Forum Index > News and Announcements > Patriotic Event Diamond Sale
Page 2 1, 2, 3 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Fiolei
Level 75
Fancy Pants
Threads: 71
Posted: 6/29/2017 at 9:52 PM Post #11
Hey these look great Krin! Awesome job! I'm so excited about the coming mini event. Woohoo!!!

Ok, now that I got that out of my system, I want to say something. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I have one as well. I live in America. And yes, this is a patriotic event and there is a lot of red, white, and blue but honestly that's ok. There are a LOT of countries with red, white, and blue in their flags. Austrailia, Cambodia, France, just to name a very few. (a list of the flags can be found here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_White_and_Blue) Now why would so any countries use the same colors in their flags? According to this website http://www.kids-world-travel-guide.com/flag-colors.html the colors used in flags may represent not only national symbols but also the virtues of a country. Red stands for love and emotion and is the color of life, blood, and passion. White symbolizes peace and innocence and is also the color of purity, light and perfection. Blue stands for tranquility and calmness. It is also associated with water or sky and trust and loyalty as well as with wisdom and harmony. These are all wonderful qualities and things that I see in each and every person in this community. I do not see this Patriotic Event as just being for the American holiday of Independence Day, just because it is during this time of year. Also please understand me that I hold nothing against Canada. Some of my dearest friends are Canadian, and in fact I have a little brother (by choice, being that we share no blood but consider each other family) that is Canadian. I hope that all Canadians have a great Canada Day, just as I would hope that they would all hope that we Americans have a great Independence Day. The point of this festival is not to just celebrate for one country but to be proud of all of our countries. I do not see the pets as being specifically USA pets or themes but as being representing many countries. Do I think it would be cool to see Canadian themed pets? Sure, but let's consider this, if we do a Canadian themed, well now we need to do one for Mexico. At that point they would have to come up with a themed pet for every country in the world. And not just one but one for each species so that every one could have the country themed pet of their favorite species of their country. Oh I think it would be fantastic, but the work that would have to go into that for a mini-fest is crazy. Maybe that's something that could be done some time for a bundle say for the black Friday event or something giving out themes of countries. These are just ideas, but I digress and get off topic.

Yes it is amazing to be celebrating the 150th year for Canada. I am happy for you all, as I said earlier, and as I said just a moment ago, and as did Somneli, there are so many other countries that this color scheme can represent.

I don't think that there was a slight meant in any of this and no reason to get upset about it. If you don't like a particular set and you get it, you can trade it for one you like or sell it to someone that wants it. No one is saying you have to have it. This is supposed to be something that is enjoyed by all. Not just Americans, and not just Canadians.

Ok I've said my peace. I don't want to argue and I don't want to make any enemies. Just stating my opinion. I just want everyone to have a great fest and have fun with Sylestia.
Kyokai
Level 60
The Majestic
Threads: 53
Posted: 6/29/2017 at 10:42 PM Post #12
Well said, Fiolei!

Of course I knew that plenty of countries had the same colors in their flag, but I did not know about the meaning behind the colors! Actually, I never even thought about it. Makes me curious about other countries' colors. I'll have to look them up sometime.

The bundle looks pretty hefty and awesome (3 themed pets, and one is 3 vis?!). And I'm digging the avatar items. Again, never been here for the 4th so I'm excited to have some new babies~!

*thumbs up* Kyo's seal of approval!

