Forum Index > News and Announcements > (Final) MegaZone Update
Page 4 1, 2, 3, 4, 5... 15, 16, 17 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Lanfear
Level 75
Spooky Shopper
Threads: 329
Posted: 7/6/2017 at 12:10 PM Post #31
Ok, so, I think I may know the answer to this but..its the Mega Zone, so, lot different than regulars.

Say you got into a battle with a 4* Legendary, like that Aurleon....and you threw 20 different traps, and party died-- your next encounter-- will it be the same thing you tried to catch, or is it going to be different and have to re-find the legendary? I kind of understand how the encounters worked as you listed, but legendaries...<3 xD

Will there be perfumes specific to the MegaZone?

This is a very very nice update Krin, thank you very much! Am excited, as I think the whole of Sylestia is at this point. It indeed looks massive.

And, will there be any future festivals that are separate from the Mega Zone, and if so, will there be any that will include, pet dyes, disruptors? Those are becoming difficult to get if at all during these current fests, and had been looking for more since at least Winter fest. Spring fest--the mythical maze, 800k was too much in my opinion for just a 'chance' at a disruptor. So I thought I would ask about this. (no, not asking for handouts, but I do miss having a way to earn them, without breaking the bank, both in terms of RL $, gold, diamonds, and scales. XD)
Edited By LadyMoriarty on 7/6/2017 at 12:36 PM.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 7/6/2017 at 12:38 PM Post #32
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=48775&page=3#30
Author: Lavenderrain
Time Posted: 7/6/2017 at 11:55 AM
This looks so great! I especially love the new pet catching system! It doesn't let them run, but still seems quite realistic with them becomeing desperate.
And yay new species!
Do you currently have any plans for diamond shop megazone bundles or anything? I know you had chests for Black Friday, but will there be stuff for the opening?

I'm sure we'll come up with various Diamond Shop stuff for the MZ. It has been a massive investment of both time and resources, so we will have to recoup some of that. =P

But atm, we haven't decided on anything specific.
Lostlupo
Level 60
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 22
Posted: 7/6/2017 at 12:59 PM Post #33
This is amazing! I'm still scared that my inexperience will cause me to miss out, but knowing this community, we'll all be helping each other to get as much out of it as possible. What I'm really excited to hear about is not feeling bad for catching MZ pets that just look pretty- since MZ pets are rarer.

What I really love is the new music! That grove night piece is beautiful. I might leave Sylestia up just to listen to that at night honestly.

I am worried about the economy though. As it stands, it sounds like this is just going to cost a LOT of gold, and no one will really be selling anything because everything is new. Will there be new ways to make money in the MZ that will keep up with the prices?

Also- when we all eventually do get to the end of the MZ, is that the end of the story line? I actually love the story(I don't trust the king...) and can't wait to continue it, but another cliff hanger would be killer.
Sashiku
Level 58
The Perfectionist
Threads: 10
Posted: 7/6/2017 at 1:41 PM Post #34
Ok so, I just want to say that all of you artists/coders/writers/creators/admin and owners are amazing. I've come to really love Sylestia and it makes me really happy that you guys are actively doing things not only with the game, but with and for the community. You've built a lovely place to be. I'm excited to see what you come up with and I'm sure everybody else is too. I'm so glad to be a part of this.
Moonflowr
Level 71
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 8
Posted: 7/6/2017 at 2:44 PM Post #35
this sounds AMAZING I can't wait to participate in this!!!!!
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 434
Posted: 7/6/2017 at 8:23 PM Post #36
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=48775&page=1#4
Author: Krinadon
Time Posted: 7/6/2017 at 4:03 AM
III. The MegaZone Scales With Players

Table of Contents

Unlike other exploration areas of Sylestia where the content is static and becomes trivial after a certain (usually small) period of time, everything in the MZ will scale with players as they advance.

For example, while Section One will initially be for Levels 61-65, once Section Two has unlocked and a player has progressed to that point, Section One will scale up and will also now be for Levels 66-70.

This continues until eventually a player has unlocked all of the MZ sections and they're all scaled up to Level 75. This insures that content never becomes trivial and always provides a challenge.

So how does effect the leveling of new pets?

If a player was to get through all of the progression, it sounds like they'll have nowhere to go for levels 60-74.They would either have to hope that their level 60 pets can handle level 75 and probably die a lot, or grind at the level 55-60 zone for an unknown (probably awful) amount of time to bridge the level gap with low exp gains until they can handle level 75. Even now, going back to the old zones is essential for leveling new pets when someone wants a new team, and the idea of having nowhere to go for 14 levels worth sounds pretty unpleasant.

Wouldn't it be more logical to have the zones scale to party level between 60-74 instead of cap out at the 75 max by default??

