Players 2,407 367
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,242,961 1,762
Generated 656,182 12
Captured 1,190,474 65
Bred 6,396,210 1,685
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Find Roleplayers > Half-Breed High Sign Ups (Reboot!)
Page 1 1, 2, 3... 14, 15, 16 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Ciolin
Level 70
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 53
Posted: 9/15/2017 at 9:16 PM Post #1
Closed!

Link to discussion thread
Link to roleplay

Half-Breed High

We're doing this again! I'm co-running this with Shayni this time around though. This had ended up being too high maintenance for me to do alone!

Intro (Read everything, please! I'm sorry I can't summarize ;-;)
Long ago, humans, animals and mythical creatures lived in peace together, sharing the two connected realms: The Earthly Plane and the Celestial Plane. As time went by, the humans began to abuse the animals and mythical creatures, claiming the Earthly Plane as their own exclusively. Enraged, the mythical creatures decided to let them have the Earthly Plane, but only if they could claim the Celestial. Sending word to the animals, they closed off the gateway connecting the two realms. The animals decided to stay in the earthly realm, but the mythical creatures had left the humans for good. However, some mythical creatures still felt spite towards the humans.

As they closed the gateway, they sent a piece of their souls through to the Earthly Plane. The little pieces found their way into some unsuspecting humans, who had no way of knowing that they were now carried a lost species inside their hearts. These humans, now called carriers, would only produce half-breed children: Children half human, and half mythical creature.

These young half-breeds were treated like monsters. Most parents would either kill them, or abandon them to let someone else do it. Then a few surviving half-breeds decided to find a secluded place to hide. Finding an abandoned castle in the middle of nowhere, they found it too large for their small numbers. So, instead of living there themselves, they labeled the building Half-Breed High and turned it into a school and/or sanctuary for half-breeds.
Edited By Pegacorn8 on 9/21/2017 at 3:55 PM.
Ciolin
Level 70
The Sweet Tooth
Posted: 9/15/2017 at 9:17 PM Post #2
Details
I'll add as I go. If you have any questions, please ask!

Powers
There are 3 different types of powers. Major, Minor and Dormant.

A Major Power is more powerful than a minor, but not as powerful as a dormant. A halfbreed will only have one of these. Major powers are usually the ones that will be most convenient to it's user, therefore the most used. These include things like elemental control, healing, telepathy, telekinesis and many more. Not all half-breeds have major powers.

A Minor Power is less powerful than the others. Half-breeds can have more than one minor power, but these are not very powerful and are really only used every once in awhile. Minor powers are powers like talking to animals, x-ray vision, flight, lie detecting, diluted versions of major powers and many more. Most half-breeds have at least one minor power.

A Dormant Power is more powerful than both minor and major powers. These are very powerful and often quite destructive, but can only be used when extreme circumstances are met. Due to this, many half-breeds don't know their own dormant power. Almost all half-breeds have dormant powers, but most don't know that they do and never will.
Edited By Pegacorn8 on 9/15/2017 at 9:19 PM.
Ciolin
Level 70
The Sweet Tooth
Posted: 9/15/2017 at 9:17 PM Post #3
Rules & Expectations
1. Be respectful of other users.
2. Your text must be legible and at least 4 sentences long.
3. Don't make your character completely overpowered. Allow him/her to get hurt and fail every once in a while.
4. Ask before killing or seriously injuring a player.
5. No powerplaying.
6. Tell me if you need/want to leave the roleplay. I'll understand!
7. Ask me before making a big plot change.
8. When speaking OOC, use brackets. (Like this!)
9. One student each!

News/Updates
Nothing yet!
Edited By Pegacorn8 on 9/15/2017 at 9:43 PM.
Ciolin
Level 70
The Sweet Tooth
Posted: 9/15/2017 at 9:17 PM Post #4
Characters
Staff:
Headmaster: Ash- me
Assistant Headmaster: Alina Damey- Shayni
Nurse: June Gunderman- Hawkeye
Weapons Training Teachers: William Scott- Nafariaandulin, Fia- Hollybolly426
Ability Training Teachers: Alina Damey- Shayni, Ryker Kane- Annieheart

There are also Math, English and History classes though the class time'll probably just be skipped in the rp since it wouldn't be very interesting to rp about.

Students: (12 Capacity)
1. Elena- me
2. Kara Leahy- Shayni
3. Blue Rivera- Bluepearl15
4. Kuma Inui- Thisbyofthessally
5. Avidra Aria Everpool- Dragontulip
6. Kissui- Glitterthesylveon
7. Ina Coldscale- Weredragon13
8. Dakota Brown- Hawkeye
9. Fern Hallows- Fengarii
10. Dragonix Ocelheart- Scarwings
11. Nik- Lilly3340
12. Ilya Redwood- Ivycat
13. Kelsier- Tburn2004
14. Kyle- Dunno

Users
Pegacorn8, Shayni, Bluepearl13, Thisbyofthessally, Dragontulip, Glitterthesylveon, Weredragon13, Hawkeye, Fengarii, Scarwings, Lilly3340, Annieheart, Nafariaandulin, Ivycat, Tburn2004, Dunno

Forms (One student each!)

