Forum Index > Fan Fiction > The Essence of a Vulnyx by Lavenderrain
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Lavenderrain
Level 64
The Artistic
Threads: 65
Posted: 5/3/2017 at 6:26 PM Post #1
Along a sea stood a large port and town. Nearby the dock was a long market place filled with the sounds of people talking, money clinking, and the runny of little boy's feet. A friendly sound to the locals, an exhilarating sound to the visitors, and an encouraging sound to the traders. In the center of the market, admist the hustle and bustle, a little black tail and pink nose could be seen peeking from under a clothed stand. The nose quickly withdrew as two boys went running past, but then emerged again with crystal white eyes. Carefully the observed the busy market, looking for something.
Suddenly they spotted their tarket, a clumsy young boy who was trying to walk and look around at the same time. In his hand he clenched a lovely red apple which he had nibbled on. When his mother saw him lagging behind, she quickly went over, grabbed his hand, and pulled him along. As the apple flew from his hand, the little creature under the stall raced out, grabbed the apple, and went back to its hidding spot, leaving the boy being scolding by his mother. The little creature, a Vulnyx, layed down and chomped on the apple with its sharp white teeth, finishing it in minutes. Than sitting up, it being to calmly groom its self in the darkness. It was a very dirty gray kitten with pitch black ears and tail tip, and hid perfectly in the shadows.
Suddenly, it stood up, and racied out from under the stall, just as it tumbled over backwords. Infuriated, the stall owner shouted at the man riding on a large overfed Morkko, which had knocked the stand over. Some of the crowd watched, while other went back to their business.
The little Vulnyx watched the scene in awe, untill it felt strong hands grab it and lift it into the air. Hissing, it flailed its tiny paws, hoping the kill the beast, but only hearing laughter in return. Finally opening its eyes, it found its self looking into the face of a smiling young man. For a minute they stared at eachother, than the kitten started hissing and flailing again. The man chuckled. "Feisty little thing aren't you? You must be a lost little kitten, even the men who trade by ship wouldn't let their cargo get this filthy." Giving one last look at the trader and Morkko owner arguing, the man left the market place, still carefully holding the screaming Vulnyx.
A few blocks down the way, the man stopped at an old looking shop titled Vulnyx Vagabonds and went inside. The shop was split into two halfs, one held supplies and Vulnyxs sitting in comfy cages, while the left half of the store had tables and chairs where people were chatting, while their pet Vulnyxs slept under the tables. The little hatchling in the man's arms emmediatly froze and quited down. Made it was the smell of the shop or just the looks, but the kitten suddenly felt calm and at ease. The man walked over to the check out counter where an elf was watering a pot.
"Well well! What do you have there? I didn't think you were that into Vulnyxs!" The elf asked the man.
The man smiled, "No Lokiarti, they aren't my favorite Sylesti, but He is such a cutie, I couldn't just leave him in the market place to stare."
Lokiarti nodded, "I know that feeling, sometimes they can just steal your heart in an instant without you even knowing. Anyways, what is it you need?"
The man looked around the shop and at the little Vulnyx he had placed on the counter. "How about a green jewel collar and harness"
"No jingle bow? What do you plan on using him for out in the middle of the woods there?" The elf asked as he rummaged through his ware bethind the counter.
"No, I'm going to see if I can train him without one." The man replied as the Vulnyx squirmed under his strong hand on the counter. It tried to bite the mans hand, but was quickly subdued, causing the other Sylestians in the shop to laugh at the hatchling.
"Sure you can tame that wild little thing there?" A female elf sitting at one of the tables asked.
The man chuckled as the hatchling tried to escape from under his hand. "I'm sure I can Ivyfrost, he just needs some training."
"Well once you do, make sure to show him to us," said one of the women over at the tables. "I would like to see how he turns out!"
"Of 'course I will Grapejuice," the man said as he gave a few gold coins to Lokiarti to pay. He leaned down and whispered to the Vulnyx "I know you will make a beautiful wonderful pet."

End of Part 1

Edits and proofreading still to come

Ping list: Grapejuice, Lauralley, Rangerdanger55
Edited By Lavenderrain on 12/28/2017 at 7:39 PM.
Lavenderrain
Level 64
The Artistic
Posted: 5/3/2017 at 6:26 PM Post #2
Part 2 coming soon
Lavenderrain
Level 64
The Artistic
Posted: 5/3/2017 at 6:26 PM Post #3
Part 3 coming soon
Lavenderrain
Level 64
The Artistic
Posted: 5/3/2017 at 6:27 PM Post #4
Part 4 coming soon
Lavenderrain
Level 64
The Artistic
Posted: 5/3/2017 at 6:28 PM Post #5
Reseved. Questions, comments, and thoughts encouraged!
Goldenfeather74
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 27
Posted: 5/28/2017 at 4:13 PM Post #6
Cute! It's funny that you used other user's names in it. I will definetly keep watch for more.

(By comments encouraged, you do mean on this thread, right? If not I'll delete this)
Grapejuice
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 155
Posted: 6/25/2017 at 3:21 PM Post #7
hahahaha You got my character perfectly :p
Lavenderrain
Level 64
The Artistic
Posted: 6/25/2017 at 3:26 PM Post #8
Thanks you two! I honestly had forgotten about this story, I guess I should try finishing it up. Chapter 1 ends somewhat nicely, but the other Chapters will be more cliffhanger like. ;)

@Goldenfeather Yup you're cool, don't worry! ;)
Hopefully I can get part 2 up sometime by the end of July
Edited By Lavenderrain on 6/25/2017 at 3:35 PM.
Grapejuice
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 155
Posted: 6/25/2017 at 4:08 PM Post #9
can you ping me/pm me when part two is up? this is pretty cool so far! (and not just because i make a cameo in it :p)
Edited By Grapejuice on 6/25/2017 at 4:08 PM.
Lavenderrain
Level 64
The Artistic
Posted: 6/25/2017 at 5:14 PM Post #10
Lol sure thing!
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.