Forum Index > Suggestion Box > rainbow traits
Page 2 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Amarok
Level 75
Fancy Pants
Threads: 105
Posted: 7/5/2017 at 7:52 PM Post #11
No. I am not talking about that. I am talking about collecting for collecting s sake: as a part of the exploration feature. Zelly collects themed lunes with ladybug wings. Savynn collects themed lunes with garlands. There are other examples across different species.

I collect themed AND unthemed nixies with rainbow traits. The way I go about it is very specific. It is througgh the explore and any pet crafting function. It is not through the expenditure of currency or the applying of the trait into the pet. I like the randomness of it. That's how it's always been. Yes. Still being able to collect non-themed with rainbow traits is good, but removing the random option entirely on themed is abhorrent
Mikazukichan
Level 75
The Artistic
Threads: 313
Posted: 7/5/2017 at 10:58 PM Post #12
I have to say, while I understand that there are people that don't enjoy rainbow traits on themed, there are already ways to 'rid' yourself of the unwanted traits. You can trade with others for a trait you do want, or you can disrupt to get rid of the trait. Yes, disruptors are expensive, but finding someone to trade with generally isn't. I would be very sad to have more traits relegated to 'restricted' status, especially just because they aren't enjoyed by some. I can't stand any of the skeletal traits, and I know there are several people other than myself that don't enjoy them, but that's my own particular feeling about those traits and those that do enjoy them shouldn't be penalized for my opinion. Yes, it might not seem like much to make a mutator of some kind for 1,000 scales or something, but that's 1,000 nurtures to get a trait that used to be readily available, should I want it on that theme. Also, for those like Amarok that collects rainbow traits on captured pets, it takes away from their gameplay.

Anyway, all that to say that I don't support this. Sorry ^.^;
Amarok
Level 75
Fancy Pants
Threads: 105
Posted: 7/6/2017 at 4:03 AM Post #13
exactly!

That was my other argument that I had forgotten. If this change was implemented on my exclusive nixies, Would I then have to spend currency to re-get something that I already had? Even if it was AP, (which we all have too much of) that seems unfair from my perspective.

But yeah. I generally dislike lucky runes. It too is a trait that tends to disrupt themes because it is so bright, shiny and it covers the entire pet (in my opinion). But I'd much rather end up with a lucky runes exclusive, instead of never being able to get it on a themed without spending currency. That is just wrong.
Faeyla
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 36
Posted: 7/6/2017 at 9:27 AM Post #14
As much as I dislike rainbow traits (especially on themed), I can't support banning them from themed due to many of the issues pointed out by others. I'm sure there are many traits that I love that others can't stand.

What I would support would be an anti-rainbow disruptor, that you could use on themed (including exclusive) pets that cost significantly less than a full disruptor (possibly cost AP) and would swap any rainbow trait for a random non rainbow trait. This way people who like rainbow traits can still get them normally and those who hate them can get rid of them a lot easier.
Zelly
Level 65
The Hallowed
Threads: 55
Posted: 7/6/2017 at 10:06 PM Post #15
Ironically enough, Ama, Krin kind of plans to do just that, with custom mutations which were added to the game. (No longer appearing as wilds, no themed), so I guess it isn't all that far-fetched..

Many of the custom mutations have questionable reputations with site-goers, such as the Lighira ball and chain being probably the most universally frowned upon. Others, however, such as the Aurleon helmet, which redeemed itself via revamp, and Lupora scars, Ryori galaxy, tend to be viewed favorably. Last I heard he was considering letting us vote on it at some point.

I feel like reversing this suggestion about Rainbows might actually make it have more traction though. Think of it this way: A Despectrumizer Disruptor. This item would sit in the scale shop (or be available for AP), and work like a selective disruptor. Only it can only disrupt a trait flagged as Rainbow. Far more affordable than a standard Disruptor, with a far more narrow focus of use, the Despectrumizer can only function on a pet with a rainbow trait, and only put something else in that *slot*. No slot changes, just shoves a different not rainbow into that spot. Can only be used on Themed, just like ordinary Disruptors.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 7/10/2017 at 12:34 PM Post #16
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=48758&page=2#15
Author: Zelly
Time Posted: 7/6/2017 at 10:06 PM
Ironically enough, Ama, Krin kind of plans to do just that, with custom mutations which were added to the game. (No longer appearing as wilds, no themed), so I guess it isn't all that far-fetched..

Many of the custom mutations have questionable reputations with site-goers, such as the Lighira ball and chain being probably the most universally frowned upon. Others, however, such as the Aurleon helmet, which redeemed itself via revamp, and Lupora scars, Ryori galaxy, tend to be viewed favorably. Last I heard he was considering letting us vote on it at some point.

I feel like reversing this suggestion about Rainbows might actually make it have more traction though. Think of it this way: A Despectrumizer Disruptor. This item would sit in the scale shop (or be available for AP), and work like a selective disruptor. Only it can only disrupt a trait flagged as Rainbow. Far more affordable than a standard Disruptor, with a far more narrow focus of use, the Despectrumizer can only function on a pet with a rainbow trait, and only put something else in that *slot*. No slot changes, just shoves a different not rainbow into that spot. Can only be used on Themed, just like ordinary Disruptors.

Just to clarify. That was just a thought. =P There is no 100% plan to do or not to do that.

