Players 2,411 375
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,241,199 1,270
Generated 656,170 19
Captured 1,190,409 63
Bred 6,394,525 1,188
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > ~Writing Contest for Great Authors! 2017...
Page 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Threads: 113
Posted: 11/19/2017 at 11:26 PM Post #61
Unfortunately you've been eliminated from this round, but there's always a next year :)
Foxee223
Level 46
Threads: 25
Posted: 11/20/2017 at 1:17 AM Post #62
okeeeh
Dracornpotato
Level 68
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 39
Posted: 11/20/2017 at 5:24 PM Post #63
Alright!

Entry for Round Two
Prompt: Character having a dream about a flying pig and a blue fish.

As I fall to my knees before the bloodied corpse of Recilus, I remember how I could have warned him. I could have realized that I had been dreaming again. Dreaming with my eyes open, as I like to call it. I should have realized it before it was too late. But it had all happened so fast. Faster than me.
I look at Recilus's pierced heart and shredded legs. This is my lapse. I should have known that it hadn't just been a dream...

I opened my eyes to the sun shining through the canopy of green and orange leaves, My breathing was rapid, though I didn't understand why.
"Just in time," Recilus grunted from across the clearing. There was a familiar glint of humor in his eyes, up against the same grim line of his lips from being on the run for so long. Being on the run with
me for so long. He holds up a fish the color of the sea on a clear day. The shades of blue on its scales fade in and out like the ocean waves, making me long for the sight of the flashing sea. The place I had left my sister
"It was difficult to catch," Recilus said, jolting me out of my thoughts, "But its big enough to be worth it." The shimmer in his eyes shone brighter, but his mouth stayed the same. "Start a fire, will you, Ivy? I've got to gut it."
"Oh... right," I said, sad to see my memory of the ocean go. I walked to the shallow, blackened pit and began to place the wood in the dark ashes.
I soon found that I didn't have enough tinder or kindling to make the flame catch. I turned back to Recilus, trying not to look at the slitted fish at his knees. "I have to find some more kindling," I told him.
He grunted in reply, his eyes still smiling, his lips still tight and pale.
I went a little ways into the trees, picking dry wood from the leafy forest floor. The smells of earth and trees mixed, making me think of her again. She had
had to stay behind. No, she wouldn't have survived without the water
Suddenly, the dream changed, and I was standing on the wind-swept beach, the sky gray overhead. She was in front of me, her hands interlocked with mine.
"Ivy." Her voice was an echo, small and faint. "Ivy, Don't forget me. You know what will happen if you forget about me..."
"I will never forget, Ayla. I will always remember." I looked into her swirling eyes, and she didn't seem to hear me.
"You know what will happen if you forget about me..." Her voice swirled in the wind, surrounding me, repeating a thousand times. "Don't forget me, Ivy..."
"I won't!" I said again. "I can't! Ayla, I will always remember you. I will not forget!"
My sister still could not seem to hear me, no matter how many times I said her name. I keep screaming, crying that I will never forget.
And then all went silent, and she seemed to really see me for the first time. Her voice is sharp, strange coming from her tongue. "You are not alone."
And I was back in the forest, scrambling back on the slick ground as a raving, winged boar burst out of a bush, slashing its razor tusks through the air. The boar's eyes were wild and it unfurled its bat-like wings, roaring and charging toward me. I was yelling, screaming for Recilus.
And he was suddenly between me and the winged pig, gutting knife in hand, facing it and roaring a challenge. And the beast charged...

I do not cry for my friend. No, I will not dishonor him in this way, shame him. Instead, I take the slit body of the blue fish and bury it between him and the dead boar, leaving the blade between its empty red eyes.
Edited By Dracornpotato on 11/30/2017 at 4:40 PM.
Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Posted: 11/20/2017 at 5:34 PM Post #64
Ok! Also, a boat is technically a pig, but a wild one.
Aurusei
Level 64
The Artistic
Threads: 101
Posted: 11/22/2017 at 9:44 PM Post #65
My post is finished. It took a while to get results I felt happy with.
Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Posted: 11/23/2017 at 7:54 PM Post #66
Awesome story!
Shibui
Level 70
Nature Walker
Threads: 63
Posted: 11/28/2017 at 1:14 AM Post #67
Ok, this is a restart. Im still going with the 743 word prompt, but I decided to do a few mini drabble stories about people who are linked. Anyway, here I go. So....ignore my previous story xD Also dont count the titles.

