Forum Index > Dungeon and Zone Discussion > Dungeon of the Forsaken Help
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Reynaleera
Level 64
Frosty Hands
Threads: 88
Posted: 6/22/2017 at 1:53 AM Post #1
Ok, I've made it to the boss easy enough...but I have been working on this darn boss for 2 weeks now!
I get her down to 57% and next I know my party has been defeated. I don't know what I am doing wrong, I have changed pets, changed armor and such and still the same results.
Here is the pets i last used:

I have also used the first two pets with either:

<She had armor on, but I removed it all and placed on another pet. But then I did some researching and found out because she is attuned to fire, one of her abilities will hit more than one enemy, so I stopped using her.

Each of the last three pets were used with the first two that I listed.

Or if maybe someone has pets that have already beaten this dungeon and are selling them or giving them away...please help I've no clue how to beat this dungeon and it's really frustrating me. In all of the games I have ever played (MMORPGS, MMOs etc...) never have i ever seen a dungeon this difficult, at least not the second lowest dungeon on the game. Yes they were too hard to go on and solo it, but we at least had the ability to party up with another player and defeat the dungeon together. Since this game doesn't have that ability, I don't think this dungeon should be that difficult.
Normally, when it comes to battling in any game I play, I'm am determined to get past something. I will try it numerous times alone before asking for help. And i have tried this one numerous times and just can't seem to get through it.

So, if anyone can help either with telling me how, or the pets....it would be greatly appreciated.
Edited By Reynaleera on 6/22/2017 at 2:06 AM.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 6/22/2017 at 9:49 AM Post #2
This thread has been moved to: Dungeon and Zone Discussion.
Elleshie
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 46
Posted: 6/22/2017 at 10:10 AM Post #3
I'm not the best at strategy and such, so I usually go for overkill. My current team consists of three Ny'Venes with maxed out stats and mythical equipment. Usually they can beat Vierna without using a single potion.

Here they are in case you want to take a look: Aran, Arine and Ardelia.

I know max stat Sylesties can get quite expensive, whether you buy them or breed them yourself, but you can easily find cheap pets with higher base stats than your Morkkos. Try searching for fabled Sylesties, since they tend to have higher stats.

Mythical level 50 equipment is expensive too, but you can sometimes get it as a drop from the bosses that come before Vierna in the dungeon, so if you are able to defeat those you can try to get it on your own.

Also, I tend to put all the proficiency points of a pet on just one stat. I don't know if this is right or wrong, but it works for me. So, for example, my tank Aran has all 3 proficiency points in health and equipment that has higher strength and agility. My magical attacker Arine has all 3 points in intelligence and equipment with higher intelligence and dexterity. My physical attacker Ardelia has all 3 points in strength and equipment with higher strength and dexterity.

I'd really recommend having a magical attacker attuned to light, because their attacks have a chance of restoring some health to the party.

I can't think of anything else right now, but hopefully somebody else can give you better advice.
Wonderfulwander
Level 75
The Dreamer
Threads: 110
Posted: 6/22/2017 at 10:16 AM Post #4
First off, I looked at your pets, and I think you should reequip some of them.

A pet can only use either physical or magical damage, based on the proficiency tree you assigned them to. Air, Earth, and Water causes physical damage, while Fire, Light, and Shadow causes magical damage. So Your equipment should match the type of tree you chose.

For Aloysius, Amethyst Dreams, Snowbelle, and Tantric, you used equipment that gives boost to the wrong stat, or are not optimal for battle usage. For physical damage trees, you should use equipment that give more physical damage boost and strength; whereas for magical damage trees, you should use equipment that give more magical damage boost and intelligence. Don't use equipment that splits points equally between all stats/between both damage boost.

This should make your pets more effective in battles.

Besides that, boss battles can be very challenging. Most bosses just have high health and damage dealt, but some are especially tricky, especially if you try the arena bosses.

You'll need to read the battle log, and any symbols that appear on the boss/your pets, and figure out the pattern. For arena bosses, some of the boss description also gives clues as to what to look out for.

For the forsaken dungeon boss, I'm assuming you're talking about the final boss, since that's the one most players find challenging. This particular boss does have tricks, that I will mention below in white, just in case you want to try challenging it again after changing up your party pets. And yes, the battle will still be very difficult, but it can be done even if your pets are not max stat. You just need to figure the pattern, have the right strategy, and heal at the right moments.

For the battle with Vierna, there is two parts to the battle, the first part with the minions, and the second part where she becomes The Shade.

For the first part, keep hitting the boss and avoid the minions, since each time they die, they boost her stats. From what I've read and experienced, generally most trees' 2nd attacks are better than using the finishing blow. So keep hitting the boss only as hard as you can.

For the second part, it gets tricky. The shade will suck your pets' mana and turn it into health about every 5 turns. So you need to make sure your pets' mana are as low as possible, if not 0, by then. Use the 2nd attack/finishing blow at the fifth turn, and if the shade does not use that special attack, use block or skip to keep your mana low. Then start attacking normally and keeping count to the fifth turn again.

This means that you have to be careful of when you heal your pet, especially if you use elixirs. Only use them after the shade does the special attack, then make sure your pet's mana is low again by the fifth turn.