Character Form

Role (Student or staff?):
Name:
Nonhuman Half:
Appearance:
Personality:
Skills:
Flaws:
*Crush/In a relationship?:
*History:
*Major Power:
*Minor Powers(Max. 2):
*Dormant Power:
*DP Circumstance(What has to happen for them to be able to use their DP):
Weapon(leave blank, decided in roleplay):
*Additional Info:

If it's starred, it's optional. Your character does not need to have every section filled out.
Edited By Pegacorn8 on 9/21/2017 at 7:55 PM.
Ciolin
Level 70
The Sweet Tooth
Posted: 9/15/2017 at 9:17 PM Post #5
The World
Half-Breed High is in the middle of nowhere, really. Picture yourself facing towards it.

Behind you is a vast, open plain. You can see a couple of small towns in the distance, but they're too far to pose a threat. They're the Village of Farrok and the Town of Eastwell.

In front of you is the school, but past it is a dense forest. It goes on for about 25 miles in each direction, and past it is the city of Dimwell.

To your left is the stables, storehouses and dorms. Past those is Giln Lake. The lake branches off into many little rivers and streams on one end, but shallows out and makes a beautiful beach on the other.

To your right is the arena. That is where students train, compete and settle disputes. Past it is a large field dotted with evergreen trees, then past that is a rather gentle mountain range, with some of the mountains small enough to be called hills and almost completely covered in grass.

School Exterior:

Picture the red bricks light grey and you've got it.

Classrooms:

They are barely ever used, which might explain all the dust.

Dormitory Exterior:

Regular Dorms:

These dorm rooms are at the bottom floors of the Dormitory and are meant for students that appear human.. more or less. Two halfbreeds to each room. They are bare at first as students are expected to decorate it themselves.

Special Dorms:
These dorm rooms are all different and meant for students that will not be comfortable in the humanoid dorms. If your character requires a special dorm, I will describe it to you. They will still be rather bare.
Edited By Pegacorn8 on 9/15/2017 at 9:24 PM.
Ciolin
Level 70
The Sweet Tooth
Posted: 9/15/2017 at 9:17 PM Post #6
My characters:

Role: Headmaster
Name: Ash
Nonhuman Half: Phoenix
Appearance: About average height (5"10-5"11), easily mistaken for a student

Personality: Sassy, but in a good way? Cannot accept failure, will persevere until his goal is complete.
Skills: Hard-working, has extremely good control over his powers.
Flaws: Stubborn, can be overprotective over his students.
Crush/In a relationship: No, though I suppose it could be open.
*History: After studying, training and eventually teaching at HBH for 10 years, he took on the role of principal when the original died. Since he was so young, many older half-breeds had a hard time believing that he was able to do his work well, but proved them wrong over time. This is now his third year as principal of HBH.
*Major Power: Pyrokinesis- control over fire
*Minor Powers:
Enhanced hearing
Fireproof
*Dormant Power: Rebirth- when he dies, he turns into ash and then back into himself. After his rebirth, Ash is very weak and needs time to recover. *he knows about his DP due to a training accident a few years back.*
*DP Circumstance: He must die. However, his DP can only be used once every month or so.
Weapon: A fireproof sword.
*Additional Info: He won't be very active in the roleplay and will only appear when seeked out.

Role (Student or staff?): Student
Name: Elena "Ellie"
Nonhuman Half: Caladrius
Appearance: Very pale, short (5"3), her nearly white hair reaches almost halfway down her back.

Personality: Kind. Cares about everyone, no matter what they did to her. Likes to help people.
Skills: Intelligent, learns quickly, very likeable
Flaws: Physically weak, not athletic at all, no fighting skill whatsoever, scaredy-cat
Crush/In a relationship: Nope, but open.
*History: Her parents originally believed that she was a human child (Just an albino one), and she lived a rather normal life. It wasnt until her baby brother was born (seemingly albino as well) that they realized something was off. They killed her baby brother, but she was able to run away. Aris lived on her own in a neighboring town for a few years, but eventually word got to her about Half-breed High. Although it was just a rumor at the time, she decided that it was better than hiding her identity.
*Major Power: Healing, but it drains her energy quite a bit.
*Minor Powers(Max. 2): She can shapeshift into a large white bird, but she cant control it yet.
*Dormant Power: Pestilence- she releases all the pain and sickness that shes healed out in a wave. Anyone too close will either die instantly or become very ill. *She doesn't know about this*
*DP Circumstance(What has to happen for them to be able to use their DP): She must be fatally injured.
Weapon(leave blank, decided in roleplay):TBD
*Additional Info: A caladrius is a snow white healing bird from Roman mythology. It lived in kings houses and was able to take someone's sickness into itself, later dispersing it into the air as it flew away.
Elena is June's younger cousin.
Edited By Pegacorn8 on 9/21/2017 at 8:12 PM.
Aquila
Level 60
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 107
Posted: 9/15/2017 at 9:20 PM Post #7
Can I still sign up?
Ciolin
Level 70
The Sweet Tooth
Posted: 9/15/2017 at 9:22 PM Post #8
The thread isn't finished yet, I'll let you know when it's finished. You can sign up then.
Edited By Pegacorn8 on 9/15/2017 at 9:35 PM.
Ciolin
Level 70
The Sweet Tooth
Posted: 9/15/2017 at 9:38 PM Post #9
Bluepearl13
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 131
Posted: 9/15/2017 at 9:41 PM Post #10
Are you restarting the roleplay?
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 14, 15, 16
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.