Posting this same question a second time with a ping since the last one went unanswered .-.
Imperium
Level 75
Guardian
Threads: 386
Posted: 7/6/2017 at 8:45 PM Post #37
For example, while Section One will initially be for Levels 61-65, once Section Two has unlocked and a player has progressed to that point, Section One will scale up and will also now be for Levels 66-70.

I actually think that's what the area I highlighted in red means, or at least that's how I read it after asking myself the same question and redisecting that line. OwO (I think. Lol. )

Never mind, I just reread what you wrote. I'm tired and you bring up a good question. TwT
Edited By Imperium on 7/6/2017 at 8:47 PM.
Banzai
Level 75
High Warlord
Threads: 32
Posted: 7/6/2017 at 10:03 PM Post #38
Nice! I read the whole thing and listened to the music! It sounds a lot better than the previous songs in the first two exploring places! ^w^

But will the victory music be the same? I liked the victory song so much! :D
Edited By Banzai on 7/6/2017 at 10:04 PM.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 7/6/2017 at 10:25 PM Post #39
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=48775&page=4#33
Author: Lostlupo
Time Posted: 7/6/2017 at 12:59 PM
This is amazing! I'm still scared that my inexperience will cause me to miss out, but knowing this community, we'll all be helping each other to get as much out of it as possible. What I'm really excited to hear about is not feeling bad for catching MZ pets that just look pretty- since MZ pets are rarer.

What I really love is the new music! That grove night piece is beautiful. I might leave Sylestia up just to listen to that at night honestly.

I am worried about the economy though. As it stands, it sounds like this is just going to cost a LOT of gold, and no one will really be selling anything because everything is new. Will there be new ways to make money in the MZ that will keep up with the prices?

Also- when we all eventually do get to the end of the MZ, is that the end of the story line? I actually love the story(I don't trust the king...) and can't wait to continue it, but another cliff hanger would be killer.

Yes, the MZ will drain a lot of gold.

We will have to add in a feature or something through the MZ to earn gold, but atm, there really isn't much outside of the basics.

I'm okay without much of a gold earning capability for when the MZ first launches to try and drain a lot of gold out of the game as players compete/race through everything and spend their hoards of gold to get an advantage.

But shortly after, Sylestia will definitely need something to earn decent gold other than random battles and missions. So it's definitely something we will figure out.

And the MZ actually is not part of the main storyline. It's an alternate realm with its own everything. Once Sylestia relaunches, it will be like the MZ never existed.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 7/6/2017 at 10:36 PM Post #40
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=48775&page=4#36
Author: Xavion
Time Posted: 7/6/2017 at 8:23 PM
[quote=896809]

So how does effect the leveling of new pets?

If a player was to get through all of the progression, it sounds like they'll have nowhere to go for levels 60-74.They would either have to hope that their level 60 pets can handle level 75 and probably die a lot, or grind at the level 55-60 zone for an unknown (probably awful) amount of time to bridge the level gap with low exp gains until they can handle level 75. Even now, going back to the old zones is essential for leveling new pets when someone wants a new team, and the idea of having nowhere to go for 14 levels worth sounds pretty unpleasant.

Wouldn't it be more logical to have the zones scale to party level between 60-74 instead of cap out at the 75 max by default??

Posting this same question a second time with a ping since the last one went unanswered .-.

I'm sorry that I missed your original question, I'm not sure where you had asked earlier.

It's a good question. To be honest, I don't really have an answer at this time.

The problem is scaling to party instead of progress is that everything scales - Named included. It would create more of a headache for me trying to balance things around that.

Part of the reason I can't answer this question though is that I haven't reached this point in my testing. I am sure once I've reached this point I can see what it's like to use low Level 60 pets (because you can at least gain a few levels in Astryl's Tranquility before heading into the MZ) against the Level 75 enemies.

One thing to note though, is that all of the MZ equipment only requires Level 60. So this means that once you start collecting amazing Equipment, you can give it to your Level 60 pets as they go to level up.

Also, another, most likely the most viable, option would be to just keep one Level 75 Tank/Support pet in your party with two other pets that you're leveling up.

Lastly, even at Level 75, each Section will have varying degrees of difficulty. Section One will always be the easiest and most eligible for mass grinding. Section Two will be a bit harder. And Section Three will be the hardest. So if your low level pets can't handle Section Three or even Section Two, they probably can at least manage Section One until they advance enough to start grinding in Section Two, etc.

But, like I said, I've not been able to test any of this yet. Once I can test these scenarios, I can figure out if it works fine or if something needs to be changed/added. But atm, I'd rather do alternative things than have the zone scale to your active party. That'd just create a lot various issues for me for multiple reasons.
Edited By Krinadon on 7/6/2017 at 10:37 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5... 15, 16, 17
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.