Forum Index > Suggestion Box > rainbow traits
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
AliceHearts
Level 75
Sylestiologist
Threads: 248
Posted: 7/5/2017 at 4:10 PM Post #1
There are basically 2 kind of people here- those who like rainbow traits and those how don't. :P (Yes we all know with one I'm part of.)

While I and a lot of other players find that rainbow traits are a real nightmare on themed pets, there are a few people how do like it. So I got an idea.

We 'ban' rainbow traits from themed pets- meaning a themed pet on the zone or exclusive can not have rainbow traits.
(Some people may start getting really angry right now, but please I'm not done yet).

Because there are a few people that do want rainbow on their themed pets ,we make a special philter. Or actually two. One will be a mutator that can only give rainbow traits (like the luck/ love mutator). This can be used on both themed and non-themed pets. And the second, make a disrupter which replaces 1 trait (either carry or vis) with a rainbow trait. A little like the restricted trait disrupters only this one will work with carries as well.

These mutators / disrupters should be available in the scale shop (or you should be able to buy them with AP). This way everyone will be able to get them easily. So that they don't feel punished for liking rainbow traits on themed. ^^

And if this would be added to the game people who like rainbow traits can make trait designs for rainbow traits as much as they like without the rest of the community getting upset with the chance of their themed pets looking like 'color vomit'.

thank you Lostlupo for making it readable^^
Edited By AliceHearts on 7/5/2017 at 6:33 PM.
Lanfear
Level 75
Spooky Shopper
Threads: 329
Posted: 7/5/2017 at 4:20 PM Post #2
I like this a lot....and since AP is easily obtained, it gives people the choice, and aren't forced to either buy disruptors when they earn the pets, and 2, be able to actually put them on the pets of their choice...

I like this idea!
Theafy
Level 75
Snow Wars Champion
Threads: 58
Posted: 7/5/2017 at 4:34 PM Post #3
As a person who dislikes rainbow traits on most themes I agree with this. Using AP/scales would be a great idea for as a method of obtaining them :D

But what will happen to the "trait points" for the theme which originally had a rainbow trait? Will they get a random trait in replace? Or will they get a regeneration?
AliceHearts
Level 75
Sylestiologist
Posted: 7/5/2017 at 4:49 PM Post #4
i would hope regeneration, althow i would see it happen that if this becomes a thing it will start at a surten festival. just like in the past we had themed pets that only had a carry/ 1tp and now they have 2tp as minimum.
Lostlupo
Level 60
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 22
Posted: 7/5/2017 at 6:09 PM Post #5
This seems very... controversial. I myself honestly approve, but ONLY if the way to get rainbow traits is supremely easy. I love rainbow traits, especially on themes that are supposed to be bright- or when it contrasts(like Monarch Nixis). But I can see where you all are coming from- themes are special for their colors, and rainbow doesn't fit a color scheme all the time. Buying something from scale shop for maybe 1,500 or AP 20,000 would be reasonable and easily obtainable, and should allow regen of the rainbow slot.

But to dispel the controversy- this is not 'banning'. Banning was improper use, and puts the trait in a negative light. This is all opinion based, and when you offer a suggestion like this, try to be less harsh and see both sides without attacking. This is merely keeping a theme a theme- keeping colors in check in a way. This isn't 'ruining' a theme or rainbow traits, it's allowing players to not waste money and time.

Also Alice, if you like, I could correct your whole post via PM so it's easier to read and understand?
AliceHearts
Level 75
Sylestiologist
Posted: 7/5/2017 at 6:15 PM Post #6
if you want to corect everything go ahead :P it's your time you spent on it, i only have to copie past it in that case^^
SpaceElf1
Level 75
Ghost Writer
Threads: 669
Posted: 7/5/2017 at 6:17 PM Post #7
This is an interesting idea. I do not know yet whether I like this idea or not, but it is worth thinking about.

Would Iridescent Scales on Qitaries count as a Rainbow trait?

(Side note: I remember I really liked Iridescent Scales on Qitaries until I discovered their colors are always exactly the same. It would be much cooler if the Iridescent Scales took their colors from each Qitari's G2 color[s].)
AliceHearts
Level 75
Sylestiologist
Posted: 7/5/2017 at 6:24 PM Post #8
as Iridescent Scales is now i would put it with rainbow traits (i find it pastel rainbowis). and i agrea totaly on it being a lot nices if the colors of the Qit would be used insted of always being the same colors. (if that would chance i would not put it with rainbowt traits anymore)
Amarok
Level 75
The Hallowed
Threads: 104
Posted: 7/5/2017 at 6:40 PM Post #9
I cannot agree with this idea at all. -_-'

It takes the game in a direction that allows the removal of content simply because x amount of people demand it.

It's no different from requesting that themed pets be banned from being dyed. These kinds of suggestions in general impose restrictions on the game, it imposes on potential: how people might potentially play the game, in favor of a majority view. What you are suggesting is democratic, but democracy is not always the best solution, especially when it comes to something subjective like art.

I had more arguments against this idea but I couldn't remember what they were -_-'

As a little aside:

I happen to collect wild and exclusive caught/earned rainbow zolnixi. Ones that I have caught, trapped, or obtained through my own means. I have a nice collection of nixies: both themed and non themed. Removing the feature entirely and having it as a purchase instead, is ridiculously horrifying, because it would entirely nullify this thing that I do. --_--''

I know I am probably the only person that does this, and you can say "well, you'd learn to get over it.", and this probably doesn't even matter, but imagine how someone like Zelly would feel if Ladybug wings was removed from themed? Or if Garland was removed from themed? (Sorry can't think of any other examples that people specifically collect through exploration etc). For me, implementing this would remove an aspect of the game that I enjoy. Which is, being able to collect pets that I earn. Just getting any nixi, and then buying rainbow traits will diminish that experience.
Lostlupo
Level 60
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 22
Posted: 7/5/2017 at 6:52 PM Post #10
Ama- Alice isn't suggested it be removed completely, just from themed. Figured I'd correct you on that.

And while I love rainbow traits, you cannot compare rainbow traits to any other trait. Rainbow traits don't follow a color code, while the others do. It's why they're so loved/hated. So comparing rainbow to something like ladybug wings doesn't compute.
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.