Players 2,407 367
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,242,961 1,762
Generated 656,182 12
Captured 1,190,474 65
Bred 6,396,210 1,685
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2017 Spring Festival - Edible Flowers
Page 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
GoldGryphon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Threads: 74
Posted: 6/17/2017 at 1:26 PM Post #41
Many thanks for all the fun forum games you run! I love this one! :)

Gathering supplies!

Melted salted caramel molding candy for the pot.... needless to say, my pot was a disaster! I ended up only using "shards" of my pot.

Working on the flower! The highlights are done with food markers! I didn't know they had such a thing! :)
I am using homemade marshmallow fondant (left over from the edible egg contest last month!)

Getting the components ready!

And I am done!

Last year, my Griffi, Rogue, knocked my pretty blue flower out of my hand! This year I was really hoping he would be a bit better! I wanted to surprise him with a pretty Korean Fire Camellia Griffi flower! I went and found the seed, planted, fertilized, enriched and lovingly nurtured my flower till it was ready to harvest! I brought the pretty flower home, and Rogue bound thru the door and knocked it out of my hand.... again! Luckily, the egg was tough and ready to harvest! I quickly grabbed it and put it in my hatchery! Whew!

Edited By GoldGryphon on 6/17/2017 at 1:49 PM.
Castiele
Level 75
Cutely Creative
Threads: 217
Posted: 6/17/2017 at 4:27 PM Post #42

First I gathered my supplies (I actually baked the pumpkin muffins too, but I forgot to take a picture of that step

Next I worked on cutting my muffins into a pot shape

I coated my pot with chocolate to make it smooth and even, then added a rim. I crushed up some chocolate animal crackers to use as dirt

I worked on making my flower and other decorations out of chocolate (which kept melting from the heat!)

I got everything put together and set up

Here's my final, half melted flower.

I got a chance to readjust the petals and add a little more detail after it sat in the freezer for a bit
Edited By Castielle on 6/17/2017 at 4:44 PM.
Rikaheart
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 15
Posted: 6/17/2017 at 7:03 PM Post #43
I decided to do a Blue-Strawberry Flower! It's great as a Party thing, but since I didn't have too many to do a lot to show as a party snack, I just did one. I know Toothpicks are type to eat, but for a party, each person could use the tooth pick to get the bits out of their teeth or gum! Then again, I know some people who has the tendency to chew on a toothpick that is like eible.

1) Here are the Blue Berries, a Strawberry, Yellow and Red cutted peppers.

2) Now, I placed each berries like this onto the Strawberry to make the petals.

3) I added a Yellow sliced pepper that I usually eat as a snack as a stem, then two red ones as the leaf! Vola! A Berry Flower!

Sadly I'm currently on a Low Carb, No Sugar, No Gluten Diet for the rest of my life. So for this! I'm proud of my Berry of Flower! It looks so yummy! I may do that for the Party next time!
Edited By Rikaheart on 6/17/2017 at 7:16 PM.
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 6/17/2017 at 7:20 PM Post #44
So it's almost the end of the fest and I'm just now getting my edible flower entry done. I wasn't really sure what to do but I had a package of snickerdoodle cookies I hadn't ate yet. What's great (besides them being snickerdoodle) is that they only cost a dollar.

I started cutting the cookie with a knife into a flower shape.

It felt a bit too simple though so I took another cookie to try to figure out what to do next about maybe adding more to it.

I made the second cookie into a smaller flower shape.

I decided to cut a hole in the center of the second smaller flower so I could stick some peanuts in the center. I also ended up breaking the petals apart from each other.

I arranged the petals and stuck in the peanuts. I decided it still looked a bit too plain though so I decided to add leaves.

In the end, I decided to add a stem, too, from leftover parts that I cut away.
Edited By Savynn on 6/17/2017 at 7:21 PM.
Heilix
Level 73
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 6
Posted: 6/18/2017 at 6:36 AM Post #45
I did these with a friend. they are fully edible "house plants"

I made muffins for the soil...

And I messed up the kitchen

the next day we made chocolate mass
(the mass is hard to do alone)

Then we used the chocolate to make a flower pot.

I forgot to take pictures when we made the actual flowers. And the flowers wanted to fall

but this was what we ended up with :3
Edited By Heilix on 6/18/2017 at 11:27 AM.
Absoluteinsanity
Level 71
Gingerbread Architect
Threads: 43
Posted: 6/18/2017 at 8:30 AM Post #46
I wasn't really planning for this to happen, but I had some ice cream, toppings, and a sudden idea for a last-minute entry. :p

Freshly-scooped melty vanilla bean ice cream. Featuring also my origami paper box as a makeshift table.

Ice cream is now mixed and of thick-milkshake consistency

Caramel sauce for the "dirt"

Sprinklings of specifically-placed mnms make for a tasty, colorful, plant-topping.

The ice cream was immediately eaten after the photo-ing was done. It was delicious!
Fantasizing
Level 63
The Tender
Threads: 15
Posted: 6/18/2017 at 3:04 PM Post #47
I had a ton of marzipan lying around, so I decided to make a decorated cake :>

First, I made a small pink cake and cut flowers out of it

Then, the batter for the big cake! I did some experimenting which resulted in a very... dense cake. It still tastes great though!

Ready to decorate! With a sneak peak of buttercream icing-covered cake in the upper left coner

Marzipan cover and biggest flower are done, but I didn't notice my username got cut off the picture :I

And it's done! Username, again, not visible ^^"

The pink blossoms and orange roses are made from buttercream, the white flowers from edible paper :)

Some more pics from different angles.
Wonder where the little cake flowers went? Well, here they are:

Whoever cuts off a piece gets a surprise :D

I also made a huge chocolate cake for father's day, so I ate enough cake for the rest of the month, lol
Electrifying
Level 70
The Tender
Threads: 28
Posted: 6/18/2017 at 7:05 PM Post #48
Hot chocolate with marshmallows, because I am lazy and it is also winter over here!

Taptothebeat
Level 71
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 212
Posted: 6/18/2017 at 8:11 PM Post #49
I made this back at the end of May, but didn't spend the time to post till now.

Ingredients:
bread
egg
parmesan cheese
potato skins
pretzel stick

WIP photos:

toast! the bread is raisin bread

cut toast with a small knife...so difficult T_T

eggs!

cooked egg...this was my first time frying an egg. i tried my best! :)

I had to break the egg up to fit on the toast. my greatest masterpiece.

added parmesan cheese and potato skins for the ground to add a little flare.
the stem is a pretzel stick haha.
and the leaves are the crust of the toast. Conserving toast and all that jazz.

i tried my best~ it was quite yummy too! :)
Malas120
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 174
Posted: 6/18/2017 at 10:04 PM Post #50
I decided I wanted to mix my entree with fathers day.So I ended up making this pie more for my dad :P I forgot to add dates to some of the pictures...like usual >->
I made a banana cream pie ^^ It was suppose to be a plantain pie..but then I found out that my plantinas where to fresh so it's just banana XD

Plantains where still hard so I switched to regular bananas here :P

The finished pie,with a flower on top :D For a first timer,I was surprised the pie set very well for me XD
Edited By Malas120 on 6/18/2017 at 10:19 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.