Forum Index > News and Announcements > (Final) MegaZone Update
Page 6 1, 2, 3... 5, 6, 7... 15, 16, 17 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Aizar
Level 70
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 35
Posted: 7/9/2017 at 4:24 AM Post #51
Been thinking on the pet stats of those bred vs. captured, and how you could balance them. Here's some ideas for ya!

So I'd suggest something like WoW, actually. Have the base storyline be able to be completed with basic pets. Then add higher tiers of difficulty (elite, heroic, boss+, hard mode, insane mode--whatever you want to call them) that give you special rewards on beating them, like unique wardrobe items, Themed pets, extra breeding essences, small amounts of diamonds, or whatever other goodies are rare in Sylestia (I'm still new here).

As far as pet stats, it seems like you could use the same formula for both sides.. Like the scaling of the rarer tamed pets is the same as the scaling for how many generations a bred pet has. Eg, an Uncommon pet = pet with 4 generations, while aRare pet = pet with 7 generations...etc. And also tie in the in-breeding statistic to make it actually mean something, so an inbred pet with 5 generations but 20% inbred is less powerful than an inbred pet with 5 generations and only 5% inbred. Would encourage more breeding between players I think (that sound so wrong taken out of context, haha), and make it not quite so easy to just churn out eggs to get your 10 generation uber pet.

Alternatively, maybe make breeding more easily customized when it comes to stats, at a slight hit to overall power, and formulate your battles so that some bosses need a special strategy/special team composition. So a certain boss might NEED a Fire pet with X ability, and an Air pet with Y ability, so a player has to go out and tame these pets, or else breed them, to be able to beat that boss. You could get more creative than what I jotted down here, mind you...like maybe the fight is one where all your pets are trying to hide in the undergrowth, so all of them need the gene that gives them the camouflaged-spot coloration for their species or they take extra damage...or the boss is a bull that hates red, so you can't bring any red-colored pets or they get targeted as if they had a taunt ability...and so on.

Hope that helps. I'm in love with the endless color-customization of Sylestia already, so whatever you come up with is icing on the cake!
Edited By Aizar on 7/9/2017 at 4:30 AM.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 7/9/2017 at 5:19 AM Post #52
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=48775&page=6#51
Author: Aizar
Time Posted: 7/9/2017 at 4:24 AM
Been thinking on the pet stats of those bred vs. captured, and how you could balance them. Here's some ideas for ya!

So I'd suggest something like WoW, actually. Have the base storyline be able to be completed with basic pets. Then add higher tiers of difficulty (elite, heroic, boss+, hard mode, insane mode--whatever you want to call them) that give you special rewards on beating them, like unique wardrobe items, Themed pets, extra breeding essences, small amounts of diamonds, or whatever other goodies are rare in Sylestia (I'm still new here).

As far as pet stats, it seems like you could use the same formula for both sides.. Like the scaling of the rarer tamed pets is the same as the scaling for how many generations a bred pet has. Eg, an Uncommon pet = pet with 4 generations, while aRare pet = pet with 7 generations...etc. And also tie in the in-breeding statistic to make it actually mean something, so an inbred pet with 5 generations but 20% inbred is less powerful than an inbred pet with 5 generations and only 5% inbred. Would encourage more breeding between players I think (that sound so wrong taken out of context, haha), and make it not quite so easy to just churn out eggs to get your 10 generation uber pet.

Alternatively, maybe make breeding more easily customized when it comes to stats, at a slight hit to overall power, and formulate your battles so that some bosses need a special strategy/special team composition. So a certain boss might NEED a Fire pet with X ability, and an Air pet with Y ability, so a player has to go out and tame these pets, or else breed them, to be able to beat that boss. You could get more creative than what I jotted down here, mind you...like maybe the fight is one where all your pets are trying to hide in the undergrowth, so all of them need the gene that gives them the camouflaged-spot coloration for their species or they take extra damage...or the boss is a bull that hates red, so you can't bring any red-colored pets or they get targeted as if they had a taunt ability...and so on.

Hope that helps. I'm in love with the endless color-customization of Sylestia already, so whatever you come up with is icing on the cake!

Thank you for the suggestions. =)

Unfortunately, most of those are much larger than I'm willing to do at this time given that the entire Site will be rebuilt from scratch here 'shortly'.

Just to reiterate, this is only for the MZ. The MZ is a very unique piece of content compared to the rest of the game and doesn't necessarily indicate how rebuilt features will function when the time comes to relaunch.

For the MZ, the storyline progression (if you're going along with the Site), will be group effort. So there's basically 0 skill required to participate in that. You just participate as much as you can/want to and you'll keep progressing as the entire Site does.

The only difficult part of the "storyline" of the MZ will be the Boss stages. However, as stated, they basically scale down in difficulty as time goes on. So the top skill tier of players will be the first to defeat it and advance. As then the masses catch up to that point, the Boss gets easier and easier and easier. It does have a cap as the "penalties" it receives can only go so low, but at that cap, it's super easy to defeat as long as you just learn the mechanics. But at that point, it's also a lot more forgiving if you mess up a few times.

So for the latecomers who are more casual, I don't have any concerns that they will hit a roadblock on these Bosses. Because by then, they'll be scaled down a lot and those players will have all sorts of avenues to improve their pets.

The only part of the "storyline" that will be difficult for everyone equally is the Dungeon part. But at that point, it's kinda set up to be like... (since you're familiar with WoW) doing all of the quests and storyline in the Burning Crusade and then the final quest tells you to go defeat Illidan in a raid instance.

