Players 2,407 367
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,242,961 1,762
Generated 656,182 12
Captured 1,190,474 65
Bred 6,396,210 1,685
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > General Discussion > Nytekrie Makeover?
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Dragoil
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Artist
Threads: 172
Posted: 7/17/2017 at 9:58 PM Post #1
Hi Sylestia

So with all the lovely revamps being released I have been inspired to play with one of the pets I think really need some love.
I have always loved their concept, a very owlish creature with quadrupedal strength and catlike grace. Silent flight and hunting, a supersize attacker from above. What an awesome potential!
Sadly they are very under loved, I have heard its everything from trait distribution to lines, the later I decided to play with below.

( Note, this was just a quick rough, for fun, sketch of one Idea, nothing more, just to see reaction, I make no excuse for my cruddy artz XP)

I have always thought those eyes needed to be bigger and the beak more rounded for an owl creature, open wings are more fun for traits, pose may be off (was going for a take off or landing swoop so more body/face was seen) and I can't decide on the feet.

What dose everyone else think? ideas or opinions? Has anyone else played with Nyte lines? Traits? Maybe share opinions on improvements?

I may play with more sketch Ideas and post them here (as long as outrage doesn't ensue)

Also Note: Not endorsed by Sylestia, and nothing hashed or discussed here is guaranteed to be noted by its creators.
Ephemeral
Level 75
Guardian
Threads: 168
Posted: 7/17/2017 at 10:04 PM Post #2
I think maybe traits to make it look more graceful, I mean, a lot of the traits make the nytes look kinda savage, if you know what I mean. Also, that is a gorgeous sketch, and I do think there should be a revamp in the future, prob.
Dragoil
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Artist
Posted: 7/18/2017 at 12:24 AM Post #3
Awe! Thanks Hopeless!
I think I do know what you mean, there are a lot of head mutations that are very lacking in grace, maybe new lines will fix that.. maybe?
Ephemeral
Level 75
Guardian
Threads: 168
Posted: 7/18/2017 at 12:41 AM Post #4
hopefully :P Perhaps we should tell Krin
Katelynn4545
Level 71
The Artistic
Threads: 345
Posted: 7/18/2017 at 7:06 AM Post #5
Love it! I am really hoping fro the Admins to take this path with the nytes!
Zelly
Level 65
The Hallowed
Threads: 55
Posted: 7/18/2017 at 3:26 PM Post #6
As a big Nyte fan, I love this sketch, and hopefully you won't mind if I doodle on it. XD

The first thing I thought of when seeing this pose is how much it should be on fire. This pose is great for phoenix wings, and why should the Aurls have all the firebird fun? ;D

Tried a rubbish Stardust on it, too. XD (I'm too sick to art properly right now, so have some bad scribbles)
Edited By Zelly on 7/18/2017 at 3:35 PM.
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 7/18/2017 at 3:37 PM Post #7
I had been very much convinced that I didn't want the lines of the nytekrie messed with too much. Just a bit of updating but very much what we already have. This changed my mind. I really like this a lot! It'd be great for layering wings as well. I also like Zelly's mutation ideas!
Edited By Savynn on 7/18/2017 at 3:40 PM.
Dragoil
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Artist
Posted: 7/18/2017 at 11:42 PM Post #8
@ Hopeless: If we generate enough of a suggestion thread I will total wave over krin, it may help them! But I don't want to be premature XD, either way soon as a revamp for Nyte is suggested I'll link this all.

@ Katelynn4545: Awe thank you! I have noticed a lot of chat about how the babys look owlish so I broadened on that Idea XD It was one way to go (just glad people like it!) Maybe they will, Fai & Krin are some of the most open Admins I have met so its possible.

@ Zelly: Hi Zelly! Nice! I like those edits! They did need flames lol, I was thinking of tinkering with different tails and possibly feet (even wing edits.. like partial bat wings or OH double wings!), maybe even facial disks (there are so many owls, I based this of great horned but great grey or barn or even snowy are all very different in the facial disks! Of corse thats broadening on the owlish features of them, maybe cat features would add a twist.
BTW feel free to edit away on that sketch to your hearts content (thats open to everyone XD)

@ Savynn: Well I'm getting very humbled right now (Blushes) I didn't expect to change minds with a first try! Thank you!

I'm debating doing a second pose going the opposite direction (entering from left) I made it very gender non specific (tend to do that with critters) but It is a terrific pose for traits and I welcome anyone's suggestions, I may do some edits/sketches with some traits too if people like. (kinda want to do some minis now, Lol)
Aquari
Level 70
The Majestic
Threads: 79
Posted: 7/18/2017 at 11:54 PM Post #9
I never liked nykes but if they looked like this I would totally collect them
Silverkitsu
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Threads: 143
Posted: 7/19/2017 at 6:30 AM Post #10
I've been hopping for a nytekrie revamp soon, but this makes me want it really soon. I think it would be important to make sure they were still distinct from aurleons, but your sketch does a good job of that. I would probably suggest having the front claws feature a bit more prominently. I'd love to see another pose if you do one :)
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.010 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.