Edit: Wait. WAIT. No. NO! The bundle has 8 pets!?!?! 3 are fabled, and one super special fabled is 3 vis?! You guys be crazy~!!! Eight, you guys!
Edited By Kyokai on 6/29/2017 at 10:45 PM.
Kalores
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 109
Posted: 6/29/2017 at 11:23 PM Post #13
Ooooo, I was really hoping for Fireworks themed pets, and I was not disappointed! *eyes bundle* I just might have to pick that up! I'll wait to see what the new themes look like. Also, I am curious as to how we will obtain these pets. Obviously, there is the diamond shop, but I wonder if the named running around in Astryl's Vale might drop them? Either way, I can't wait to dive in! :D
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 6/29/2017 at 11:57 PM Post #14
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=48535&page=2#13
Author: Kalores
Time Posted: 6/29/2017 at 11:23 PM
Ooooo, I was really hoping for Fireworks themed pets, and I was not disappointed! *eyes bundle* I just might have to pick that up! I'll wait to see what the new themes look like. Also, I am curious as to how we will obtain these pets. Obviously, there is the diamond shop, but I wonder if the named running around in Astryl's Vale might drop them? Either way, I can't wait to dive in! :D

The named will, yes.

The overview has been updated with a bit more info pertaining to most things with the event.

As for the comments on colors... it is not possible for us to accommodate for every country, but that most definitley doesn't mean that we don't care. Personally, Fai and I are American so we are most familiar with American holidays and their occurrence throughout the calendar year. Additionally, most of our playerbase is from the USA, so we do cater to that base for the few things where that comes into play, such as times based around CST or the Patriotic Event occurring through July 4th.

However, we know a lot of you are not from the USA. We appreciate each and every player equally no matter their nationality, but resources are limited so we have to decide on content that will have the most appeal. We do try our best to release content that can hopefully appeal to everyone. For example, the new themed pets are based on fireworks and the Avatar set is based on like a goblin pyromaniac (you know, because fantasy + fireworks).

There is a re-colorable set available though so any player can collect that set and choose whatever colors that they want to display.

Sylestia's Patriotic Event is a time where all Sylestians demonstrate pride for their kingdom. No matter where you are from or where you live, I hope you too can celebrate and enjoy the festivities with your own vision in mind. =)
Edited By Krinadon on 6/29/2017 at 11:59 PM.
Falkinsey
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 20
Posted: 6/30/2017 at 1:54 AM Post #15
The bundle looks great, except it contains patriotic pets, which I already have :) This is not too bad, though, in a bundle like this.

However, I am intrigued to know how we get the other firework pets. It bothers me a little that they may just be in the themed baskets, with a 50/50 chance of a patriotic pet. I hope we can either get them in the zone somehow or buy separate baskets.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 6/30/2017 at 2:15 AM Post #16
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=48535&page=2#15
Author: Falkinsey
Time Posted: 6/30/2017 at 1:54 AM
The bundle looks great, except it contains patriotic pets, which I already have :) This is not too bad, though, in a bundle like this.

However, I am intrigued to know how we get the other firework pets. It bothers me a little that they may just be in the themed baskets, with a 50/50 chance of a patriotic pet. I hope we can either get them in the zone somehow or buy separate baskets.

The named will only drop Blazing Fireworks Themed Pets.

And the ratio of Patriotic to Blazing Fireworks is less than 50/50.

As an example, I only received 1 Patriotic from opening my bundle, which should be about the average.
Ravinforhan
Level 70
The Jolly
Threads: 472
Posted: 6/30/2017 at 3:08 AM Post #17
the egg used in this form is it the design used for the pet found in the mega zone I think its pretty
Wonderfulwander
Level 75
The Dreamer
Threads: 110
Posted: 6/30/2017 at 4:40 AM Post #18
So just to clarify, the patriotic event bundle contains a 3 vis fabled fireworks pet, two 2 vis fabled fireworks pets, and 5 non fabled pets that may be fireworks or patriotic themed. Is that right?
Zaynah
Level 75
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 49
Posted: 6/30/2017 at 5:51 AM Post #19
Oh wow, the Blazing Fireworks themed pets! Gorgeous!
Victorta
Level 68
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 2
Posted: 6/30/2017 at 6:38 AM Post #20
Hey everyone I can't wait This will be my first Patriotic festival so wish me luck
Oh and i have a question will I be able to catch each of those Blazing Fireworks Themed Pets because I am really trying to work on getting lig,
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.