Players 2,407 367
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,242,961 1,762
Generated 656,182 12
Captured 1,190,474 65
Bred 6,396,210 1,685
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > ~Writing Contest for Great Authors! 2017...
Page 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Aurusei
Level 64
The Artistic
Threads: 101
Posted: 11/16/2017 at 3:22 PM Post #51
After many struggles with ideas, I finally decided with the dream one. (Also I'm sorry it is so long. My stories are better when they are long!)

Here it is! Entry no.2!

There was a lot of trouble that night. Sabrina had closed her eyes, but nothing was happening. She was still wide awake. The sound of the doors creaking, the sound of a crow catching a squirrel, who squeaked it's last squeak, the last time it would breathe, and the sound of the voices in her head telling her that her illusions were real. The lamp on the bin had looked like a beast watching her, a hideous grin and beady red eyes. The clothes on hangers looked like monsters, like bats hanging upside-down from the ceiling, giving a piercing gaze that felt like it cut her throat and that she couldn't scream.

But there was one thing which was the same. The purr, and the fluff she wrapped her arms around. Her little pet cat, Pokey, was the perfect guardian angel for her. And with this comforting white noise, she finally could go to the lands in her mind where anything was possible.

And so she dreams.

In her palace of creativity, of imagination, anything could happen. The polluting city smoke was like cotton candy. The trees were colorful, and lovely in every way. The air was just the right warmth to be cozy, like a blanket that never gets too hot or cold. And the other people were animal like, and kind, acting like she was treasure and valuing her. Everything was always changing, as long as she had control. It was the perfect world. The ideal home for a young kid. One where it was rich, smelled of candy, where her friends were not pitying her, but loved her for her ups and downs, a world where pigs could soar through the air despite what people thought. A world where fish could jump out of the water. All colors, leaving trails of their scale colors behind! Red, orange, yellow, green, purple, pink, and her personal favorite, and her pet, blue!

Sabrina was happy that it all existed. In this realm, her parents were rich royalty, and she got to be an adored princess, wearing a fluffy robe and silky clothes. The sounds in the air had the calls of unicorns and the tweets of beautiful birds, and the cheers of her people as she pranced around. They all loved her! She could never feel so good in reality.

But there was a grave danger in her world. What if it all went against her?
What if someone gets to old to continue on?
What if she can't remember her fantasies?
What if..?

What if she lost control?

But those thoughts are silly. Her imagination was young, and she had no thoughts of death or old age or any of that! Nothing could destruct the world she had built with rainbow clouds and pink smoke and candy flavored air. So she continued. Dreaming of this land one night...
And another...and even another!

But one night was different. She couldn't find her little cat Pokey, and her parents seemed nervous of something. But she felt Pokey's warmth and love for her. So she was able to dream yet again. But...

But it wasn't a dream.

There was something off in the airs. They were cold, the smoke was deep gray, the grass was dead, her lovely trees were filled with black birds who squawked in a horrid, loud manner, and the colorful leaves were rotting and falling off. As she went to her kingdom, it was foggier, colder, and lonelier. And she soon saw why.

Her villagers she had loved were collapsed on the floor. She was scared, but her mind went to sleeping. They were just not waking up.

Not one would wake up. No matter how hard she tried

She was cold. Afraid. Alone. She couldn't find her royal parents. And the only living things were not glad to see a living, breathing thing walking about. She walked in to her castle, only to find webs everywhere, and symbols carved in to her palace walls. In the closet she found wings of pigs, but no pigs to be seen, and her pet fish was belly-up, it's blue scaled dulled and some missing. Her perfect world was gone. She wanted to wake up. But someone else had control. Somebody pulled her strings around every living friend in her dreams necks. She cried out, and nothing but growls and screams and squawks responded.

The worst part was that she found out soon enough who had done this. A man, dressed in a black rope, with chained surrounding his throat, and something moving in a sack he carried. He had a long syringe in his hand. And he was a grim, menacing figure overall. He looked at her. He said that he was going to help "it". When she asked what "it" was, he pointed at the bag and laughed. He walked off, but she knew, he wasn't going to help. The creature in the bag yowled and scratched at it, and before he was gone, it felt like it said her name in an animalistic manner.

It echoed in her head. Sabrina. Sabrina! SABRINA.

She woke up with salty tears in her eyes which streamed down her cheeks. She feeled around for a fluffy purring cat to hug, to protect her from it all. And she saw something blink in her closet. and on the floor. And the walls looked like they had holes that were eye-like and horrific. She held on to a picture of her and Pokey, and closed her eyes.

Pokey and Sabrina hadn't been seen. Pokey had a trip to the vet, and didn't come back. But it was never seen what happened to Sabrina that night. Some say that her visions were real, some say she had found her way out the window, and some say she was lost and found by a new family with a blue fish, on a farm where pigs leap and dreams can come true.

But in the end, our last trace is the cracked image of a girl and her cat, smiling at a camera that broke years ago. And some say...

And a little girl can be heard giggling by the beholder of the image. And screams are added whenever the image is passed down...

by force.

Did...did I just write a creepypasta? Ummm...Well that was fun.
Edited By Aurusei on 11/22/2017 at 9:17 PM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 11/17/2017 at 8:03 PM Post #52
I'm doing the dream story!

