Players 2,440 389
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,234,189 1,275
Generated 655,955 49
Captured 1,189,822 102
Bred 6,388,320 1,124
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Suggestion Box > Saving Generator Designs for Friends ONL...
Page 2 1, 2, 3 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Emberfall777
Level 60
The Artistic
Threads: 46
Posted: 9/9/2017 at 11:43 AM Post #11
I think this is a good idea.

Although I personally do not care if my designs are stolen as they are all for fun anyways, it is still nice if people ASK! Also I bet a lot of people care about this type of thing.
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 434
Posted: 9/19/2017 at 6:09 PM Post #12
@Krinadon

Generally speaking, I try not to ping you for suggestions. In this case, however, I would like a "yes" "no" or a "maybe" if possible for this one since, once again, my reason for wanting it so badly has been established. This time with proof.

One of my designs was recently used for someone's "Regen Lunemara Giveaway" forum. They have since edited their post but 11 of 12 colors for the design were 100% identical to mine, both hex code and in placement. There was a difference in traits since my design used restricted traits, but the G1 was the only color that was altered.

That person was called out for it and did apologize so the drama itself isn't so much the issue; I'd like to consider the instance itself as resolved. But it does serve as a prime example to further validate my reasoning which is why I gave the link to it. I was lucky that someone called the player out for using one of my designs this time but that hasn't always been the case; I've lost projects to things like this before and honestly, I would like to avoid that in the future.

So, Krinadon... Think we may be able to save generator designs for "Friends Only" one day? I'm not sure how complex the coding for such a thing would be or if would even be possible, so I'm pretty much wondering if I should give up on trusting the public and just go 100% private from here on out.
Dial
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 35
Posted: 9/19/2017 at 6:15 PM Post #13
i support this. maybe we could also ping or allow certain users to see our designs by typing in their username in a designated box..? you know, those who aren't on our friend list.
Silverkitsu
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Threads: 143
Posted: 9/20/2017 at 1:14 AM Post #14
This is completely necessary. I've never had one of my designs stolen (to my knowledge), but it's my design competition Xavion's design was recently copied for and it really makes me question whether I should be running a design competition at all as it can be a way for design thieves to get some undeserved reward. i'd definitely save my designs to a friends only list and I'd probably send friend requests to regular customers to my project pairs shop so i could see how popular the design is within the small market I'm selling too without being open to theft.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 9/20/2017 at 11:59 AM Post #15
We plan on greatly expanding the "friend" / social aspects of the game going forward for when we revamp Sylestia. We want to tie it into a lot of features and really just have a good system in place for players to fully customize their social experience.

Sylestia, for us, has always been a place that should focus heavily on social interactions and community - not just a browser game with pets and breeding. When we first created the game, resources were limited and so systems for this are either just missing or not done very well.

I'm not sure how easily I could code such a thing at this time, but I would say that if I can't, it's definitely something that'd be implemented down the road for when we revamp.
Anonymouse
Level 63
Fancy Pants
Threads: 19
Posted: 9/23/2017 at 8:41 PM Post #16
yesyesyESYESYESYESYES
Articu
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 146
Posted: 10/2/2017 at 4:49 PM Post #17
*points at thread* I agree with this so much. I've had one of my designs stolen, and then I got blamed for stealing my own design by someone I've never heard of on the site -__- let's just say I stared at the computer screen for a good long while and tried to figure out what to do because there isn't much you CAN do about it. *prays that this will work out so she doesn't have to make all her designs private*
Sonrisa
Level 75
Ghost Writer
Threads: 253
Posted: 10/3/2017 at 4:37 PM Post #18
Definitely with yah here. This neeeeeeds to be done.
Kyokai
Level 60
The Majestic
Threads: 53
Posted: 10/3/2017 at 5:52 PM Post #19
Huh. I've never submitted any of my 170+ designs as public.. Mostly for the forethought that I'd rather be secretive and selfish than to give others any ideas. I've never considered submitting them publicly to gauge popularity -- but you guys are making me think I've been missing out on something. You know, anything where I can get any attention and praise. I'm so starved for it~

I support this, especially as I cannot see any downsides to it.

One note, though.. It won't stop theft. I mean, I can go look through anyone's stables and get the color codes for any of your project pets, dye a pet, and start passing it and its babies off as my own. (Not that I'd do that, of course. No glory to be had if it isn't mine, after all.) Just saying, while this will make it less easy for newer / more casual players to grab pretty designs, it definitely won't stop it. But you guys knew that already.

I'm really looking forward to a redone friend system!

Oh.. Another thought to add on to this --
could have Groups that you can be in and see designs. Like the Vulnyx Vagabonds Designs and the.. idk.. you get it, other groups. You'd have to have a person who is the leader of each group to add or remove users to the group... Well anyways, smarter people than I can figure out the logistics~
Ephemeral
Level 75
Guardian
Threads: 168
Posted: 10/5/2017 at 8:16 PM Post #20
I support! Tho maybe (unfortunately) a friend could steal a design (hopefully not!), in rarer cases.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.