Forum Index > Artwork Trades > pay what you want
Page 2 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Imperium
Level 75
Guardian
Threads: 386
Posted: 8/10/2017 at 11:09 AM Post #11
Let's go with diamonds and actually we'll even bump it up to 2k diamonds. (I realize you're just after the test kit, but the scanner is a wonderful thing to have as well, it'll also go on sale for 1k diamonds when the summer fest starts.)

Yar, this is a pretty friendly and giving community, and that's fine. It's just not super art friendly. The best advice I could give would be to set prices you think are fair based on how much work you put into your art and stay firm, even with a small tidbit explaining why your prices are the way they are. Eventually there would be a user willing to pay, but it would be a slow process.

Omg, gaia...I remember joining back in early 2005 and remember when the most expensive item in stores were the captain's outfit coats. 100k back then was rich. Now trillions is rich. @.@ It's absolutely pointless to sell anything for gold on that site. If you go away for half a year, you end up being considering poor again.

Also~ all for educating players on the are process, but please let's try not to scare them. TwT
Just an explanation on how it works would be plenty~
I recently stated that gold isn't hard to make and that is true if you're level 60.
Without having level 50 missions and the third zone unlocked however, it's very difficult to make gold.
25k for a new player is a lot and I'm sure she didn't mean any offense by it. A recommendation to try to hit for level 60 would be the best advice here~

P.S: Octi, do you know how to set up an exchange request yet? If not, I'd be happy to give you the run down.
Edited By Imperium on 8/10/2017 at 11:10 AM.
Draumrkopa
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 158
Posted: 8/10/2017 at 4:30 PM Post #12
Your art is so good!
Shiraishi
Level 60
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 8
Posted: 8/10/2017 at 8:18 PM Post #13
Oh Imperium believe me I would be a lot friendlier if this was a first or second offense, generally an honest mistake! ^_^ I can forgive and forget mistakes and lack of knowledge, but I won't forgive purposeful ignorance mixed with the unwillingness to learn.
Shiraishi
Level 60
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 8
Posted: 8/10/2017 at 8:24 PM Post #14
You're welcome my pal B) I'm sick and tired of ignorant kids, especially here too. Don't worry, I'm an art friend. I draw as well, and know the struggle. I didn't even attempt to set up shop here, seeing the prices.
As said, if you can spare the time, you might be best off selling a proper commission on dA or FA or wherever you prance about usually, and use the extra cash to buy your stuff here.
There ARE respectful people here, but they're few and far between.
I'd recommend hopping onto the Discord here, the thread should be somewhere in GD but not sure where exactly rip
All the strength and patience to you my dude, I've witnessed even worse attitude towards art here.
Namely 'it's just a picture why is it so expensive' and 'it's better to give than to take' to $5 commissions that were actually rather pretty.
Ephemeral
Level 75
Guardian
Threads: 168
Posted: 8/10/2017 at 8:39 PM Post #15
Your art is amazing! I wish I had at least a fractional bit of your talent in digital art :D
Seagold
Level 70
The Hallowed
Threads: 75
Posted: 8/10/2017 at 9:03 PM Post #16
Hello there, I would like to offer 2.5 mil gold for a headshot of my avatar if that's acceptable to you? :) If it isn't please do let me know and I can adjust willingly!

Edit: Inserting avatar image as I'm going to change it x)

Edited By Seagold on 8/20/2017 at 12:31 AM.
Reneerenee16
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 127
Posted: 8/10/2017 at 10:17 PM Post #17
I was wondering I'd you could draw me a really cute "angel bat bunny", similar kind of to this guy, but as a bunny. I'm willing to offer 10-15k for him, but I'd love to see how he turns out. Thank you for reading this! Have a great day/night!

Edit: Also if by any chance you so make this, could the colors be pink and white mixes? Sorry if I'm being too picky or anything.... I don't mean to me
Edited By Reneerenee16 on 8/10/2017 at 10:24 PM.
Octi
Level 60
Threads: 4
Posted: 8/11/2017 at 1:55 AM Post #18
WO! THANKS! I figured the scanner to be an even further back goal ty for being so helpful * A* do you want a fullbody instead of just a bust?
my last art thread I had prob looked more geared towards irl coms since I used it as a baseline where honestly if anyone was willing to do some conversion I'd be willing to take some underpay since im new to the site and want to get my foot in the door... further anyway. i got the story and everything done within the first week of my joining and being at 1 mil in 2 months-not doing many of the late missions either- so that's why i didnt really get why anyone was buying art for 5k lol. also shay only joined 4 days before me so I reckoned it's not a newbie thing but an age thing... though I knew how to buy art at 15 also so i don't really have an explanation for how all of that went down. O AO
Uhh I get charging via mail and all that but nothing when it comes to gems but I just looked and I'm guessing I'd list one gold for 2k diamonds and you'd find my listing and buy it? Also, if it works for you, I normally don't accept any payment until I can complete my part of the exchange with finishing the art. Just a personal preference though, I can do whatever. n vn

I joined gaia in '04 man ;w; being an artist i could keep up with that rough shift with the economy. but wow those numbers sadly are pretty off-putting and it's pointless to buy items when they're released because gaia LOVEs screwing people with limited quantity/time items by... going against the meaning of 'limited' and just rereleasing limited items anyway. I mean... I used to like to support gaia bc it was(is?) a thing i enjoyed. :c the best way to do gaia these days is just wish list everything you like and just wait a year to buy most of it for almost nothing lol
Octi
Level 60
Posted: 8/11/2017 at 2:22 AM Post #19
thank you both <3
Octi
Level 60
Posted: 8/11/2017 at 2:25 AM Post #20
I just saw your art on your page actually so of course I had to go through your gallery and I love everything and all the pokemon and then I saw flightrising and just.... internal screaming.
I need to get back to dA I guess bc everyone says that's the place to do commissions though I've only had bad experiences with dA coms. :C Actually, more than dA, I hear I need to do FA also. 'Furries love art more than average people and actually BUY art too,' my furry friends would say. Though I'm really bad at keeping up with more sites than just tumblr (which has been slow for me lately so thats why I'm here pff...) I'm very interested in the sylestia discord! the invite link you sent me in the PM was expired though ;-; (if it would be easier to PM it via discord you can add me, I'm octilery#0247 on there)
ahh those attitudes. maybe I'm lucky then... though, those instances at least would have allowed me to rip someone a new one rather than trying to be understanding. Though someone did PM me 'Nvm there are much nicer people i can commission on this site. You really need to be nicer to the people who are trying to give you as much as they can for your art.' after they offered me 15k and let me tell you i can feel a lot less guilty about tearing into someone in private... they're spared public humiliation and get to learn things all at the same time!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
This Page loaded in 0.010 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.