Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > News and Announcements > Increased Feeding Cost
Page 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Vela
Level 60
Threads: 0
Posted: 3/16/2017 at 6:14 PM Post #61
You can also in addition to what others have said here add more options for those of us who do not have so much time, or patience, let us pay for things to save time and get what we want faster.

Add a built in option to exchange gold to various other currencies, but do not make that exchange the cheapest version, to not mess up the exchange between players.

Remove cooldowns on items that can be bought, also remove limits on using the same type of item on the same pet, this will make those items be used more, be bought more, and thus people will burn through their gold faster.

Make all items purchasable with gold. (Avatar items, pet items, equipment, potions, kits, everything)

Add a new gambling mechanic that let's you select items you would like to be able to win, and let you decide how likely you are to win those, and adjust the per gamble event cost for that. You base that on the averages of the gold price for the items and their chance to be won.

Make the number of inventory/hatchery/stable tabs infinite if they are not already, for the pack rats among us.

Make new potions that can be used for people who have trouble paying attention, like I do at times, a potion you make a pet drink that increments a life counter on the pet, when the pet then later dies in combat it comes back instantly with full health and mana and the life counter is reduced by one.

Make a lazy person's buying option for buying X items of type Y from market, add a small additional fee to use that. When you use it, it will partially buy the cheapest of the items in question. It will show the user of this how much it will cost to buy that many as they increase and decrease the number of items they want to buy.

Add a tab or set of tabs in the inventory where people can move things they want to be sold for optional: lowest +- some percentage or number of gold pieces, or average recently sold price +- some percentage or number of gold pieces, gold price of item +- some percentage or number of gold pieces. Once those options are set up you can easily just toss things you don't want, but others might, onto those tabs and not have to worry about all the fiddly bits with putting things up on the market. You can allow people to buy additional such tabs, and also it would take same amount or maybe more percentage of the sale as the normal market does.

You can add an option to keep a stock of some type of consumables that lazy players can activate, for instance it might be useful to always have traps available, or potions, and if I can tell the system to get those for me when needed, for cheapest available price (on market, or from gold store) then that would be mighty convenient. You can also add an option to sell off any excess of items automatically, so I don't even have to deal with that at all. You might be able to take a higher fee for these options, than using the regular market, but they will increase the number of transactions, and since you take a fee for each transaction already that means it will eat away gold faster, while also being easier for people.

Also if you want something else you can probably make people want to spend money on, be it gold or diamonds, it would be custom recolored or slightly altered, up to very altered or unique avatar and pet items, and other types of commission style work, these would of course likely be more costly than things that already exist in game. You could offer two options for those, either the commissioned thing becomes available to everyone, or only to that player costing more, given how amazingly cute the art is for this site I am sure people would love to have more things made for them in this art style, of course I know time is limited for the artist, so such things would have to be priced accordingly. You could also make commissions be something sold at an auction on the site.

Also I love the idea of a central gold shop, I do not want to have to go looking for things, I want them all in one easy to find place, so I can maximize the amount of fun I have in my limited time I have available for the site. Toward that end it would be neat if there was simply a button I could press to pay to have my pets fed, healed and refilled on mana, right when I try to use them, as an option mind you, rather than me having to try to remember where they are in my stables and giving them potions and all that.

I would also love to have the option to buy some land, and have a nice map editor I could use, to create a custom zone basically, where I could go and maybe even let my friends come. You could make things available to buy for that, including the ability to have zones where hostile pets can spawn and I could battle them. (This works well with the house idea where you can set up a house with items) You should also consider allowing adding multiple levels so one can have a cellar and a high tower. Also would be nice to have the stables visible as something you can walk around in, and see all your pets. Again since what I like with this site is the cute art.

Another thing that would be neat if you made available is an item you can put on your pet to make it render with the old version of rendering, for those of us who miss the old art, or at least want to be able to see it again. You could even add items to pretend to have a certain trait, with a certain color, but it would not alter the pet, it would basically just be a masquerade item.
Kittheng
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 48
Posted: 3/16/2017 at 6:33 PM Post #62
I like Vela's last idea!

"Another thing that would be neat if you made available is an item you can put on your pet to make it render with the old version of rendering, for those of us who miss the old art, or at least want to be able to see it again. You could even add items to pretend to have a certain trait, with a certain color, but it would not alter the pet, it would basically just be a masquerade item."

