Forum Index > News and Announcements > Lunemara Revamp Sketches #2
Page 11 1, 2, 3... 10, 11, 12... 16, 17, 18 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Zisimilewuzz
Level 75
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 13
Posted: 3/21/2017 at 12:02 AM Post #101
Much better! I appreciate that the females aren't dramatically different this time around
Thrackerzod
Level 68
Trickster
Threads: 12
Posted: 3/21/2017 at 1:21 AM Post #102
Aaaah they're so chubby and bug-y and cute! I love them! They are properly cute huggable fancymoths now! <3 Yay for bug eyes and floof and little feeeeeet!

The only thing that seems off to me at all still is the noses. Like...they are cute, but a bit awkward still? Maybe they could be part of a mutation or something? Or changeable via mutations perhaps?

In any case the bug love is strong these are wonderful!

Edit: I did just notice one last thing, which is that the cheek fluff is literally just on the cheeks and on the female in particular it seems a bit off on the cheek on the right? I think it's because the fluff covers the rest of her face mostly, which is fine, but the back/side of her head is super smooth behind it and it does something a little strange. It's not a huge deal though and I'm sure in the proper lines it'll be fine.

Edit Part 2: I support the cute mandibles or button nose ideas floating around. A bit more similar to the adorable caterpillars would be, well, adorable! if the snoots were mutation based though you could totally have different mutations with like, proper proboscosis (is that the plural? Or even spelled kind of right? Who knows? Not me!) and other less traditionally moth-y things if you wanted.

Edit the third because I'm a moth obsessed weirdo: I've seen the red sketched idea that got passed around and it totally solves the problems with the head and the nose somehow looks less awkward on it too honestly? I think it's because that version of her face is more angular so it doesn't look as glued on on something. I really like the head shape on the red version.I can see that it's under the fluff in the new one but it's so hidden by the cheeks that it became too square.

You could totally still add cheek fluff in a more minimal way for expression obviously, but I think it would need to be more delicate to prevent the weirdness that's going on.

Terrible ms paint expression example:
(I tried to fake in her eyelashes so it'd match the more updated sketch better but I'm on my mom's computer with no tablet so...yeah. Also I got the angle of her cheeks wrong. I am bad at mouse drawing.)

I also apologise if any of this doesn't make sense. I am very tired and in a sleepy moth frenzy.
Edited By Thrackerzod on 3/21/2017 at 2:04 AM.
Nibenhu
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 30
Posted: 3/21/2017 at 2:14 AM Post #103
They look adorable!
Godiva
Level 70
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 45
Posted: 3/21/2017 at 8:54 AM Post #104
These are really wonderful, thank you so much to the artist(s) for re-sketching them!

A couple of points I noted:

The sticks coming out of the top of the wings look like antenna, but the Lunes already have antenna. I think the designs would look better without these wing-sticks.

I'd love to see the adult male face-on because at the moment he seems a lot less expressive than the female, possibly because we are only seeing one side of his face.

The adult male's arms still seem a little limp and hanging compared to the female's cute little arms.

I think the female caterpillar would look better without the leaf, although I love that pose!

The adult nose is still a bit unusual, but perhaps mandibles would look as cute on the adults as they do on the hatchlings?

That's all I can think of for now, but I hope my comments are constructive! :)
Galaxea
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 138
Posted: 3/21/2017 at 10:20 AM Post #105
I think they are trying to make the nose look like an adult butterfly. Since adult butterflies and moths don't have mandables, and the noses would look kinda weird curled down like a real butterfly proboscis. I had a butterfly as a pet once so I did a lot of research and got a really close look at it.
Edited By Galaxea on 3/21/2017 at 10:21 AM.
Phoenixmcmillan
Level 54
The Tender
Threads: 17
Posted: 3/21/2017 at 10:54 AM Post #106
I really like the sketches. They are so pretty.
Lup
Level 60
Benevolent Brewer
Threads: 9
Posted: 3/21/2017 at 2:09 PM Post #107
Ahhhh yes, these are very cute :D It's kinda rare to see a really cute bug as a pet on a site like this, so I'm super glad to see them stay more insect-y!
Grapejuice
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 155
Posted: 3/21/2017 at 4:30 PM Post #108
Much better! I love them so much now!!! Less weird, awkward, human-like and more natural, cute, and bug-like! Great job
Kittheng
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 48
Posted: 3/21/2017 at 4:33 PM Post #109
Thanks! i hope they use some (if not most) of your design!
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 3/21/2017 at 8:07 PM Post #110
We have TABLET. I am very pleased.
To work.

Wings: I believe someone pointed it out, but... why so the wings have all these sticky-outy bits? Mostly the ones at the top, which seem like they're slightly trying to mimic antenna (which, considering lunes already have antenna... seems a bit unneeded)
They take up a bunch of space that could be wing for the top wing (We think the middle ones are okay)
(We don't really mind there being a coily on the bottom wing at all, either, but it would fit more with the original design if it was coming from the lower edge of the wing instead of the top. ah who knows. maybe the female could have one way and the male the other)
The wings kind of look like they're a single large thing, instead of two distinct pairs of wings (I do not like that. At all. We are assuming it's just because of the sketch nature, however)
Also, the male and female's wings do not connect to the same portion of the back as each other at all (female connect in yellow, male in yellow-green). The female's connect above the arms, the male's connect below. It's a bit strange.

Body: Far, far better.'Tail' curl could stand to look like coiling fur. Mostly what bugs us is the lines on the sides, which, as we wrote on-image, makes them just look kind of beanbag-like instead of body segment.

Arms: Like... I really like the fuzziness and the little grippy-claw hands, those are great... but the actual limbs themselves... don't... really work; all the segments are different lengths and, while the wings aren't connected to the same spot as the legs this time, the legs still all seem to be trying to.
Also I have no idea what is going on with the male's legs?

Heads: The artist really seems to like coils. Still not really a fan of the jester-shoe noses (although they seem a bit less pronounced in this version. The female's blends better, certainly.) Maybe could use a bit less fluff over the bottom of the female's eye?
I have... no clue what is going on with the male's face, though. It just seems... odd. Very awkward.
(but they have very nice eyes. Good expressions)

So, so, so much better than the others.
Still room for improvement, certainly, but so much better.
The baby female has regained alert and alive and inquisitive status, too; stupendous.

Now I am going to go draw over them to see if we can figure out things.
-~-~-
Okay, scribbled over them to help the thought soup

fuzzy tail?
Legs further apart (maybe more distinct arm pose difference between male and female? I also think I have spotted some comments about the two looking too similar)
Wings? (mostly just the top antenna-y bit and the distinction between top and bottom wing. We just have an entirely different drawing taste in wing style to the proposed so) ... maybe they could look akin to the essence wings?

Male head?
Female face fur?
Thickness of the male's abdomen, also (another thing I think I saw one or two comments about that in the thread.)

-~-~-
Also. Lunes. Yes. They have lunes. They're Magic Alchemy Moth Lunemaras. *quiet vibrating glee*
Edited By Scathreoite on 3/22/2017 at 4:28 AM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 10, 11, 12... 16, 17, 18
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.