Forum Index > News and Announcements > 3/22 Issues and Downtime
Page 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Moonlit
Level 72
Omniscient Sculptor
Threads: 9
Posted: 3/23/2017 at 9:48 PM Post #51
I just wanted to say you handled things very well Krinadon. I really appreciate all your hard work in fixing the site as well as keeping us updated with what was going on. Thank you for making it where we didn't loose any of our sylesties. I had just hatched eggs so it was nice to see the little ones still there. Thank you again.
Moonflowr
Level 71
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 8
Posted: 3/23/2017 at 10:57 PM Post #52
You are amazing in how you are on top of things all the time!! Thank you so much for fixing everything!!!!
Leoandoreosmom
Level 60
Majestic Green Thumb
Threads: 25
Posted: 3/23/2017 at 11:56 PM Post #53
I was sending a message and got a momentary flash that looked like another members profile.

Just for a second - but at lease I did not get logged off or anything.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 3/24/2017 at 12:09 AM Post #54
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=44774&page=6#53
Author: Leoandoreosmom
Time Posted: 3/23/2017 at 11:56 PM
I was sending a message and got a momentary flash that looked like another members profile.

Just for a second - but at lease I did not get logged off or anything.

I would log out / clear your cache just to try and clear that up if that did indeed happen.
Mccauley1
Level 67
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 90
Posted: 3/24/2017 at 6:30 AM Post #55
Thanks so much Krin! I was really confused when I brought up Sylestia and it said I was you, and couldn't log out.
Obin
Level 60
Fright Master
Threads: 6
Posted: 3/24/2017 at 7:13 AM Post #56
Hey I'm not sure this has to do with this recent downtime, but I just noticed it today... (I *thought* there was a form discussing stable hands somewhere, but I can't find it, so I hope here is ok??). Also not sure if it will fix itself by the time I posted this, sometimes my computer is just slow. ^^"
But, I went to check on my stable hand because I thought it was out of time, turns out, it is! However, when I click on it, it currently says "This Stablehand is under contract for -0 more Days." but is showing like it is still working for me. Kinda amusing, however, it could be abused if it keeps just counting down and working. It will let me cancel the time, but I don't want to do that right now (look I know nothing how computers work, but seems like I should leave it be so you can try to find why its like that?). But I can and will cancel it, just let me know. (Or is this normal text and I'm just a doof? XD)
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 3/24/2017 at 2:43 PM Post #57
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=44774&page=6#56
Author: Obin
Time Posted: 3/24/2017 at 7:13 AM
Hey I'm not sure this has to do with this recent downtime, but I just noticed it today... (I *thought* there was a form discussing stable hands somewhere, but I can't find it, so I hope here is ok??). Also not sure if it will fix itself by the time I posted this, sometimes my computer is just slow. ^^"
But, I went to check on my stable hand because I thought it was out of time, turns out, it is! However, when I click on it, it currently says "This Stablehand is under contract for -0 more Days." but is showing like it is still working for me. Kinda amusing, however, it could be abused if it keeps just counting down and working. It will let me cancel the time, but I don't want to do that right now (look I know nothing how computers work, but seems like I should leave it be so you can try to find why its like that?). But I can and will cancel it, just let me know. (Or is this normal text and I'm just a doof? XD)

Can you leave it for one more night? I'm curious to see if it cancels after tonight or if it is stuck.

If it's stuck, I'll fix it for you tomorrow.
Edited By Krinadon on 3/24/2017 at 2:45 PM.
Caw
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 64
Posted: 3/24/2017 at 3:49 PM Post #58
Krinadon, I've been randomly logged out a couple of times now. I'm not sure if it's due to the downtime but each time it says: "this can occur if you have been logged in elsewhere." I'm just so glad that you have made our account settings unaccessible right now! I just wanted to inform you this has been happening, and I'm not too worried otherwise because each time everything I own and have posted seems to be unedited. Anyways, thanks for helping out!
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 3/24/2017 at 3:55 PM Post #59
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=44774&page=6#58
Author: Caw
Time Posted: 3/24/2017 at 3:49 PM
Krinadon, I've been randomly logged out a couple of times now. I'm not sure if it's due to the downtime but each time it says: "this can occur if you have been logged in elsewhere." I'm just so glad that you have made our account settings unaccessible right now! I just wanted to inform you this has been happening, and I'm not too worried otherwise because each time everything I own and have posted seems to be unedited. Anyways, thanks for helping out!

Hm.

I'll set up some tracking to see if I can get more information about it.

But at least it's reassuring to know that what I've done is at least working to prevent unauthorized account sharing lol~
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 3/24/2017 at 4:23 PM Post #60
Just to give everyone a head's up.

I've put in place some pretty strict authorization checks each time the server checks a login session. So if you're noticing yourself frequently getting logged out, you might want to make sure your modem/router/device isn't set to use dynamic IP Addresses and instead is using a static IP Address.

I've also set up some tracking so that I can track each time a session invalidates and why it invalidated and who it happened to. This will let me try to find a pattern or try to improve what's going on and to verify if indeed we are still having our server jumbling up people's login sessions or not.

And again, please let me know if you encounter anything odd. Thank you again for your patience and I apologize for the inconvenience. I hope to get things figured out 100% here shortly.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.