1. Numb

I am Elizabeth Penelope Skinner. I'm a nobody. My parents are divorced; My dad is a drunk, my mum has bipolar. Lucas, my older brother died two years ago. I am alone. I live in my bedroom. It is my only true home. Barricades of books, chairs and a cupboard against my window, sometimes at my door. A thin, faded curtain, more white than its original pale blue, framing the parts of the window not already covered. My wooden bed covered with a worn, flowery patterned blanket. Dusty photos lined the dresser, memories of how things used to be. When life was good. A paper bin in the corner, smelling of ink and used notepads. Notepads in which I wrote my story. Again and again. Perfecting it so people can read and understand my life. When, where and how it went downhill. More like downcliff. Everything is gone. And I am slowly going too. Bit by bit, what is left of my mind and soul is fading away. I am becoming numb. My limbs no longer feeling the will to move. My organs have started to shut down. Food evades my thoughts, I am taking my surname too literally. The last of my water supply, spilt over the stiff carpet. I am too tired to get more. And I don't think I want to. I rather enjoy the feeling of fatique slowly growing onto my thin, patchy body. The feeling of fading. I know I won't last much longer. That's ok. The world is better off without me. I am better off without me. I am not a me. I am a no one. And that is also okay. I know I am dying. I prefer it this way. I don't want to live in this cruel, stinking world. Everything is bitter. No one is kind or caring. Selfishness takes up every waking hour. Darkness is creeping, throughout the world and into my vision. Taking over everything, the memories I have tried so hard to forget, the sinking self pity. I am numb. I am happy

2. Withdrawal

Peter Skinner, that's me name. Two years ago I lost my son. Two weeks ago I lost my daughter. Both are my fault. I remember dear little Lizzy. A gorgeous baby. She was bright, beautiful and the happiest kid I had ever seen. Lucas was intelligent. A little too intelligent. Smart enough to know that ceasing to live meant ceasing to feel. Ceasing to feel the abuse of the world. It seems Lizzy has followed in his footsteps. As I will too. After I found Lizzy, mere skin on bone, dead to world, eyes wide and glazed over, a smile on her face, I died inside too. What have I done? Because of this stupid addiction to alcohol, it took me four days to realise that my dear child was gone. Because of me. I am in withdrawal. I dont deserve to die and find peace yet. I will first not have a sip of alcohol for exactly a year. Then I deem myself ready to join my children.

3. Desolate

Marlene Grace Skinner. Now Samanda Gradon. With the change of my name came the change of my personality. That cheating pig, he ruined my life. I left. I left the pig and his children. I couldnt bare to keep them knowing they contained his genes. I hardly ever go outside, I have no friends and I am desolate. It is all his fault. How dare he cheat on me? With a 16 year old girl named Candy. What did I ever do? I cared for him and the family, I provided love, meals, everything. And this is how I am repayed. I want to die. But if I do, I am taking the pig with me. He will experience pain. Ten times what I felt. I will stab him in the back. That is my only wish.

4. Pity

26/03/2012
Dear Diary,
These are my final words to the world.
I was loved, and I once loved. Love is now nothing. Thank all the selfish people. Not people, beasts, monsters. Demons claiming to be humans, ruining the lives of others. All I want to say is, I pity you all. I pity that none of you will experience the peace that I will feel soon enough.
- Lucas James Skinner

1 year later:

All four of the Skinners have been found deceased over the span of 3 years. May they rest in peace.

Phew, intense. Its nice to let the stress out in ways such as writing.
Edited By Pickless on 12/3/2017 at 11:40 PM.
Dracornpotato
Level 68
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 11/29/2017 at 8:34 PM Post #68
I have posted my entry in my reserved post!
Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Posted: 11/30/2017 at 4:07 AM Post #69
Hello all contestants!
I am here to remind you, the deadline is December the second, so if you haven't entered your story... you have two days! :D
To those who have entered their stories, they're looking good! This'll be a hard time for us judges, but good luck to ya all!
Dracornpotato
Level 68
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 11/30/2017 at 4:42 PM Post #70
Hi. I just realized that half of the punctuation marks in my story had disappeared! That happens sometimes, though I'm not sure why...
Anyway, I just fixed them, so it is a lot easier to read and it makes more sense.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.