Hope these help, and all the best with defeating the boss!
Reynaleera
Level 64
Frosty Hands
Posted: 6/22/2017 at 2:11 PM Post #5
@Krinadon sorry it wasn't in the right place. i wasn't sure.
@Elleshie Thanks to both you and Wonderfulb2uty for that help.

@Wonderfulb2uty yes Vierna is who I am having issues with. I've yet to even make it to the second part. And for some odd reason, when I attack her (which I always go for her first. i figure getting the stronger one out of the way first is always best, the weaker ones would be easy.), her minions still lose health. Then one disappears and another appears. I shall try to re-equip them...but might have to wait on that, since I am currently trying to get enough gold for my next stable tab. As for the Arena Battles...I only just made it to that town yesterday...everytime I tried it put me in the Festival area...so I waited and tried again yesterday. i seen the Arena and was curious, but decided to wait on that since it was late last night.

I understand the dungeons need to be difficult, just never had seen a game where an early dungeon is this difficult. As I said I'm used to MMOs/MMORPGs and I had never seen a dungeon this difficult until I was in my level 90's nearing 100. Then again, the character I played was one who could solo/tank her own bosses, due to having one pet. But, she was sort of a secondary tank/soloer since she could also heal herself. Had i not played that particular character, there is only one other that could tank everything up to ten level over the current level. Even with the one I played, it took me until level 60 to be able to solo a dungeon ten levels over the level 60...and even then it was difficult. Up until level 60, we were able to pull other player into a party and tackle the dungeons that way.

But, anyhow...sorry I'm rambling. I'll try the re-equipping see where that gets me.
Wonderfulwander
Level 75
The Dreamer
Posted: 6/22/2017 at 7:44 PM Post #6
Regarding why you kept being directed to the festival zone previously, is because of how the 3rd region work. The 3rd region format is different from the first two. To go to a different zone, you need to click exit zone from the current zone explore page that you're in, then you can enter another zone.

The festival zone counts as a zone under the 3rd region, so if you entered it, you'll need to exit it in order to access any other zone in the 3rd region.

For the first part of the battle, vierna does suck her minion's health to make herself stronger, so they do die even without you attacking.

And the reason why the dungeon is so hard, is because the level has been raised from level 50 to 60. This is to make it more challenging, one, for the players to be challenged and train up better battle teams before the magazone is released (as the bosses there are supposed to be way more difficult, in terms of battling and strategy), and two, extra rewards have been added, that can only be obtained by defeating all bosses, so to keep those rare, the dungeon was made harder. These rewards include special mythical relics that gives special effects to the pet/party, on top of increasing their stats, as well as a rare themed ny'vene.

And we only have 2 dungeons. With level 60 being the cap until the megazone is released. So this dungeon is supposed to be the hardest thing to clear at the moment.
Reynaleera
Level 64
Frosty Hands
Posted: 6/22/2017 at 8:02 PM Post #7
Ahh I see. I do understand the bosses themselves being harder...just didn't understand why it was so hard. Actually, I didn't even know there were only 2 dungeons...I thought there were more and that I just wasn't high enough level to see them yet. I've yet to fully read the extras...I mean I know the rules...it's the same nearly everywhere. But there is so many extras that need to be read too. Just yesterday i had to search about wild caught pets...how many traits they could have for common, uncommon, rare etc...I had been wondering it...and finally broke down and searched the answers out.

The festival zone thing was a bit confusing. Every time I was taken there i just explored, got eggs then went back to the previous city and did more quests because i thought that I was missing something since I wasn't able to get there.
Wonderfulwander
Level 75
The Dreamer
Posted: 6/22/2017 at 10:34 PM Post #8
Yeah, I understand the site can get a little confusing. Especially since new stuff are being added while some old stuff are being revamped. The admin's coding skills have also improved over the years, so to reach some of his goals, he codes things entirely differently from previous times that enable more to be done and changed henceforth. But because of that, not all features work the same way...

Supposedly once the site gets relaunched properly, the gameplay should be smooth. Which is why the admin is creating the megazone, and making it especially challenging, so players have something to work on, while he recodes the site for the relaunch.

But until then, we just have to get used to how the different features work. If you have any questions, just ask in the faq section, or you can pm me. =)
Reynaleera
Level 64
Frosty Hands
Posted: 6/23/2017 at 12:36 AM Post #9
When did they first launch this game? Don't get me wrong I love it. The artwork is absolutely beautiful. What is a bit frustrating is the fact it takes like forever (well not really but seems like it) to earn enough gold just to open tabs, get more mission space etc...I finally got my 4th tab open and still don't have near enough space, since I have many pets coming out of hatchery very soon. Plus you got to feed pets and put armor on those your using to battle and for your missions.
Any ideas when thing will start changing for this megazone?
Wonderfulwander
Level 75
The Dreamer
Posted: 6/23/2017 at 3:36 AM Post #10
The game was created about Dec 2012 I think. Not sure when exactly the megazone will be launched. The last I heard, it'll be after the summer festival. This was the last official announcement for it, https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=38332

and yes, gold can be hard to accumulate at the start. Considering you've been playing a month, you're actually doing pretty well. The easiest way to earn gold is doing the high level missions, and selling any items you don't need.
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.