It's meant to be the end goal and it will be that way for everyone.

For your stats suggestion, the issue I am wanting to avoid is that it takes months and months of hard work and dedication to breed a max stat (or even a high stat) pet. And also a lot of resources. It can take 5 seconds and 500 Diamonds to catch a high stat MZ Sylesti. They shouldn't be equal. Six+ months of hard work should never be able to be replaced by just catching one (or two to breed offspring) pet(s).

However, I want them both to be valuable. So I want to come up with some sort of complementary system. But I don't want to do something too complex because then it will take a lot of time to set up and implement. So there's a lot of things I'm trying to mold into a workable solution.

***Disclaimer: The following is a brainstorm idea. Please do not take it as it's set in stone or even going to be added into the game!

One option I'm contemplating is having "Active Stats" and "Breeding Stats". Basically... like how enemies have their base stats and also their battle stats. So if you caught a high stat MZ pet, it'd have relatively normal breeding stats that are passed on when bred, but really high active stats. So basically, it'd be useful to use that pet itself but would not replace breeding project pets. So far, I think this is the best idea I have on the matter.

It would also open the door for something I'm wanting to implement to the MZ where you can level a max leveled pet over and over. Each time, you can boost its stats. In this case, you could boost its active stats. It wouldn't affect its offspring, but you could theoretically get your Starter Pet to max battle stats over time... assuming there wouldn't be any restrictions or other things that I may very well add.

***Disclaimer: The above is a brainstorm idea. Please do not take it as it's set in stone or even going to be added into the game!

For the last suggestion, I try to avoid specific Rock < Paper < Scissors mechanics. I feel like it's frustrating if an encounter can only be defeated using specific pets that you may not enjoy using or not have. While, definitely yes, there are certain battles where an Air, or Fire, or Earth pet may give you an advantage over other Elements. But it should never be a requirement.

In general though, breeding is primed for a massive overhaul. Fai and I have had so many ideas pertaining to breeding for a very long time. However, for obvious reasons, it's very hard to just implement those changes - especially given how I amateurishly set everything up on Day 1. So look for massive overhauling to the breeding system when we relaunch. It should be so much more in depth, exciting, and detailed than it is now.
Articu
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 146
Posted: 7/9/2017 at 11:57 AM Post #53
Aw, darn. A lot of good questions have already been asked and answered before I could ask them myself XD. But anyways, I know you are extremely busy with everything on the site, but I just want to make sure I have everything straight in my head.

You will pretty much be able to chuck as many traps as you want at a wild Sylesti, even if it's a higher tier than your traps. (Downside: until you run out of traps, or if a trap fails, it triggers Desperation and the Sylesti becomes stronger.)

New music and a floofy new species. (Yay! I can almost guarantee I will name the new Sylesties some variation of "floofball.")

The bosses become weaker when more and more players fight them. (I still kind of wonder how that will work; what if people fly through the required storyline to get to the MZ and then are just stuck at a boss and can't get past, even when that boss is really weak?)

MegaZone box or whatever it was. (What in the world is that? I had seen a player mention that, and I didn't know if it's something in-game or something that the player had done themselves.)

Sorry, I ask some of the weirdest questions. Either that or they are for some reason difficult to answer.
Katelynn4545
Level 71
The Artistic
Threads: 345
Posted: 7/10/2017 at 7:11 AM Post #54
I really like that brainstorm Idea Krin! And I know its not set in stone, but I think it would make tamed, generated, and starter pets more valuable. I have only been on the site for about 2 years, but I barely ever uses my starter, and almost all my time and resources are in Max stats, so being able to do that with my starter would make me want to keep him and some of the other pets I like, but cant enjoy like my max stats.
Wonderfulwander
Level 75
The Dreamer
Threads: 110
Posted: 7/10/2017 at 7:08 PM Post #55
Agree with Katelynn4545. Love that brainstorm idea Krin!

If you do that, I'll definitely be playing around with more of my pets instead of just my max stat ones. =P
Somneli
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 111
Posted: 7/11/2017 at 6:56 PM Post #56
That brainstorming idea sounds really, really cool O: Not only would you be able to increase the usefulness of pets that aren't very useful right now (at least in battle), but levelling up over and over would also prevent the current annoyance of having millions of useless exp on max-level pets like I do now ahah

I'm super excited to see what you guys come up with. So many new ideas that all sound really, really cool and new and different and interesting ^.^
Marsandin
Level 75
The Jolly
Threads: 20
Posted: 7/11/2017 at 8:22 PM Post #57
I'm super excited. Thank you so much on keeping us up to date and explaining what is happening. I love the music especially.
Itscyndirella
Level 60
Fancy Pants
Threads: 22
Posted: 7/12/2017 at 7:07 AM Post #58
more events please
Scomeau
Level 60
Seashell Collector
Threads: 27
Posted: 7/16/2017 at 8:55 PM Post #59
Seems nice so far. I need to go and do some of the other areas soon to catch up.
Silverkitsu
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Threads: 143
Posted: 7/23/2017 at 3:23 AM Post #60
I have no Idea how I didn't see the latest admin post until now, but I love the brainstorm ideas and can't wait for an even more involved breeding system after the site is reworked. Sylestia's complex breeding system is, in my opinion, the best and most unique part of it.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 5, 6, 7... 15, 16, 17
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.