Posted: 8/24/2017 at 4:54 PM Post #31
Accepted.
Sakura
Level 75
Majestic Sculptor
Threads: 77
Posted: 8/25/2017 at 2:54 AM Post #32
SOrry, but just a quick question.

Why do you buy pets and then release them?
Asphodels
Level 70
The Perfectionist
Threads: 63
Posted: 8/25/2017 at 10:55 AM Post #33
Read the red text on the first page. Answer is 'why not' and 'sitting on too much cash'.

(Do not post again. )
Edited By Ebonyflicker on 8/25/2017 at 10:56 AM.
Asphodels
Level 70
The Perfectionist
Posted: 8/25/2017 at 11:12 AM Post #34
Sorry to bother you, but could you either direct me to or state your thoughts on buying and releasing? (I've seen it stated before, but can't find it)I'd like to be able to quote it when either I or others receive messages of this variety or posts of these kinds.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 8/25/2017 at 11:45 AM Post #35
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=50038&page=4#34
Author: Asphodels
Time Posted: 8/25/2017 at 11:12 AM
Sorry to bother you, but could you either direct me to or state your thoughts on buying and releasing? (I've seen it stated before, but can't find it)I'd like to be able to quote it when either I or others receive messages of this variety or posts of these kinds.

This thread probably mostly sums it up, even if it's a slightly different topic: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=30035

I imagine I've addressed it specifically before in other threads, but I don't know where.

To reiterate, players are 100% allowed to purchase pets for sale and then release them (or do anything at all that they want with them). Sellers do not have any reason to be upset or angry with any buyer of their pets based on what the buyer does with the pet once it's sold. And we do consider it harassment if the seller contacts, complains, questions, or demands anything of the buyer in regards to sold pets. In other words, you can't contact a buyer after they bought your pet and say something like, "Hey, why did you do ____ to my pet? Can you please not ______." That would be considered harassment.

We try to make Sylestia a friendly environment for all players; for however they want to play. While some enjoy giving away pets for free to whoever wants them, others enjoy having a better pet economy where they can sell their hard earned pets for lots of gold and they think that having a bunch of low priced pets hurts that. Thus, the clash between those in favor of buy and release and those against. Neither is right or wrong. It's just different playstyles. It's on us to create a friendly environment for both parties, which we don't really have atm.

At this time, there are no in game mechanics to govern this. So we simply state, all sales are final and once a sale is final, the owner of the pet can do absolutely whatever they want with that pet - it's 100% their pet now. It would be unreasonable for us to say anything else. We aren't ever going to tell someone how to play the game (within the obvious rules).

In the future, we may add selling options such as, "I don't want this pet released if it's bought.". A buyer would visibly see this condition and weigh whether to purchase that pet or not. Ultimately, there would be some sort of mechanic for when the buyer went to release such a pet - such as maybe instead of being released, it's forcibly returned to the seller, free of charge. (This is purely just a brainstorm idea at this point, don't take it as written in stone)

For now, my suggestion to those who do not want their pets bought and released, is to instead seek out potential buyers who actually want your pets and individually sell the pets to them. You can even take it further and enter into an agreement with them that if they buy your pet, they must return it back to you instead of releasing it. Assuming this is clearly written somewhere on Sylestia and both players clearly agree to the terms, it would be binding.

But public sales are not binding of any terms. And sellers cannot get upset at buyers of pets sold publicly - as it's the sole discretion of the buyer of what they intend to do with that pet and once bought, it's nobody else's business.

I hope this helps to shed some information on the subject. Let me know if you have any other questions!
Edited By Krinadon on 8/25/2017 at 11:49 AM.
Tori
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 30
Posted: 8/25/2017 at 12:07 PM Post #36
Thank you so, so much Krin for your reply and shedding some much-needed fresh light on the subject.
Asphodels
Level 70
The Perfectionist
Posted: 8/26/2017 at 7:42 PM Post #37
Just wanted to make a general announcement, membership of this can be removed, and will now be vetted to an extreme point.

Any single instance of harassment FROM THIS POINT ONWARDS (not counting ones in the past) will equal an automatic revoked membership. I'm inclined to be lenient/strict based on previous history.

Inactivity for three weeks without explanation means you are out as well.

I'd like to point out that this group is mostly for people who enjoy releasing of sylestis, so if you're not completely on board with that, tell me, since you might not be comfortable with us going 'Haha, I got 15 bazillion

New requirements are released pets over 200 for new members, anyone below will not register on the leaderboard until they do.

This is mostly due to me being lazy.
Ember24
Level 60
Corporal
Threads: 28
Posted: 8/26/2017 at 7:45 PM Post #38
I haven't released 200 pets yet. Should I work on that?
Asphodels
Level 70
The Perfectionist
Posted: 8/26/2017 at 7:48 PM Post #39
I'd suggest waiting til the market is better. Many people are taking 1g pets and selling them for 5g, and that's just ripping you off.
Ember24
Level 60
Corporal
Threads: 28
Posted: 8/26/2017 at 7:50 PM Post #40
Oh. So, I shouldn't buy 5g pets?
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5... 9, 10, 11
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.