A soft window billowed through the grass field. The boy's teal hair spilled softy against his tanned cheeks. He was asleep and at home the sound of quiet fighting between his parents could be heard, but here, in this dream world, all was peaceful. The world he was in had a surreal feel to it and everything was much softer and the colors much for calm. A small stream ran near his feet and when he stood up he could see into it. It was perfectly clear and the sunlight reflected into the water, creating patterns the shimmered against the soft waves from the current. A blue fish swam near the surface, it's scales almost the same colors as the boy's hair, just a few shades darker. The boy stared at the fish, entranced, before a small noise distracted him. A fawn was in the undergrowth just in front of him and with a soft smile and chased after it, freer then he ever was at home. The undergrowth seemed to part in front him, making a path. He soon skidded to a halt and just near him was the fawn. It let out a gentle coo noise, stepping close to him. In awe he reached his hand out, stroking the creatures head. This too entranced him until he heard another sound and within the second of him looking away the creature was gone. In front of him stood another animal. It's pale pink skin shone in the sunlight. Two soft pale white dappled wings were on it's back. It was a pig. A flying pig. He watched as the pig alighted above him, gliding between the trees. The boy chased it as he had chased the fawn. He soon caught up to the pig and it alighted down next to him, allowing itself to be gently caressed. Once more another noise distracted the boy. This noise was louder and harsher. In a sudden jerk he was thrown back into reality. The door to his bedroom hung open, he sat up and looked around in surprise. With a soft sob he collapsed back in a crumpled heap as he heard his parents fighting, wishing he could go back to his dream world with the flying pig.
Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Threads: 113
Posted: 11/17/2017 at 8:48 PM Post #53
Wow! Wonderful :3 Thanks for your entry!
SkyRaven
Level 70
Sylestiologist
Threads: 72
Posted: 11/18/2017 at 7:43 AM Post #54
Just to clarify, what do you mean by Sci-Fi/Steampunk crossover? does it have to include both those genres?
Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Posted: 11/18/2017 at 9:47 AM Post #55
Technically... Steampunk is a type of sci-fi, but it's more like advanced technology set in medieval times, while normal sci-fi is usually really futuristic with robots and stuff. So yes, I want elements from both, even though steampunk is sci-fi.
SkyRaven
Level 70
Sylestiologist
Threads: 72
Posted: 11/18/2017 at 10:20 AM Post #56
Alright, I think I have some ideas, thanks :)
Edited By SkyRaven on 11/18/2017 at 10:20 AM.
Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Posted: 11/18/2017 at 8:37 PM Post #57
Looking forwards to your entry!
Shibui
Level 70
Nature Walker
Threads: 63
Posted: 11/19/2017 at 4:58 AM Post #58
Mine was gonna be sci-fi but I kinda got side tracked, so its a bit of sci-fi, but im gong with the 743 word prompt xD

A world of selfishness, lust and greed.

Rodriego Zigoni.
An Italian Crime Master responsible for the****** and murder of 17 women. The truth is, he******d 18. I was the only one who got away.

My name is Jemima Crotheler. I am 25 and a****** victim. I am not proud, pompous or cocky. I am simple. I was an easy target. Someone weak in which preying would be easy. Catching and using for a dirty pleasure. Then to be disposed of, like a useless scrap of waste. But I escaped. He didnt get the knife, the one in which my throat was to be slit. He underestimated me. I was weak. But I still won. I won my life, but not my dignity or reputation. I lost my feeling of wellbeing. The feeling of being clean. The feeling of being loved. And for that, Rodriego Zigoni must pay.

I am part of the Global Descisive Police Agency. I am a janitor. Yes, my life consists of cleaning up donut boxes and programming robots to sweep floors. But I am safe. No criminal would dare to enter a place with so many crime stoppers. No one. The GDPA is my home. My safe haven. I have no friends or companions. Only a boss who speaks to me once a year and the voices inside my head.

I am a castaway. A loner. Kicked out of the family for having been taken advantage of. That is how women are treated these days. Being******d means being dirtied. Dirtied means bad luck. Bad luck means loss of honour and sense of nobility. Loss of those factors means kicking out your child who is deeply hurting on the inside. Not caring about anything except how you look and what actions look to others who are constantly judging you. No one cares about each other. There is no love. Technology has ruined that. There is only selfishness, greed and lust.

Some Crime is still not tolerable, though crime rates have climbed 67% worldwide since 45 years ago, in the 21st century. Many countries have laws where men are allowed to****** others, where murder is ok if there is a good enough reason. No one goes to jail,****** isnt a crime, neither is theiving or kidnapping. The GDPA is falling apart and my safe haven is disintegrating. I have nowhere to go, no where to be safe. Most people would go to suicide after considering this. But not I. I still need my revenge. On that damned Zigoni who ruined my life. I know where he lives. The exact location. I know where he goes everyday. What he does. Yet I do not enact my revenge, the only thing keeping me on this wretched planet.

I ask myself why. Over and over. After years and years of this question circling in my head, I reach a conclusion. I dont follow him, kill him and torture in ways I dreamed of. I dont because I know if I do, it means I have sunk down to his level. Down to the level of every other stinking human in existence. And being above them is the only thing that keeps me sane. So I will stay as a janitor until the GDPA shut downs. Then I will take my chances out in the dark, cold and cruel world. A world in which crime is no longer crime. A world that I wish not to be a part of. And if I keep wishing, I know that one day I wont.

Ok, im still obviously going, I just need more time to think. Writing this has made me feel depressed. ;-;
Edited By Pickless on 12/2/2017 at 8:06 PM.
Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Posted: 11/19/2017 at 5:38 AM Post #59
So far so good :)
Foxee223
Level 46
Threads: 25
Posted: 11/19/2017 at 9:26 PM Post #60
a flying pig? haha thats my dream! ima join again i love writing stories... can i?
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.