Players 2,533 428
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,205,930 810
Generated 653,745 96
Captured 1,186,876 59
Bred 6,365,217 655
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2017 Fall Festival - Avatar Item Design
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,117
Posted: 9/11/2017 at 5:47 AM Post #1
Hello everyone! We will be holding design contests once again for the 2017 Fall Festival! Please make sure to read the rules carefully!

Rules

1. Design an Avatar Outfit for the Fall Festival. Please use the following bases to draw your avatar items on.

Male Avatar Base

Female Avatar Base

The following can be included all in one entry for avatars:

1 Avatar Outfit
1 Avatar Wings
1 Avatar Back Item
1 Avatar Held Item
1 Avatar Head Item

2. You must draw the items on the avatar base. In case your drawing skills aren't great then along with your drawing you can include a description to better help us envision your avatar items. If you are unable to draw something, then I am sorry, there will be no exceptions.

3. Avatar Items submitted must be Fall Themed. So anything to do with the fall season, this includes any holidays that fall in the fall season, fall weather etc.

4. Please do not reserve posts. If you reserve a post I will delete your post.

5. Before submitting your entry please make sure to scan the thread to see if someone else has done something similar. Try to make your entry unique and if someone has already done something that you were wanting to do...then I highly suggest you pick something different. If you feel someone has "copied" your design, do not say anything to that person - especially in this thread.

6. You may only submit ONE official entry. If you wish to submit more then you can send me a PM with drawings of your avatar item ideas. However all PMed entries that are sent to me will not count for prizes.

7. The end date is October 1st at 11:59 PM server, after that the thread will be locked. Please just do your best if you choose to participate.

Note

I am very aware that it's typical to use google to search for ideas when designing things. However, it is extremely important that if someone happens to be referencing another person's artwork, it should not be possible to google it and find exactly what was used as reference.Please make sure to change it enough and be creative enough that you're making it your own design. This is extremely important not just for ethical reasons but also for legal reasons when we're implementing something onto our site. Thank you! :)

Prizes

All entries that are picked will have their avatar items created and be given one free copy of the submitted items. Everyone that participates will also receive a participation prize.

Don't comment on someone's entry unless you have something nice to say. If someone copies your entry then have faith in us that we will determine the correct winner. Please do not fight over entries, if I see anyone doing this in the thread then whoever is fighting will be disqualified.
Edited By Krinadon on 9/11/2017 at 5:51 AM.
Malikkkkkkkkkkkkk
Level 49
Threads: 16
Posted: 9/11/2017 at 5:50 AM Post #2
Thanks for doing what you do, Krinadon! :)

Good luck to everybody in the game! :D
Silverkitsu
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Threads: 143
Posted: 9/11/2017 at 6:32 AM Post #3
Falling Leaf Spirit

This could come in several different shades of leaves; like yellow, orange, brown, and that random green leaf that falls off before it should
Edited By Wavypavy on 9/12/2017 at 7:41 AM.
Kalores
Level 75
The Dreamer
Threads: 109
Posted: 9/11/2017 at 7:16 AM Post #4
It's time for the Fall Fest Entries. Be warned, I drew this in MS Paint with a mouse, so sadly, the art will not be the greatest. I will do my best to describe what I am envisioning~

My entry is the Dragon Outfit. Some people may be wondering why I'd enter a dragon outfit when we already have some. To be honest, while we do have a few, none are an outfit that make you fully look like a dragon. Ever since we got the Lion and Yeti outfit, I've really wanted a dragon outfit that covers everything, even your face, so your avatar truly looks like a dragon from top to bottom!(all dragon, no human avatar showing) :D

First up is all the lining I drew, that way you can see the base.

I would have liked to make the head a little slimmer, but I have to go with the proportions of the avatar base. Also, I drew this over the female avatar base, then erased all the base avatar lines. I won't be drawing the outfit on the male base as it will be exactly the same, just the positioning of the feet will be a little different. And I am aware that one arm is beefier than the other. Go mouse drawing skills! XD

Here is a fully coloured version, done up as a Nebula Dragon! :D

Some stuff to explain first.
The dots of blue and purple on the outfit are supposed to be stars. I just lack a proper tool for that in MS Paint. The pink stuff spray painted on the wings of the avatar and baby dragon is supposed to be the Nebula effect, but I don't have the proper tools to make it look better ^^u The pink and blue stuff coming off of the back and tail of the outfit and baby dragon would look similar to Essence of Fire on the Ny'vene. It is essentially supposed to be cosmic energy. There should be scales, I just can't draw them well in paint, so I opted not to draw them.

