Players 2,541 413
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,205,120 843
Generated 653,649 74
Captured 1,186,817 93
Bred 6,364,562 676
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > Exploring Gilador [LIMITED Game!]
Page 1 1, 2, 3... 79, 80, 81 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Creativity
Level 71
Cutely Creative
Threads: 253
Posted: 9/16/2017 at 4:54 PM Post #1
This is a choose-your-own-adventure/pick-your-path game. If you participate, you will be given a set of options each round, which may lead you into dialogue mode. In dialogue mode, you must instead speak to an npc, or a non-playable character. The choices you make will affect how others interact with you, what type of situations you get into, and sometimes, the choices presented to you.

You may sometimes find companions who will help you, and you may sometimes lose companions. Your companions may speak up at any time if they are humanoid beings. Your companion does have a mood, and it may lower or raise in response to your choices. Your companions will have personalities, and will each have their own reputation.

This game is different for every player. I have my own individual maps for each player, so you may not look to another's story to figure out your own.

-

The Rules, which must be Read AND Followed:

1. This game will have a limit of 6 people at a time doing their little stories at this time so I don't get overwhelmed. This WILL be bumped up to 5 once I make the maps!

2. The slots will be first-come, first-serve.

3. If you are inactive with this game for three days, you will receive a warning message. Once you have been inactive with this game for a total seven days, you will be removed and your slot would be open for someone else to fill.

4. Failure to follow the rules thrice, earning a strike each time, will result in immediate death of your character by an unstoppable cause and you will be removed from the game, with the spot open for someone else to fill.

5. NO cursing/swearing/foul language. "Heck, frick, etc." is allowed. However, if you really want to cuss, please make a creative phrase of random words, such as, "Flabbergasted Peacocks!"

6. Do not be mean to another player.

7. Do not act like it is a sob story that someone else has more of anything than you.

8. Do not complain. You can joke, but no complaints. Please, keep this lighthearted.

9. NO dirty references.

10. Your choices may lead your character to die.

11. Please do not PM me asking if any spots will be opened. When/if spots are opened, they will usually be random. I may choose to expand the amount of people playing if I so wish.

12. Your character can either be evil or good, lawful or chaotic, really up to you. It is best, though, that you stick to a personality with your character.

13. You may have no more than 3 companions travelling with you at any given time.

14. You MAY reserve a spot.

15. Please, I ask of you, be creative in your character! I don't want everyone to be elves!

16. Have fun!

-

The plot of Exploring Gilador is different for each character! In general, though, it is about trying to stay alive and finding your own plot and side plotlines. Your character is situated in the land of Gilador.

-

Gameplay:

The currency in Gilador is called Fairs. A Fair is a small, carved teardrop shaped purple gem.

Each player will start out their game with 20 Fairs, a bag, armor that suits their character, a /normal/ weapon of their choice, and some pieces of meat and fruits in their bag.

-

Creating Your Character:

You are one of four humanoid creatures. In your first post, you are to create your character, filling out a form. The humanoid creatures are as follows:

Human - Playing as a human is the most basic role you are able to fill. Humans are exceptionally charismatic creatures, and can cover just about any weapon, or magic. The human species is the most flexible for you to start off with. Humans live in villages, so that must be a part of your backstory if you are a human. Humans have skin ranging from pale to dark, and hair ranging from light to dark, or red. Humans average about 5'6, but can be taller/shorter. Humans do not carry with them much of a reputation.

Orc - Orcs are very strong creatures. They do best with heavier armor, and heavier weapons. Orcs tend to be more hotheaded and high-tempered, but not all are. Orcs are able to learn magic, but their magic tends to be unpredictable. This species does not do well with a bow and arrow. They live in solitude most of the time. Orcs have skin ranging from light to dark green, and hair that lies on the grayscale. They are a tall species, averaging about 6'7, and do not have much variance. All orcs have two tusks. Orcs tend to have a negative reputation.

Elf - An elf is the most tricky of the humanoid species in Gilador. The elf is witty, and cunning, and knows to think outside the box. They are quick on their feet, and as so, are better suited for magic or archery and light armor. Elves usually live in tribes in the middle of forests. Elves typically have very pale skin colors, but their hair colors range as the same as humans'. Elves average in height about 5'8, but can have much variance. Elves have long ears, and carry with them a neutral reputation most of the time.

Dwarf - Dwarves are hardworking, strong creatures that are better suited for heavier armor, but not necessarily heavier weapons. A dwarf does well with heavy weapons, but also with archery. Dwarves are completely incapable of any magic. The dwarves are commonly found living in clans underground. A dwarf averages about 4'5 in height, but can have slight variances. Dwarves range in complexion and hair color as humans do. A dwarf will typically carry a positive reputation, as dwarves tend to be your usual workers.

