Players 2,541 413
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,205,120 843
Generated 653,649 74
Captured 1,186,817 93
Bred 6,364,562 676
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Artwork Trades > ~Skywing's Art Shop~ Pricing Help!
Page 1 1, 2, 3 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Glorifying
Level 60
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 35
Posted: 8/25/2017 at 7:43 PM Post #1

Hi everyone! I'm thinking of opening up an art shop since I've got a bit of time on my hands as of late and I'd like to draw for people other than myself ^-^

A lot of my art is kpop related so I'm sorry about that, but if I can draw Korean guys I can for sure draw anything you guys would like. Most of the art examples below are human subjects but I assure you I love drawing canines, felines, birds as well as several other types of animals.

Headshots:

Full Body/Partial Body

*sorry this League fanart isn't finished but can still serve as an example lol*

Chibis:

Animals:

*this is a really awful and sketchy example, I can't seem to find any other animal drawings but animals were all that I used to draw so trust me I'm well practised loll*

PLEASE HELP ME WITH PRICING

Fun fact... I have no idea what to price my doodles, so I guess for a short while I'd appreciate if you guys could drop some suggestions concerning the pricing!

So please go ahead and give me some approx prices you think would be appropriate ^-^

*side note, I'm nowhere close to a proffessional artist (as you can clearly see lol) just a highschool girl who kinda likes to doodle pretty boys so yeah lol*
Glorifying
Level 60
The Sweet Tooth
Posted: 8/25/2017 at 7:44 PM Post #2
RESERVED
Glorifying
Level 60
The Sweet Tooth
Posted: 8/25/2017 at 7:44 PM Post #3
RESERVED
Glorifying
Level 60
The Sweet Tooth
Posted: 8/25/2017 at 7:46 PM Post #4
RESERVED
Edited By Skywing on 8/26/2017 at 5:56 PM.
Glorifying
Level 60
The Sweet Tooth
Posted: 8/26/2017 at 5:56 PM Post #5
Go ahead and post now ^-^

You can also just post some comments and feedback I guess, but I'd love it if you gave me some price advice!
Ember24
Level 60
Corporal
Threads: 28
Posted: 8/26/2017 at 7:58 PM Post #6
Hi, I just wanted to drop by and say I think your art is awesome.
Ley
Level 75
High Warlord
Threads: 26
Posted: 8/26/2017 at 8:10 PM Post #7
Personally, I think you can be asking from $3-10 USD (750k-2.5mil gold, or 300-1k diamonds), but the art market on here isn't great, which is mostly why I haven't tried actually selling anything. Most threads on here, if not for free, sell pieces for several thousand gold (literally like 3 cents, if it's 7.5k gold). It's really up to you if you want to price your work relatively high/realistically or not.

As for the art in general, it looks good! Seems like you're comfortable drawing people (which I can't say for myself), and the picture of the lion (I think it's a lion cub?) is very "Disney-esque" ^^ One thing to keep in mind for future pieces is the composition (where things are on the page) and where you want to lead the audience's eye when viewing. It think it's well done in the first example you have for the "Full/Partial Body" since the way it's drawn (the name, shards (?), and body pose) draw your eye around the picture (if that makes sense). This is also the only picture here where the main subject is offset (not in the center of the page, keeps to rule of thirds), so that in itself makes it interesting to look at. Of course, offsetting everything probably isn't the way to go, and it's difficult to do for headshots and single subject pieces; the pose or expression in those usually (not always) suggest some form of action or movement that makes it interesting. You have a good grasp on color theory/contrast/dynamics, so I won't go into that.

Overall, great job! Best of luck selling your stuff <3 I hope that wasn't too much? ;__;
Glorifying
Level 60
The Sweet Tooth
Posted: 8/26/2017 at 8:24 PM Post #8
Thank you so much!
Glorifying
Level 60
The Sweet Tooth
Posted: 8/26/2017 at 8:27 PM Post #9
Wow I wasn't expecting such high estimates! And I agree on the whole "bad market" for art on Sylestia as I just took a look around at the low prices people are asking for their art :/ I'm starting to think I'll have trouble selling my art for a price that will actuually be worth it.

And thank you so much for the critique! I actually love constructive crisitism so your input was great ^-^
Ley
Level 75
High Warlord
Threads: 26
Posted: 8/26/2017 at 8:50 PM Post #10
Yeah, the dollar conversion to gold is around $1 = 250k by my estimate, which is... astronomically high compared to most things here. The $10 estimate was pretty conservative; I've seen things (in shops and other sites) go for ~$25-40 for a full body, background, and color, but I feel most people on here can't really be dropping that kind of money.

Honestly, I think you'd have a better shot at selling your art for a reasonable price on another site dedicated to selling merchandise, since people who frequent those sites usually have more money to spend (although don't forget to watermark everything to prevent theft).

And I hope my crit was helpful in some way >< It's just something I used to do in my class. My comments have been described as "brutal," but in the classes I had it was understood that it was in the name of improvement and community learning, not an attack against the person. As another student put it, "don't be discouraged by my heavy-handedness, I just like to write."
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.