Forum Index > General Discussion > The Max Stat Wannabes Or Wishers
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Taishi
Level 64
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 30
Posted: 9/20/2017 at 3:31 PM Post #1
We all know the feeling: Your new and you want to be battling but your pets keep dying. Or you don't have enough gold for that adorable max stat nixi/another species that's 350,000. Sigh. Well, this is the place where you can rant, or post pictures of pets/links that you wish were yours, or tell us about all of those failed attempts that you tried to breed. Simply post a reply and ping me! I hopefully will eventually have a few max stats so I can give away a pet or two here and there. See ya later! Make sure to post or pm telling me what you think about this thread.

Remember, we are not here to beg! We all just need a place to talk about this and help each other out.

EDIT: I understand why max stats are so hard to breed and why they are so expensive. I am sorry if I have offended you with this post.
Edited By Rangerdanger55 on 9/20/2017 at 6:31 PM.
Taishi
Level 64
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 9/20/2017 at 3:32 PM Post #2
Please stop this! This thread was simply a place where you could talk about you dream stat or your new/failed project, not prices! I did not mean to tick anyone off!
I thought this was a good idea for newer players like myself. I am pretty well established for someone my game age (47?) days. Please don't rant, this is a nice place for dreams!
So PLEASE stop arguing!
Edited By Rangerdanger55 on 9/22/2017 at 5:15 PM.
Taishi
Level 64
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 9/20/2017 at 3:32 PM Post #3
Reserve
Taishi
Level 64
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 9/20/2017 at 3:32 PM Post #4
Reserve
Katelynn4545
Level 71
The Artistic
Threads: 345
Posted: 9/20/2017 at 3:53 PM Post #5
I'm actually working on a few max stat pets, but these projects take years to complete kinda frustrating XD
Bookie
Level 61
The Perfectionist
Threads: 137
Posted: 9/20/2017 at 4:42 PM Post #6
I know exactly what you mean. It took me forever to save up the 150,000g for my first max stat.

I feel like they are very overpriced and I'm actually working on a Ny'vene Max Stat project that hopefully will be done soonish they're not pretty but they'll get the job done :/
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 434
Posted: 9/20/2017 at 5:05 PM Post #7
Just a quick note to add to this topic since I do fully understand this kind of plight. >.>

Not all players will look for strictly gold or diamond sales. We've all been newbies at one point or another so many of us will set alternatives for things that are more easily accessible, like pet dyes or relevant festival tokens for example. It may be a little time consuming to gather up the scales for pet dyes or to kill off the bandits for festival tokens, but it's something that any player can do - including the new and the broke.

I can't speak for everyone, of course, but typically I'll ask for 4-6 regular dyes for a Maxed Stats pet, depending on the market value and how high my need for them is. If someone is wanting more than one pet, I've been known to lower the price or the number of items to be traded as well. :)

As for helping to explain why these pets are so expensive, like Katelynn4545 mentioned above, these projects are by far the most time consuming and expensive of projects. Going from square one for most species (200 or less health and 20 or less base stats in strength, intel, etc) it takes a minimum of 10 generations to raise the stats to the maximum by using Prismatic Philters. Considering that it takes about 28 days for a pet to grow up and be breedable, that means that it would take about 10 months to complete the project under ideal circumstances with a limitless gene pool with as many prismatic philters as it takes.

Realistically it takes even longer. Players have to consider the breeding restrictions of pets being too closely related, the trait visibility (I recommend getting the visibles done first, personally,) maintaining their stable space, and of course they have to keep up with high price of Prismatic Philters.

... I'm pretty sure that I've spent well around 75 million worth of gold, diamonds, and other assorted valuables to fund my stats projects... I know that I've used about 500 prismatic philters and that their gold value averages around 150k; with that math 75 million sounds about right. That would make each 300k sale valued at about... 0.4% of my total investment. Granted, this is for clearing multiple species and 90% of their traits.

For a smaller scale project starting from the bottom up, the investment would be more like 3,750,000 to 7,500,000 in prismatic philters. (Which is the estimated value of 25-50 prismatic philters)

Ideally, using exclusive themed pets and boosting their stats with things like Siren's Tears can help. It's still pretty expensive but it does give a better foundation. It can basically cut the cost by 30-50% and it opens up more opportunity for the gene pool, but it still takes a large investment in the beginning.

I hope this clears things up a little for the community. Being on the outside and just seeing the pets, I can understand why people would be a little upset that they're so expensive. But after completing 6 species for maxed stats with about 4 more that are nearing completion, I'd say that I'm knowledgeable enough to help explain why this is so. The investment in both time and currency makes the 300k pricetags pale in comparison.
Edited By Xavion on 9/20/2017 at 5:11 PM.
Amarok
Level 75
Fancy Pants
Threads: 105
Posted: 9/22/2017 at 9:52 AM Post #8
150k for a max stat is No Where Near overpriced. In fact, 150k is actually too low. It takes a lot of time and commitment to finish a project like that. About 9 months for the stats alone. If you want to add traits as well (to have a pretty max stat) then be prepared to add another 3 - 6 months on top of that.

Not only that, but if we're talking 10 months = max stat, then you'd be going prismatic philter route. Current prismas in the broker are costing 200k each (or you buy with diamonds from the shop). Minimum you'd be wanting for each generation is 4...so 4 x 9... and you have your amount. I havn't even started on genderswaps. You'd be needing those to ensure that you aren't wasting your prismas. And magical pies to speed up the process.

I know I probably sound harsh, but it does take a heck of a lot of work to get a max stat project up. And to say that the prices are 'too high' is kind of insulting to people that sacrifice a lot to do it. And generally the returns received by max stat project owners tend to be less than the output: Mainly because no one would buy a max stat for the effort they're actually worth, so breeders are ALREADY having to lower their prices to sell their product ~

I do kind of see the other side of the coin, and that is, that gold can be difficult to earn if you're a new player, and that normal pets tend to die too easily in combat.

Except...max stats are really designed to be end game content. They're a thing that you 'earn'. If they were free handouts to everyone, what would be the point of having them? How could you learn to play the game if you had an overpowered pet killing everything for you? Gold becomes far easier to earn once you unlock to the end of the story line, it's easy to earn gold in festivals, dungeon runs, missions, playing the broker, etc. And also, it is perfectly possible to complete the game (reach level 60) with 'bad stat' pets. In fact I would recommend this. If you need a max stat pet to complete the story line, then you're not doing it right.
Bookie
Level 61
The Perfectionist
Threads: 137
Posted: 9/22/2017 at 10:44 AM Post #9
XD triggered much? No need to be insulting doll. And I wasn't refering to the 150k one I bought, I was refuting to the people demanding 600k+ For one.

And the one I'm working on? They won't be pretty but I only started last month and I'm nearly done. I've already got an offspring with two 99 stats and over 1050 health with all the other stats in the upper 80s.
Edited By Bookie on 9/22/2017 at 10:45 AM.
IvyCat
Level 62
Trickster
Threads: 106
Posted: 9/22/2017 at 12:08 PM Post #10
it depends what you're thinking of. infertiel max stats should be sold around 250-350k, yes, however fertile should be ranging from 1million- 3million honestly. Imagine if you had someone breeding your max stat project to raise their pets so they don't have to use so many philters on their projects then selling them cheaply, yours would go out of sale.
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.