Outfit Name: Dragon Outfit
The idea here is for a full body dragon outfit that shows nothing of the human avatar. That way we can all run around as awesome dragons! :D After doing the lining, I did up a full colour version as a Nebula Dragon(I desire this design the most). I thought that other types could be a fire dragon, water dragon, etc. Possibly one for each element of the Gods of Sylestia?

This would be the body of a dragon. It would have scales, sharp claws on the hands and feet, etc. In the example of the Nebula Dragon I drew, the body is dark like the night sky with stars all over it. Down the belly and underside of the tail is a fiery like cosmic energy with stars in it.

My avatar outfit has dragon wings, traditional Western Dragon wings. Feel free to make them fancier. I could only make standard ones in MS Paint. ^^u In my example, these wings have Nebulas on them.

The back item is a dragon tail. In my example, it has a fiery cosmic energy design on the underside with stars all over it, and it has fiery cosmic energy coming out of the top of it.

The avatar held item is a baby dragon designed to look like the outfit the avatar is wearing(basically, you are the parent). Something I would love is that the hand of the avatar remain the clawed dragon hand, even when you have the held item. Often I find they end up being bare(much like the Yeti), if you opt for the animal held(or any for that matter), and the only way to have the clawed hand is to have it as a separate held item.

The avatar head item is a Dragon head. It completely covers the head of your avatar. In my example, the head of the Nebula Dragon had fiery cosmic energy coming out of it.

That took a while to do, but was a lot of fun! I look forward to seeing what everyone else designs~
Snowcrystal
Level 61
Threads: 175
Posted: 9/11/2017 at 7:22 AM Post #5
since school has started, so:

Sylestia School Uniform

Female

Male

Held: Pencil, or Pile of Unfinished Homework xD
Outfit: Sylestia school uniform. a t-shirt with a pocket with the word 'Sylestia' on it, though a bit hard to see. Shorts, shoes and socks for male version and skirt, leggings and shoes for for female. Plus a watch on wrist
Head: Math Headband. black headband with multicolored math symbols on.
Back: Classroom Background
Edited By Snowcrystal on 10/7/2017 at 5:51 AM.
Mccauley1
Level 67
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 90
Posted: 9/11/2017 at 9:17 AM Post #6
Autumn Leaf Outfit (Scarlet, Red, Crimson, whatever you want to call it)

Avatar Outfit: Autumn Leaf Outfit

This would work in an orange, yellow, and green variants too

I realize this is simaler to Snowcrystal's design, but I think it is different enough
Edited By Mccauley1 on 9/11/2017 at 6:35 PM.
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 434
Posted: 9/11/2017 at 9:30 AM Post #7
* I am not an artist, so I'll add some reference images. The intent is to make the avatar look like it's made of stone. x x x x x

Graveyard Statues - Angelic Version and Reaper Version
(The only difference is the headpiece and held item :3)

*For the "Angelic" headpiece I was tempted to add a blindfold reminiscent of the Lady of Justice. >.> But I couldn't art right. XD

* For the "reaper" headpiece, it'd be cool if it worked by shrouding the eyes in complete darkness and overlayering them with the spooky glowing eyes, then fade with transparency downwards so the nose and mouth can be sort of seen, like how the old Tattered Clothes added blackness around the eyes with the transparency but instead, over the whole face. Just to give that "creepy" vibe.

For pre-colored ideas - Marble, Mossy, and Brimstone.
(>_> Forgive the weird orange linework on the Brimstone. After layering the outfit over a brimstone background, the original lines were impossible to see, lol)

Other held ideas:

Oldschool pocketwatch, for the symbolic notion of a watch counting a person's "time" remaining in life.

Skulls! Because why not? There are demon skulls, regular skulls, dragon skulls, skulls everywhere.
Edited By Xavion on 9/11/2017 at 11:19 AM.
Lynon
Level 70
Frosty Hands
Threads: 0
Posted: 9/11/2017 at 10:38 AM Post #8

Lynon
Level 70
Frosty Hands
Threads: 0
Posted: 9/11/2017 at 10:43 AM Post #9

Amberfur
Level 70
Guardian
Threads: 91
Posted: 9/11/2017 at 12:22 PM Post #10

Made the background gray so you could see the shirt. :P
Anyway, this is my Scarecrow outfit.
Names out pieces:
Woven straw hat
Scarecrow outfit (idk)
I tried to make it look like hay was poking out of the sleeves and pants, and added some patches to make him/her look more rustic.
Hope you like it! ~Amberheart04
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.