Author Thread Post
Eglath
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 11
Posted: 8/1/2013 at 12:32 PM Post #191
Quote From:
Originally Posted: 3/28/2024 at 4:49:57pm

"A headless man had a letter to write; It was read by a man who had lost his sight. The dumb repeated it word for word; And deaf was he who listened and heard."

Ugh, this one stumped me... Had to go look up the answer...
And I had to pull one of these:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDEQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DVRaoHi_xcWk&ei=7Jr6Uc_lLLil4AP9rYDoAw&usg=AFQjCNF7Pxv9yZaQL1oEDCArIZ46sLXSlA&bvm=bv.50165853,d.dmg
The "official" answer to that one is not witty, amusing, or clever...
And does not even make sense, because the given answer is not even the actual property they are describing as the answer. :-/
Edited By 6816 on 8/1/2013 at 12:32 PM.
LunarStorm
Level 61
Trickster
Threads: 86
Posted: 8/1/2013 at 12:36 PM Post #192
Quote From:

@Eglath, @Chidori,

Oh oh and another!

"A woman shoots her husband.
Then she holds him under water for over 5 minutes.
Finally, she hangs him.
But 5 minutes later they both go out together and enjoy a wonderful dinner together.
How can this be?"

Yah, Chidori was right and not a very hard riddle. It's a photographer. She shot her husband with a camera, held the photo of him under water to develop, then hung the photo to dry
Sylvette
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 91
Posted: 8/1/2013 at 12:57 PM Post #193
@Eglath, @Lunarstorm, @Chidori,

Eglath - Sorry that the answer wasn't very nice When I found it it was rated quite good in the website, so I just chose it hoping that you guys would enjoy it Hopefully this riddle will be more fun

Lunarstorm - Have you made an answer to the official riddle battle for you and Katherineac? Refer to page 18 (I think)

Chidori and Eglath and everyone who wants o play a little side game XD -

"This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it? It looks so plain you would think nothing was wrong with it! In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is unusual though. Study it, and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out! Try to do so without any coaching! "

I think I've seen this one a few years ago, but I think it would be fun to bring it up again XD

And another before I head to bed :3

"There was a guy stuck in a metal room with a metal door.The door was locked and there were no windows. The following items were inside the room:
a piano, table,a saw,and a bat.
How did the man get out? (3 ways)"

Beware of this one, the answer has some puns in them XD
And try not to google the answer :3 Let's keep it exciting~
LunarStorm
Level 61
Trickster
Threads: 86
Posted: 8/1/2013 at 12:57 PM Post #194
I think it's Houdini as well without looking anything up. He was the master of escape and just about everything there was to escape, he did it, which is what most of the riddle is
Chidori
Level 60
Stocking Stuffer
Threads: 109
Posted: 8/1/2013 at 1:03 PM Post #195
Chi shoved her "I'm Awesome at Riddles Bow down to Me" Glasses on, and said matter of factly,
"First, he played the piano until he found the right key.
Second, he sawed the table in half then held the two pieces together. Two halves make a hole!~
Third, he swung the bat three times. Three strikes, he's out!"

(xD I love puns just as much as I love Riddles!!)
Eglath
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 11
Posted: 8/1/2013 at 2:07 PM Post #196
Quote From:

"This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it? It looks so plain you would think nothing was wrong with it! In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is unusual though. Study it, and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out! Try to do so without any coaching! "

@Sylvette
This one had me working over it for quite awhile... looked at word counts, spellings, repeated words, hanging participles... etc...
Nothing seemed to be off... So then I thought it may contain a hidden cypher, so I dropped it into one of my cryptanalysis tools I wrote back in college. (Figured it was a fair tool to use, I wrote it myself.)
And there I saw a huge gaping issue with the paragraph that should have been as plain as day!
Answer:
[SPOILER]
The letter 'e' does not occur EVER in the entire paragraph.
The likelihood of that happening accidentally in a largish text selection like this is astronomical in the English language, so that HAS to be the oddity.
[/SPOILER]
Quote From:

"There was a guy stuck in a metal room with a metal door.The door was locked and there were no windows. The following items were inside the room:
a piano, table,a saw,and a bat.
How did the man get out? (3 ways)"

I have seen this one before many times, so abstained from answering. @Chidori got it right.
Edited By 6816 on 8/1/2013 at 2:08 PM.
Ash
Level 70
The Hallowed
Threads: 44
Posted: 8/2/2013 at 11:09 AM Post #197
Quote From:

Popping in because I nearly had an aneurism reading this

Highlight spoiler

It's missing the letter E oh god it hurts
Sylvette
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 8/14/2013 at 7:29 AM Post #198
@Lunarstorm, @Chidori, @Katherineac, @Starfall,

"And we have a loser." She chuckled at her own joke, "I hope you like swimming with sharks." She gestured the nearby ogre and he quickly ran to pull a heavy lever. As the lever sank down the floor of the room shook violently. The metallic floor separated in half and retreated to the sides of the room, revealing a translucent glass surface. Below was a murky lake of water, and you could see fins breaking the water surface every few seconds.

"You see, Stevey hadn't had anything to eat for 2 days now, and my heart breaks to see poor Stevey starve like that. I think he's rather lonely down there, so maybe Lunarstorm should join him! Go you!" She clapped.

As you gazed horrifically at Aryth, her face twisted to reveal evil and deceit, her eyes gleaming with madness as she pressed the button on her remote. A circular glass pannel slowly opened (as if torturing whoever was above it), and the only thing keeping Lunarstorm from falling is the ogre holding onto her.

"Drop her."

There was a scream as she fell down into the waters beneath her. You heard a distant splash as her body made contact with water, and in a few seconds later resurfaced, panting for air. Unbeknownst to her, 'Stevey' was circling his pray, his fins ever so lightly breaking the surface. No one could see 'Stevey' if not for his fins because of the murky water, and Lunarstorm looked around her, trying to get away from the shark that's about to make her his dinner special. Out of nowhere, the jaws of the shark appeared right below Lunarstorm and her body was chopped in half as the shark made a swift kill. The murky water was instantly stained with red, her body no longer able to contain it's life fluid within itself.
Edited By 3716 on 8/14/2013 at 7:40 AM.
Blackstormlily
Level 60
Threads: 9
Posted: 8/14/2013 at 7:32 AM Post #199
@Sylvette,
Could I be on the ping list if another round opens up? cause this sure sounds interesting <3
Sylvette
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 8/14/2013 at 7:38 AM Post #200
@Chidori, @Katherineac, @Starfall,

Chapter 7 (is it?): The buttons of doom (Extermination round)

"And the last four just got one player less." She pouted at you, pretending as if she cared.

"But I'm getting kinda bored with this. You were fun when it lasted, but I think it's time to do another big cut!"

"So this time, I'm going to give you guys three options. There are three buttons on my remote. Two of them will keep you alive, and one of them will inject the lethal and excruciatingly painful venom into your bloodstream." She emphasises on 'excruciating'. You couldn't help but give a shiver at the thought.

"Nobody can chose the same button as someone else. It's a totally free choice. You can chose whichever you want."

"You can also swap buttons with someone else if they agree. Again, it's a totally free choice."

"I'll give you guys 5 minutes."
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 19, 20, 21, 22
This Page loaded in 0.014 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.