The following form is for you to fill out when creating your character:

Username:
Name of Character:
Picture (Use Sylestia Wardrobe, does not need to be available immediately):
Race:
Weapon of Preference:
Backstory (Not needed immediately):

-

The Players:

Username: Britters
Name of Character: Malak Khaleel
Picture:

Race: Human
Weapon of Preference: Scimatar

Companions:

Name: Elysetta
Species: Pixie

Fairs: 30
Items: 4 pieces of meat, 4 pieces of fruit

-

Username: Somneli
Name of Character: Julien Marsche
Picture:

Weapon of Preference: Daggers

Companions:

Name: Ruk
Species: Orc

Name: Aylen
Species: Porcelain Doll

Fairs: 21
Items: 5 pieces of meat, 5 pieces of fruit, 3 throwing knives

-

Username: Fiolei
Name of Character: Gara Wolfsdottir
Picture:

Race: Orc
Weapon of Preference: axe

Backstory:

It is not a secret that orcs are not well liked among the civilized races. However, things tend to change in the hearts of people when they come upon orphaned babies. Such was the happenstance for Gara. Her parents, having tried to take on a pack of wolves, lost their fight. Thankfully, before they started their fight -hoping for fine pelts for trade- they stashed their baby girl in a hollowed out tree trunk where she would be safe until they finished their business. Night came and went and no one came for Gara. The singing of the birds the next morning woke the baby, as did her very empty belly. What was she to do? The only thing she could. She started to cry. The pack, which had stayed near by because of the scent of easy prey, howled because of the baby's cries piercing their ears. Those howls, along with the baby's cries, caught the ears of a woodsman. He came to see what was causing the racket and saw as the wolves -having had enough- were leaving. He followed the sounds of the crying and found her in the tree.

"Oh dear...an orc child...where's your....oh" he said all of this as he looked around, and found the remains of two orcs on the ground. "Well now, I guess you will be needing some help. Come on little one." He reached into the hollow and withdrew the baby. "After all, you are so little, maybe we can teach you to be smart and not like some of those other orcs. Going to be rough for you little one...the wife is going to be hard to win over, but surely she will see you are nothing to be feared. What shall we call you though?" All of this he spoke as he carried the baby, still very unhappy about her empty stomach back to his home. When he got home he introduced the baby to his wife, who at first was furious but then her heart melted and took the child. They named her Gara Wolfsdottir, since she was found amongst the remains of a wolf pack fight.

Life growing up in the woods is pretty much the same day in and day out. Gara learned how to swing an axe early in life and grew strong and tall. Reaching her height of 6'7" she was much taller than her human parents. She knew no other parents and loved these people greatly. Sure it was tough going into the nearby village but even they started to slowly get used to the little orc girl. Soon she was a young adult and ready to travel and see the world. Her father and mother protested, being that they did not want her to encounter negativity outside of their community, but they knew in their hearts that this was what their daughter needed. With heavy hearts the couple helped their daughter get ready for her adventures. An axe her father had crafted for her so she would not forget where she came from, and a suit of armor to help keep her safe. With a small traveling bag with supplies, and a bedroll, Gara stepped out into the world beyond her home.

Companions:

Name: Ragna
Species: Dwarf

Fairs: 20
Items: 5 pieces of meat, 5 pieces of fruit

-

Username: IvyCat
Name of Character:
Race:
Weapon of Preference:
Backstory:

Companions:
Fairs:

-

Username: Tori
Name of Character:
Race:
Weapon of Preference:
Backstory:

Companions:
Fairs:

-

Username: Flute
Name of Character:
Race:
Weapon of Preference:
Backstory:

Companions:
Fairs:
Edited By Creativity on 11/25/2017 at 12:16 AM.
Creativity
Level 71
Cutely Creative
Posted: 9/16/2017 at 4:54 PM Post #2
(This is the beginning post for ALL new players)

You wake up in a small tavern, lying in the middle of the room. You barely remember collapsing in the middle of the small town of Ilamoor. You groan and rub your head as you sit up. Then, you become aware of an old woman kneeling next to you.

"Welcome to Gilador, young traveler. My name is Niala. That was quite a fall you took earlier," she told you kindly. "You are in the town of Ilamoor," she added as she held a cool cloth against your forehead. "But I think you will be fine. I am sure this little place was not your destination."

You shake your head no. It wasn't.

Niala chuckled lightly. "That's quite alright. I've gathered your stuff, so you are fine to be on your way. Just know that you will always have a friend here," she informed you warmly.

What do you wish to do?

a) Speak with her more
b) Explore the town
c) Leave the town
d) Kill Niala
e) Pickpocket Niala
f) Other
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Threads: 167
Posted: 9/16/2017 at 4:55 PM Post #3
Username: Britters
Name of Character: Malak Khaleel
Picture (Use Sylestia Wardrobe, does not need to be available immediately):
Weapon of Preference: Scimatar
Edited By Britters on 9/16/2017 at 5:34 PM.
Somneli
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 111
Posted: 9/16/2017 at 4:57 PM Post #4
I'll give it a try! Also reserving a spot :D

Username: Somneli
Name of Character: Julien Marsche
Picture:

