Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 7/6/2017 at 10:40 PM Post #41
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=48775&page=4#38
Author: Banzai
Time Posted: 7/6/2017 at 10:03 PM
Nice! I read the whole thing and listened to the music! It sounds a lot better than the previous songs in the first two exploring places! ^w^

But will the victory music be the same? I liked the victory song so much! :D

Lol. Yea, it is. Although, I turned down its base volume a bit (in addition to the sliders now).

Also, it now only plays after defeating at least an Elite enemy. So it won't just needlessly play after every single trivial battle.

And, as shown, you can keep the music on but just disable the battle summary music as an option as well for those who do not like it at all.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 7/6/2017 at 10:51 PM Post #42
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=48775&page=4#31
Author: Lanfear
Time Posted: 7/6/2017 at 12:10 PM
Ok, so, I think I may know the answer to this but..its the Mega Zone, so, lot different than regulars.

Say you got into a battle with a 4* Legendary, like that Aurleon....and you threw 20 different traps, and party died-- your next encounter-- will it be the same thing you tried to catch, or is it going to be different and have to re-find the legendary? I kind of understand how the encounters worked as you listed, but legendaries...<3 xD

Will there be perfumes specific to the MegaZone?

This is a very very nice update Krin, thank you very much! Am excited, as I think the whole of Sylestia is at this point. It indeed looks massive.

And, will there be any future festivals that are separate from the Mega Zone, and if so, will there be any that will include, pet dyes, disruptors? Those are becoming difficult to get if at all during these current fests, and had been looking for more since at least Winter fest. Spring fest--the mythical maze, 800k was too much in my opinion for just a 'chance' at a disruptor. So I thought I would ask about this. (no, not asking for handouts, but I do miss having a way to earn them, without breaking the bank, both in terms of RL $, gold, diamonds, and scales. XD)

It will not return, just like battles now. So if you fail to defeat/capture it and are in turn defeated or run away, it will be gone.

Mechanically, there'd be no way to 'save' it atm, anyway. It's just not how battle enemies are set up. Once a battle is over, that data is purged. The Site goes through tens of millions of battles and there's just no reason to ever store that much data - it would be gigabytes of data for really no reason.

But, beyond the technical reasons, I think that risk vs reward adds to the excitement and makes all of the advancements in the MZ worth it. As it is now, you can't even catch Legendary/Mythical pets naturally. You have to just simply use a Masterful Snare Trap (which, in the MZ, will still function as it does now). On top of it, think of the following:

1. You will work to have a stronger party so when you do encounter these rare pets, you can stand a better chance at catching them. So this includes getting to the max level, earning ability expertise, finding better equipment, upgrading that equipment, and using the various buffs that can be obtained from the MZ.

2. You will have to work to unlock the better traps and better consumables to increase your survival chances.

3. You will have to work to unlock the various upgrades for finding certain species, higher rarities, themed, etc.

4. And, each time you get one, it will be an incredibly rewarding accomplishment.

5. And, if you don't want to risk anything or have the capability of doing the above, just chuck a Masterful Snare Trap at it. =P

So, all of that plays into the difficulty of battling and catching these pets.

Perfumes of Themed Attraction will work in the MZ. I am not sure at this time if we'll add others.

And, as for festivals post MZ, I have no idea what we'll do. We'll obviously still keep having festivals and events, but I just don't know where they'll take place and how we'll do them. Too many unknown factors atm that we'll have to figure out when we reach that point.
Edited By Krinadon on 7/6/2017 at 10:52 PM.
Banzai
Level 75
High Warlord
Threads: 32
Posted: 7/7/2017 at 2:29 AM Post #43
Thanks Krin for answering my question! ^w^

And yeah, I guess after an Elite enemy makes sense. lol

I'm glad the music is coming back though! ^w^
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 434
Posted: 7/7/2017 at 12:34 PM Post #44
Originally it was on page 3, post 24. Ironically right above all of the other answers you gave which is how I knew for certain that mine was overlooked. (Totally not worried about that, by the way! I know you're a busy, busy admin and it was easy to miss ^^ )

The answers are all satisfactory and I completely understand (when I made the suggestion I was hoping it'd be a simple kind of thing like how the festival zones and the occasional hourly event scale to party level.) I hope it all works out when you're able to test everything in full! I just figured it may be something worth calling to your attention for the long-run.

And I do have a follow-up question. Currently we have exp orbs up to level 60; as far as you've decided on, will we be getting level 61-75 exp orbs too? The main reason I'm asking all of this is because I intend to level up a virtual ton of pets (like 500 or so Ny'vene worth XD) and I'm curious about how easy/hard this venture will be. >.>
Goldenfeather74
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 27
Posted: 7/7/2017 at 1:15 PM Post #45
So, about the population thing...
You mentioned "weeding out" monsters so you can find sylesties. Does this mean that when you kill something the population decreases? Does it ever replenish or would it be possible to kill everything?
Katelynn4545
Level 71
The Artistic
Threads: 345
Posted: 7/7/2017 at 9:19 PM Post #46
SO Master traps are the only traps usable in the MZ from the original traps right?
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 7/8/2017 at 12:56 AM Post #47
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=48775&page=5#44
Author: Xavion
Time Posted: 7/7/2017 at 12:34 PM
Originally it was on page 3, post 24. Ironically right above all of the other answers you gave which is how I knew for certain that mine was overlooked. (Totally not worried about that, by the way! I know you're a busy, busy admin and it was easy to miss ^^ )

The answers are all satisfactory and I completely understand (when I made the suggestion I was hoping it'd be a simple kind of thing like how the festival zones and the occasional hourly event scale to party level.) I hope it all works out when you're able to test everything in full! I just figured it may be something worth calling to your attention for the long-run.

And I do have a follow-up question. Currently we have exp orbs up to level 60; as far as you've decided on, will we be getting level 61-75 exp orbs too? The main reason I'm asking all of this is because I intend to level up a virtual ton of pets (like 500 or so Ny'vene worth XD) and I'm curious about how easy/hard this venture will be. >.>

Lol. I have no idea how I missed that! Even when you first said it, I went back through the whole thread and somehow still missed it lol. -_-

I am wondering if I was noticing the quote and thought it was my own reply and just kept skipping it subconsciously.

I am sorry. =P

Experience Orbs will still drop and for Levels 61-75. Although, I don't think they'll be for the same amount of XP as 0-60 and they probably will be a bit more rare.

We do plan on adding XP Boost filters/items/services though prior to the MZ releasing where you can use it on a pet and for some sort of duration (time or battles), the pet will earn extra XP and/or Ability Expertise.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 7/8/2017 at 12:58 AM Post #48
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=48775&page=5#45
Author: Goldenfeather74
Time Posted: 7/7/2017 at 1:15 PM
So, about the population thing...
You mentioned "weeding out" monsters so you can find sylesties. Does this mean that when you kill something the population decreases? Does it ever replenish or would it be possible to kill everything?

Individual players cannot decrease the population counters. It is predetermined based on the Stage and/or Events active.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 7/8/2017 at 12:59 AM Post #49
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=48775&page=5#46
Author: Katelynn4545
Time Posted: 7/7/2017 at 9:19 PM
SO Master traps are the only traps usable in the MZ from the original traps right?

Correct. The Green/Blue/Purple traps you use now cannot be used in the MZ.

The MZ will provide its own Green/Blue/Purple traps to use.

Masterful Snare Traps can be used anywhere and function the same, regardless.
Katelynn4545
Level 71
The Artistic
Threads: 345
Posted: 7/8/2017 at 5:36 AM Post #50
Okay Thanks Krin!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6... 15, 16, 17
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.