Players 2,440 389
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,234,189 1,275
Generated 655,955 49
Captured 1,189,822 102
Bred 6,388,320 1,124
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2017 Spring Festival - Edible Flowers
Page 4 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Kyokai
Level 60
The Majestic
Threads: 53
Posted: 6/11/2017 at 3:55 PM Post #31
Okay, this should be pretty yummy fun! Sorry in advance; there's going to be a lot of progress pictures. I saw pictures for some of the carved flowers but most of it I just guessed at what to do. A lot of trial and error happening.

Got the supplies~

Attempt at a carrot flower.

Red onion flower!

What I have so far~

Napa Cabbage flower! *in progress*

Start of a Zucchini rose!

Leek flower progress~

Radish Mushrooms! Sooo much fun to do!

Hummingbird green apple progress! Used lemon juice to keep it from turning while I worked. The seeds will be his little eyes.

White Chocolate flower supplies!

Making the white chocolate flower petals!

That's a lot of petals! Really fun to make the petals, though.

Can't use toothpicks cuz they're not edible! Using spaghetti and angel hair pasta instead. Worried about the longevity and structural integrity of them due to all the water content in the veggies.

Ugh, assembling is SO difficult! I know why people use toothpicks instead of pasta: too fragile!

The End Result:

Afterword: So initially, I was going to do pulled sugar, because I've seen it on Food Network lots of times and it looks easy enough. I started watching a youtube video about how to go about it... When the video got to the part where he said: "You need to have a bowl of ice water handy because if any of the melted sugar gets on your skin, it will fuse to it and if you try to pull the sugar off, it will rip your skin off with it," I stopped watching.

So! Chocolate it was!

I attempted to do as many different techniques as I could. I used different vegetables, fruits, and the white chocolate to make a forest of edible flora and fauna. I'm really slow at all my projects so it was about 7-8 hours spread over 3 days. Having never carved vegetables and fruits (or used melted chocolate, for that matter), it took me some time. My grandmother joked that I could work on a cruise ship, but soon added that I'd probably be fired quickly for taking so long.

Also, those white chocolate flowers are so ridiculously fragile. I got nervous working with them, which made my hands hot, which made them melt instantly when I was trying to arrange them, which made me increasingly nervous and anxious. Then all the pasta to hold everything instead of toothpicks started breaking and becoming too soggy... Very time sensitive stuff.

Ingredients and where they went:
Hummingbird -- Green apple, Spaghetti for the beak, apple seed for the eyes.
Mushrooms -- Radishes!
Greenery -- Lettuce and Kale for the grounds, Leek leaves for the dark accents.
Flowers -- Napa Cabbage, Carrots, Zucchini, Leek, Red onions, White chocolate.

Extra Shots:
Close-up of Hummingbird, zucchini flower, and radish mushrooms.
Close-up of White Chocolate flowers.
Side View
Alternate View 1
Alternate View 2

Thank you for reading!

**All scraps and leftover food was donated to our groundhog family and their wildlife neighbors. Nothing went to waste.**
Edited By Kyokai on 6/18/2017 at 9:34 PM.
Boundin
Level 60
Nature Walker
Threads: 12
Posted: 6/11/2017 at 4:25 PM Post #32
Hello, and welcome to Boundin's Cooking Show!
Today we will be making Apple Pie Roses! To make these scrumptious treats we will need these ingredients:

The tube is packaged pastry dough because I'm lazy.

Here we have the honey butter made and the dough cut into strips (that were supposed to be even)

To make a rose, first spread the honey butter on, then add thin apple slices along the top edge and roll it up.

Here are the roses, ready to go in the oven!

I left them in a bit too long, so they got slightly burned :/
The prettiest of the results:

We fed the rest to some guests we had over that night. They were really good :-9
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Threads: 167
Posted: 6/11/2017 at 5:05 PM Post #33
Yay! I love the Edible Flower contest. I've actually been doing a LOT of cooking lately,
and so had a lot of ideas for this. In the end I decided to do one of my favorite things and make a homemade pizza! Enjoy!

Tried getting all of my materials in the picture. Various bell peppers, green onion, pizza crust already rolled out and ready for pre-baking, and shredded mozzarella cheese. Not pictures is my can of chopped olives...

Chopping the bell peppers into slices to make them easier to handle...

Chopping the yellow bell peppers even smaller...

Oh no, what am I doing to my cheese!! Its a surprise...

Its blue! Now time to carefully place the chopped yellow bell peppers...(Yes, that is a pair of tweezers in my hand...took a long time, lol)

Voila! The pizza is complete! I used a Black Eyed Susan as my reference flower. The center of the flower is the chopped olives, the stem is a green onion and the "tall grass" is green bell peppers. I thought the scene needed a little something so I made a couple butterflies from more chopped olives and the orange bell peppers that I ended up not using for the petals. Now for cooking...

