Players 2,437 399
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,235,311 1,122
Generated 656,000 45
Captured 1,189,917 95
Bred 6,389,302 982
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2017 Spring Festival - Edible Flowers
Page 3 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Fesgheli
Level 70
The Tactician
Threads: 1
Posted: 6/4/2017 at 6:12 PM Post #21
I decided to make this out of bread and peanut butter and coconut and dried blueberries.

First I cut out flower and petal shapes out of bread.

Then I decorated the flowers with dried coconut and dried blueberries!

Food Flower Pics
Grapejuice
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 155
Posted: 6/4/2017 at 11:38 PM Post #22

Materials used

halfway there!

The finished product!

Sorry if the images are a bit blurry i was using my fine, trying to hold both items up is harder than you think :p
Dragoil
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Artist
Threads: 172
Posted: 6/5/2017 at 2:59 PM Post #23
Chocolate Stylestia Cupcake flowers

I am just going to say now, this was seriously a big experiment for me, I decided to try a technique I have seen on line, Only from pictures! Yup! I'm crazy. I have melted a bit of chocolate in my time but not these melties, learning curve but I'll try them again any day.

So here is all the stuff.. minus spoons, I used a LOT of plastic spoons

Here are my baked cupcakes/ flower pots

and here we see ONE batch of a million little petals, I did three batches, realized a bit late I was missing green (doh) so no leaves.

Here are the pots with front details

and with soil

and here are the finished flowers, I tried to get a mess of different flowers from the fest, You may notice a Hydrenga, a Chrysanthimum, a Lily, and a Delphinium. Some look more like there stylestian counter parts than others.

Much prettier above view:

100% edible and my girls will be enjoying them later tonight :)
Nightbane
Level 75
Knight
Threads: 288
Posted: 6/6/2017 at 7:33 PM Post #24
To be honest, this was supposed to be for the contest, but umm...ehehe...my stomach acts faster than my sensible mind lmao...so no umm real submission for me i guess?

...i mean we could always call this 'before the growth of a plant' and pretend its the dirt ground? lol

brownies tastes great, and cuts through pretty well though :P

...oops

Edited By NightbaneWolf on 6/6/2017 at 7:33 PM.
Ember2000
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 134
Posted: 6/6/2017 at 9:55 PM Post #25
So, I am Arizona so i thought it would be funny to play off the stereotype that we don't have anything but dirt and cacti :P So here, my Saguaro Cactus (and it's abnormally large flower that was a last minute addition xD)

Sleepwalking
Level 60
The Artistic
Threads: 17
Posted: 6/7/2017 at 5:26 AM Post #26
So. I'm usually picky about what I eat, I'm vegetarian and I try to buy local, bio food. That's why I decided to make a nice, healthy flower breakfast.

It's 100% vegetarian and bio
and about 50% local food (from Belgium). :P

Here are all the ingredients : fruits (peach, banana and apple), granola, dark chocolate chips, agave syrup, cherry jam and whole natural yogurt.

Started with a layer of cherry jam, then yogurt with agave syrup for sweetness.

Then added granola with some chocolate chips, because, well, chocolate.
Started to cut the fruits.

Cut the apples, they're the leaves, more or less.
Cut the bananas, they're some petals.
Cut the peach, it's the main flower.
Added a bit of cherry jam to make the apple slices look pink.

And that makes a nice breakfast :D
BobRoss
Level 61
Fancy Pants
Threads: 102
Posted: 6/10/2017 at 10:10 PM Post #27

These are the materials for the cake decorations. I made guides with pen and paper so I could quickly gauge how large to make the petals for my flower.

I melted chocolates and created flower petals on wax paper. The petals were placed in the bowls to give them a nice rounded shape for a more 3D effect. It took a long time to decide on how to craft these. I tried a knife, a spoon, a fork - but ultimately a toothpick and fingers were the best tool to get the job done! They are really fragile though and break easily once you take them off the wax paper. 6 of each petal size were made (petal sizes being 4 inches, 3 inches, and 2 inches).

Here are all the finished petals next to my fondue pot. I must have broken at least a dozen petals trying to pull them off the wax paper. I was so thankful to be finished. ^^"

Here are the supplies used to make the cake.

I cut away at the edge of the cake when layering them so it would be nice and crumbly on the edges. Then I put my icing in the microwave and poured it over the cake to give it an illusion of looking like potting soil. I crafted leaves in a similar fashion to the petals from more melting chocolates in order to give the cake a nice color and accent. I used some leaves from our bushes outside for a reference. Tips of the leaves were placed against another object as they dried to give them a curl effect.

I then assembled the chocolate petals on top on the cake and secured them with more melting chocolate. I used tiny edible sugar pearls on the top of the cake to give the center of the flower a cute finish. Pearls were also added to the "dirt" like plant food you might add in a garden. The leaves lined the side of the cake.

And then comes the feels bad moment when you realize someone found the same chocolate flower tutorial as you the prior year after you've made the thing. :$
Edited By Nami on 6/13/2017 at 8:21 AM.
Elleshie
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 46
Posted: 6/11/2017 at 1:24 AM Post #28
My attempt at a flower made with an apple and cherries. I tried to make it look like the tail of an Aeridini.

Fantasytail
Level 33
Threads: 0
Posted: 6/11/2017 at 10:41 AM Post #29
This flower/salad is wholly edible. I do not like how it tastes (Yes, I sampled all of it). If you don't believe me, here's what I used and see for yourself on Google. Plantains (not the banana thing), purslane, dandelion greens, wood sorrel, dandelion flower, willow bark, mulberries, and a peppermint candy!

After the first foraging run, the humble beginning.

Used up everything, this happened.

The final product looks good enough to eat (not!)

Note the peppermint :P
Edited By Fantasytail on 6/11/2017 at 12:22 PM.
Vineyiea
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Threads: 187
Posted: 6/11/2017 at 2:23 PM Post #30
I forgot to take a picture while baking the cake, so I had to just take pictures of making the icing... and it some of them are kind of blurry, but either way, here it is!

Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.