tasks w/ your actual accomplishments. And once the script is ran - both will be in complete sync and any that are completed will award you with the appropriate rewards.

It's just a matter of me spending an hour or so writing up the scripts and running them.
Edited By Krinadon on 11/4/2017 at 6:47 PM.
Galexiadraws
Level 60
Trickster
Posted: 11/4/2017 at 6:47 PM Post #20
Ah. Well I wish you luck!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.