Weapon of Preference: Daggers
Backstory: Julien was born a rowdy child in a village at the base of the mountains. The village people were kind and cared for their children, but they also had incredibly strict rules. Julien's initial boisterous nature led him to get in trouble with his parents and the other village adults, again and again, until he began to loathe the strict enforcement of the stringent rules. He began to break the rules in more creative ways - stealing bits of food, teasing the girls, exploring the foothills of the mountains with other boys in tow.
Eventually, the villagers decided they had had enough. One morning, his mother dragged him into the main area of the village, where the other villagers began to throw rocks at him. At first he took the punishment with a wry smile, feeling that he was getting what he deserved. But when the rocks kept coming, he realized that they were actually trying to kill him, and he became afraid. He managed to force his way out of the crowd of people and ran away from the village, but he didn't make it very far before collapsing.
A kind woman who lived in a different nearby village found him while foraging for berries, and she carried him back to her village to nurse him back to health. At first he was scared of her and rejected her help, fearing she would report him back to his village, but eventually he grew to trust her. She went so far as to allow him to stay with her permanently, as though he were her own son, and he began to love her like the mother he never had. From that time on, he vowed never to do wrong to people who were kind enough to take him in.
That didn't stop him from having an adventurous spirit, though, and he continued making expeditions into the mountains, as well as the nearby grasslands, though at that point he was doing it for the good of his new village and not to spite anybody. But anybody who knows anything about the wild knows that there are plenty of ways a boy can get hurt...
Edited By Somneli on 9/16/2017 at 6:51 PM.
Forcehorse2003
Level 60
Stocking Stuffer
Threads: 12
Posted: 9/16/2017 at 4:58 PM Post #5
Edited By Forcehorse2003 on 9/24/2017 at 1:04 AM.
Forcehorse2003
Level 60
Stocking Stuffer
Threads: 12
Posted: 9/16/2017 at 5:00 PM Post #6
Edited By Forcehorse2003 on 9/24/2017 at 1:05 AM.
Fiolei
Level 75
Fancy Pants
Threads: 71
Posted: 9/16/2017 at 5:03 PM Post #7
I'd like to give this a go. I'll get a character made up, but I see 3 before me so I shall await my chance to play :)

Username: Fiolei
Name of Character: Gara Wolfsdottir
Picture:
Race: Orc
Weapon of Preference: axe

Backstory:

It is not a secret that orcs are not well liked among the civilized races. However, things tend to change in the hearts of people when they come upon orphaned babies. Such was the happenstance for Gara. Her parents, having tried to take on a pack of wolves, lost their fight. Thankfully, before they started their fight -hoping for fine pelts for trade- they stashed their baby girl in a hollowed out tree trunk where she would be safe until they finished their business. Night came and went and no one came for Gara. The singing of the birds the next morning woke the baby, as did her very empty belly. What was she to do? The only thing she could. She started to cry. The pack, which had stayed near by because of the scent of easy prey, howled because of the baby's cries piercing their ears. Those howls, along with the baby's cries, caught the ears of a woodsman. He came to see what was causing the racket and saw as the wolves -having had enough- were leaving. He followed the sounds of the crying and found her in the tree.

"Oh dear...an orc child...where's your....oh" he said all of this as he looked around, and found the remains of two orcs on the ground. "Well now, I guess you will be needing some help. Come on little one." He reached into the hollow and withdrew the baby. "After all, you are so little, maybe we can teach you to be smart and not like some of those other orcs. Going to be rough for you little one...the wife is going to be hard to win over, but surely she will see you are nothing to be feared. What shall we call you though?" All of this he spoke as he carried the baby, still very unhappy about her empty stomach back to his home. When he got home he introduced the baby to his wife, who at first was furious but then her heart melted and took the child. They named her Gara Wolfsdottir, since she was found amongst the remains of a wolf pack fight.

Life growing up in the woods is pretty much the same day in and day out. Gara learned how to swing an axe early in life and grew strong and tall. Reaching her height of 6'7" she was much taller than her human parents. She knew no other parents and loved these people greatly. Sure it was tough going into the nearby village but even they started to slowly get used to the little orc girl. Soon she was a young adult and ready to travel and see the world. Her father and mother protested, being that they did not want her to encounter negativity outside of their community, but they knew in their hearts that this was what their daughter needed. With heavy hearts the couple helped their daughter get ready for her adventures. An axe her father had crafted for her so she would not forget where she came from, and a suit of armor to help keep her safe. With a small traveling bag with supplies, and a bedroll, Gara stepped out into the world beyond her home.
Edited By Fiolei on 9/24/2017 at 1:43 AM.
Creativity
Level 71
Cutely Creative
Posted: 9/16/2017 at 5:03 PM Post #8
I'm working on trying to get two more maps made up, so keep your eye out for an opening c;.
Creativity
Level 71
Cutely Creative
Posted: 9/16/2017 at 5:05 PM Post #9
Once you guys get a semi-completed form (sans the wardrobe image and backstory), you may reply to the second post, which is the first post for all of you :).
Fiolei
Level 75
Fancy Pants
Threads: 71
Posted: 9/16/2017 at 5:06 PM Post #10
can i go ahead and prep a character for said opening in the future?
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 79, 80, 81
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.