Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > ~Design Theft Opposition~
Page 7 1, 2, 3... 6, 7, 8... 10, 11, 12 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Shardial
Level 70
The Perfectionist
Threads: 62
Posted: 10/11/2017 at 8:29 PM Post #61
Accepted, welcome to the Opposition! There is currently a contest going on, feel free to join in if you are ever a victim/witness/someone who helps stop design theft!
Fiolei
Level 75
Fancy Pants
Threads: 71
Posted: 10/19/2017 at 10:58 AM Post #62
User ID: 58987
1. Have you been a victim of design theft? not that I know of but afraid I might have
2. Have you participated in design theft? no. I have not ever taken someone else's design and claimed it as my own. I wouldn't do that. I may look at a design to see what hex code was used for a particular color because I am still new to those and if I like a color I may want to see what the color code was because some colors are just amazing, but I would never use the colors of a design in exactly the same way.
3. Have you first-hand witnessed design theft? not that I have been aware of
4. Have you dealt with design theft that you were not a victim of (i.e. told the designer, politely asked the thief to stop, etc.)? again I haven't been aware of witnessing a design theft, sorry :(
5. What are your feelings and opinions about design theft? I think it is sad. I mean sure it means that people like your design, but it is wrong to take something like that and capitalize on it for your own benefit. If you like something ask about it. People put their time and effort into designing and they may have plans for it. I have made several designs and I quit saving them publicly because I may want to use them at some point. I then begin feeling the 'what's the point' blues because you make something beautiful you want to share it, but you can't share it without the fear of having it stolen. My other concern is the contests. So many people making designs for contests and just not being sure if they stumbled across the same collection of colors as you by accident or if they saw yours and posted it up.

Anyway, I don't know how this could be done any differently...unless Krin set up a place to have the submissions sent in privately...but oh my goodness the work that would take!!! Anyway, here's my application to your forum club.
Shardial
Level 70
The Perfectionist
Posted: 10/19/2017 at 2:24 PM Post #63
When you say "I may look at a design to see what hex code was used for a particular color because I am still new to those and if I like a color I may want to see what the color code was because some colors are just amazing, but I would never use the colors of a design in exactly the same way", do you mean you use others' color hexes in a different order for your own designs? Sorry, I just want some clarification.
Fiolei
Level 75
Fancy Pants
Posted: 10/19/2017 at 5:20 PM Post #64
Most of the time if I see a color that is amazing or cool I go "Oh what is that?" and I look to see what it is. Doesn't mean I am using it right away and likely won't later on. If I am absolutely in love with a color hex I may look at a design I'm working on at some point and see how it might look in something of my own. I have also discovered on my own places to find hex codes so I don't look at codes on other designs. I would never copy all the codes from a design. Mostly just for a color that I find irresistible. As I said, I'm still new to finding hex codes and html is not my strong suit. I admit I didn't know what a 'hex code' was or that there were places to look those up until within the last couple of months. I don't do a lot of the designing on here, mostly just for contests and those I absolutely do on my own. I hope that helps? Also there is only one design that I have ever produced and that's my current project...and one I spent hours on just trying to find the right colors....

And as I read what I wrote again I can see the confusion. No I wouldn't take the codes and just reorder them around and call it my design. nonono, I would just want to see one color. If that is not ok I offer apologies to anyone that I may have offended, but like I said I would only look at one color not the whole set. The whole set is the design and that just wouldn't be cool. Example: working on a design and have all my hex codes chosen and want a certain pink but just can't seem to find a good one. See something someone made and be like 'that is an amazing pink color, I wonder if that is the color I'm looking for? What color is that?" and go look. Finding that code I would then look back to my design and see if that color worked or if it didn't work tweak it a bit. Just the one color, not the whole design. Since I have found html color code lists online this is not something that I do any more, just something I did more in the past because I didn't know how people got their perfect colors. I apologize if I hurt someone this way. :(
Shardial
Level 70
The Perfectionist
Posted: 10/21/2017 at 7:32 PM Post #65
Okay, first of all, I apologize for this extremely late reply! I haven't had time to do much more than pop in and out of Sylestia for the past few days, sorry!

Now I understand what you mean; thank you so much for the explanation. Yes, using only one color hex of someone else would not be design theft (at least, I wouldn't think it was). Welcome to the Opposition!
Fiolei
Level 75
Fancy Pants
Posted: 10/22/2017 at 2:01 AM Post #66
No problem, life happens :). Thanks for allowing me to join. I am sorry that it was confusing the first time. I wrote it when I was up very late. Thanks again and hopefully we can come up with a way to safeguard our designs :)
SkyRaven
Level 70
Sylestiologist
Threads: 72
Posted: 10/24/2017 at 10:34 AM Post #67
User ID: 37920
1. Have you been a victim of design theft? Yes. Straight up replicating the colour palette and traits, identical colour palettes, creating pairs for my project pets and selling offspring (Am aiming to grab an infertility soon!), the list goes on...
2. Have you participated in design theft? Absolutely not.
3. Have you first-hand witnessed design theft? I don't believe so
4. Have you dealt with design theft that you were not a victim of (i.e. told the designer, politely asked the thief to stop, etc.)? I have not witnessed and been aware of any design theft of others, but I am fully aware it happens
5. What are your feelings and opinions about design theft? Awful. People have put hard work and thought into these designs, and people not even asking before using them and profiting off them...
Shardial
Level 70
The Perfectionist
Posted: 10/24/2017 at 1:54 PM Post #68
Accepted, welcome to the Opposition!
Shardial
Level 70
The Perfectionist
Posted: 10/25/2017 at 6:52 PM Post #69
If you were pinged, CoD me 10k for the contest.
Lalalanmao
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 57
Posted: 10/25/2017 at 6:54 PM Post #70
Okay, haven't seen any thefts lately
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 6, 7, 8... 10, 11, 12
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.