As for this suggestion, I don't think this is something we would add. Essentially, you guys are wanting us to ban a specific Trait that, in your opinion, you don't like on Themed Pets. Well, what about all of the other Traits that I'm sure certain players don't like? It would be in their interest to ban them too. You could probably add any type of Rune, for example. And therein lies the fundamental problem with this. Where does it end? The answer is, it doesn't. =P

This "issue" is on our shoulders to do a better job and release more desireable Traits. But, with a decent sized playerbase, we will never release a Trait that 100% of all players desire.

Fortunately, we already have things in game to allow for players to collect the things they want to collect, change the things they want to change, or trade the things they don't want for something they do want. And this would include Themed Pets with Traits you may not like.

So my suggestion to this is that if you get a Themed Pet that you don't like the Traits on, either use a Trait Disruptor and change them or sell/trade it to someone who does like the Traits for something that you want in return.
Edited By Krinadon on 7/10/2017 at 12:35 PM.
Zelly
Level 65
The Hallowed
Posted: 7/10/2017 at 12:55 PM Post #17
@Krin - I know it wasn't set in stone or anything, but I did think it interesting given the arguements on both sides at hand since it came up for customs not too far back. I thought it was a good example for traits that are pretty highly unliked and how difficult it can be to figure out what to do about them.

While your point of Disruptors is a good one, if you know you cannot 100% please the userbase, it is also an insanely expensive suggestion as the sole alternative. (Yes you also said trading, but I don't consider that an alternative at all if a trait is highly unliked because you can be hard pressed to find someone who will take some of these things off your hands. Perfect example being the Ryori body armor that can 100% cover a gene, turning an X vis into a 1 lesser vis. In these cases, finding someone to trade with can be 100% improbable. Why would they want to take what is essentially a devalued pet where you can't see a visable on it for something that isn't devalued that they already own?)

(Quick examples from my Ladybug collection, these are 2 vis, look 1 vis due to no genes on wing type):

If disruptors were more readily available for purchase, or at least, gainable more often, you'd be doing a lot to solve this problem. I don't really feel it super fair for the situation mentioned above (3/2 vis looks like a 2/1 vis), to be fully on the person who hatched it to highly expensively fix since it is the sites fault such a combo can happen, not the persons, you see.

Do you not agree it a tad bit unfair for them to have to pick up such a bill here? Keep in mind that disruptor may cost more or very similar cost to simply outright buying another of the pet that isn't 'de-valued'. If the pet should happen to be a zone themed that is not a Nephini, you might be able to buy 10-30 of them or so for the cost of one disruptor. A garden/fishing/etc style pet? Several for the cost of one disruptor. The disruptor is also a gamble. The outright buying you see what you can get. Not much of an alternative fix, if it costs akin to just buying another pet and throwing this one away, no?

I'll give you an example: I have a Mojo pet I don't much like. I could Disrupt that pet by buying a 700k Disruptor off the broker. I could instead buy two of this Mojo pet for 250k, and still have gold left towards buying a third for 250k. I don't feel that is a great solution for that pet to say 'Well just disrupt it if you don't like it' because the cost isn't very senseable in that scenerio.

Let us run that scenerio again with one of my Garden pets that didn't come out so good.. hmm. I can buy five of them now, for the cost of one Disruptor, and have 30k left over. Hmm.. not really looking like a very good solution here!

"You could probably add any type of Rune, for example. And therein lies the fundamental problem with this. Where does it end? The answer is, it doesn't. =P

This "issue" is on our shoulders to do a better job and release more desireable Traits."

^ You're not wrong there, lol. That wouldn't happen to mean you plan to release more desireable traits that are not glowing runes in that "rune" slot for species, would it? ;P I'm pretty far from the only person around here groaning about it. ;D
Edited By Zelly on 7/10/2017 at 1:33 PM.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 7/10/2017 at 1:39 PM Post #18
I mean, I understand. But as I said, this is true for just about every single player who likes to collect Themed Pets. I mean, so at this point, you could have Rainbow, Iridescence, Runes, Ryori Mutations, Ladybug Wings, etc, etc. to the list lol.

To stay on topic with the suggestion, that's why we won't be adding something like what was suggested.

That doesn't mean we won't try other things or rework things, etc. But that would be a different topic. =P
Zelly
Level 65
The Hallowed
Posted: 7/10/2017 at 1:55 PM Post #19
I'm not sure if you quite.. read that right.. You seem to think I dislike Ladybug wings from your response. I.. collect.. ladybug wings.. so it makes me a tad suspicious when you reply like that, yanno. I'd prefer to make sure my feedback is understood.

I would maintain I don't think i'm off topic about Disruptors, given the sheer cost of them and lack of availability vs pets in existence people would like to fix, is what causes posts like this to pop up in the first place. If Disruptors were more readily available, rainbow wouldn't be bumming people out nearly as much, because if they don't like it, they could fix it. As is, it isn't cost effective to fix it most of the time, so you get people seeking more cost effective alternatives. I can make a new thread about this, if you'd rather?
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 7/10/2017 at 2:25 PM Post #20
Right. But you were using it as an example of pets that "lose" a Trait because a Gene doesn't display or is covered up. So that's why I added it to the arbitrary list. I am sure someone out there dislikes Ladybug Wings because they can't see wing Genes lol - or just in general.

Which, back to the point of this thread, is why we aren't going to enable the banning of selected Traits from happening on Themed Pets. It literally is an impossible task and I don't think it's in the best interest of the game nor a solution that would receive positive feedback. The feedback for something like that would be very, very polarized and net neutral. We'd have some people relieved and others furious. That isn't a good solution. =P

Contrary, your issue is that it's too hard/expensive to get exactly what you want. So, yea, it'd probably be best to make a new thread with whatever suggestion(s) you have for that topic.
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.