Going in the oven (bad pic, sorry)...

Here is the pizza fully cooked. Think I might have used too much cheese...

Cutting it up for eating...

Tasted surprisingly yummy considering I was focusing on aesthetics. Kieran approved! :D

Edited By Britters on 6/11/2017 at 6:55 PM.
Carrotbae
Level 67
Fancy Pants
Threads: 158
Posted: 6/11/2017 at 10:09 PM Post #34
Step 1: Getting the tzatziki sauce and pita bread

Step 2: Making flower shape out of the pita bread

Step 3: Arranging the flower to make it aesthetically pleasing c: everything is better when its aesthetically pleasing. I added an olive for the center, and cucumbers with feta cheese as the leaves.

And the ending. I wish I could of added the shish kabobs and waraq inab and pilafe but so little time lol
Thrackerzod
Level 68
Trickster
Threads: 12
Posted: 6/11/2017 at 11:24 PM Post #35
My flower wound up being a lot simpler than I'd planned, but also cuter I think.

Honeydew melon stem and leaf, sunflower seed soil, strawberry petals, and a blueberry centre!

I did also make this because I felt like it once I'd gotten started:

The sprinkles were uncooperative.

Also, I realise it says may, which is when I made these I just didn't upload until now.
Jennysyc
Level 60
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 21
Posted: 6/12/2017 at 2:53 AM Post #36
Thought I'd try my hand at making something.

Most of the ingredients

Bread machine instructions: liquids first!

Dry ingredients on top

Wasn't able to take a pic of dough after proofing twice so here's the dough already cut and being filled

After final proofing, ready for baking!

Fresh from the oven! Didn't realize photo with name turned out dark so here's a brighter photo but without paper:

Made a loaf of plain white bread the next day in case toddler didn't want the buns. So the day after baking the buns, I took a slice of the bread, slathered matcha (green tea) spread on it to make it leaf-y.

Ta-dah! Flower buns and matcha bread leaves.
Rixva
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 94
Posted: 6/12/2017 at 10:41 PM Post #37
Ok guys. Don't laugh at my sad little flower here. She didn't ask to be made so ugly xD

Step 1: boil noodles. (no nephini harmed in the making of this pasta.)

Step 2: pick out the best noodles and leave the rest to suffer alone in a giant colander

Step 3: coax the noodles into the vague shape of a flower. When they fail to cooperate, eat them.

Step 4: color in the lines with tomato blood and dollar store pesto that tastes like dog breath. Parmesan cheese in the center to add to the unsuccessful illusion.

Step 5: regret not having more artistic motivation and wait for your chance at a participation prize. (=w=)b
Edited By Rixva on 6/12/2017 at 11:17 PM.
Fox
Level 75
Master Sylestiologist
Threads: 398
Posted: 6/14/2017 at 2:01 AM Post #38
Salad flower! :P

Zelly
Level 65
The Hallowed
Threads: 55
Posted: 6/14/2017 at 12:18 PM Post #39
I decided I wanted to do a Japanese Chrysanthemum for my entry, but I realized some people may not know what those look like, so I am including a couple pictures of the real flowers before my entry. XD

Japanese Chrysanthemums come in many, many shapes, colors, petal types, and sizes.

Okay, now that everyone knows what a kiku is. XD

My supply pic contains a lot of stuff I didn't end up using. I put absolutely everything in there because I wasn't entirely sure what I would end up using as some stuff was there as a plan B in case something else didn't work.

Boiling udon noodles.

A cream cheese base helps to hold everything in place.

Different types of noodles needed different amounts of cooking for the desired effect. Egg noodles were brought to just al dente, Udon was fully cooked, and veggie noodles were left just lightly al dente to help the stem retain shape. A sorting tray with wax paper

The veggie circle represents the center of the kiku. It isn't going to be visible in the end, but placing it sorta helped me visualize as I built my flower up noodle by noodle.

A flower is starting to take shape! A few egg noodles need trimming, and the stem is starting to form.

The final step is to add the color (spices) and leaves. :D

(Flower will be eaten with other noodles and sauce later tonight. :) )
Edited By Zelly on 6/14/2017 at 12:20 PM.
Lostlupo
Level 60
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 22
Posted: 6/15/2017 at 4:19 PM Post #40
So, guess who found out their drawing tablet has a wicked good camera? I did~ So, using some scraps, I made a (very bland) flower!

First step- gather materials! I just used some lettuce, an English muffin, and some dried wheat cereal.

Got all the stuff out, and cooked the muffin! (I've already munched on the muffin.)

Annnd it's done! I used the wheat for petals, the lettuce for grass, the muffin for the middle and stem, and then some carrot slices for the feeler things some flowers have(and some color).

Now I'ma sit down with some chocolate milk and enjoy my very bland flower xD
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.