I think that would be super cool! I was thinking that this would go in the costume slot and that it could be obtained with gold (maybe 1000-25000g) or diamonds (maybe 50-100). Another idea is that it could be obtained through opening crates and such while adventuring (possibly a 1 in 2000 chance) or from opening event satchels (maybe a 1 in 500 chance).
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 3/16/2017 at 6:42 PM Post #63
I'd still rather it be the 10g instead of 15g. I am glad though that it's not going to be 25g. I just wish there could be other types of gold sinks instead. I think sinks are better when people really want to take part in the gold sink. When they're fun. When they don't even think of them as a gold sink. Feeding is already something I think of as a burden. It's something I do because I feel like I don't have much of a choice over it if I want to see my pets look like themselves in the stable instead of being grayed out.

If it does get moved to 15g, would you still consider there being a higher tier stablehand to offset the price for those with very large collections or certain numbers of stables? It's not like I've never cut down on the number of pets I have. Looking at the advanced search, I've released 4,136 pets. (I'll admit though a bit of this will probably be from release contests but not that many.) My current collection is 8,423 pets.

Having as many pets as I do, I've purchased stables to house them. I try to buy diamonds when I can directly from the site for it even though I can't do it often. And even when I can't, the diamonds I buy with gold were bought by someone directly from the site. So I'd like to think that even though I have a large collection of pets, that it's benefited the site in at least the diamonds that have gone towards it.
Edited By Savynn on 3/16/2017 at 6:46 PM.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 3/16/2017 at 6:58 PM Post #64
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=44539&page=7#63
Author: Savynn
Time Posted: 3/16/2017 at 6:42 PM
I'd still rather it be the 10g instead of 15g. I am glad though that it's not going to be 25g. I just wish there could be other types of gold sinks instead. I think sinks are better when people really want to take part in the gold sink. When they're fun. When they don't even think of them as a gold sink. Feeding is already something I think of as a burden. It's something I do because I feel like I don't have much of a choice over it if I want to see my pets look like themselves in the stable instead of being grayed out.

If it does get moved to 15g, would you still consider there being a higher tier stablehand to offset the price for those with very large collections or certain numbers of stables? It's not like I've never cut down on the number of pets I have. Looking at the advanced search, I've released 4,136 pets. (I'll admit though a bit of this will probably be from release contests but not that many.) My current collection is 8,423 pets.

Having as many pets as I do, I've purchased stables to house them. I try to buy diamonds when I can directly from the site for it even though I can't do it often. And even when I can't, the diamonds I buy with gold were bought by someone directly from the site. So I'd like to think that even though I have a large collection of pets, that it's benefited the site in at least the diamonds that have gone towards it.

Yes. That is part of the plan.

Probably looking to add two more Stablehands and reducing the usefulness of the first. And also adding in new bonuses for the other two.

And then also adding in some sort of bonus for keeping all of your pets fed.

So the extra 5g (reduced to 1g or less with the new max Stablehand) would be worth the 'investment' for whatever the bonus ends up being.

That's the idea.

So think of it as... atm, you're "wasting" 10g a day per pet. Now... it may be slightly more expensive at 15g a day per pet, but you'll actually be getting something useful for it. And with a new Stablehand Tier, you may end up even spending the same amount of money anyway as you are now if the %age is higher.
Moonsugar
Level 70
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 33
Posted: 3/16/2017 at 7:08 PM Post #65
I think that a lot of -fun- gold sinks have been mentioned already, so there should be no need for a feeding cost increase. I of course don't personally see that there was such a need to begin with. Either way, I don't see increasing the feeding cost as a way of making people want to use stablehands more or feed their pets more often! Which is why I tried to take some time to scrounge up a few ideas/suggestions for fun ways to spend money, and I'm happy to say that I've seen many good suggestions from players in this thread! :D

There are tons of options for stuff to add that people will want to spend their gold on - it just requires some brainstorming, some planning and lastly some work to make it happen. We have plenty of cute and addictive things in place already, I'm sure there will soon be more!

Come to think of it, if you want to implement a new and exciting (read: addictive) feature that might double as a gold sink, why not try a classic: Collections! Who hasn't had a book/folder/etc full of stickers, stamps, photos, pins, cards and various other collectibles at one point or another? Remember buying the various booster packs or what have you in small hoards just to get the -one- missing thing you really wanted?

Now, imagine filling up the Sylestian Compendium A-Z (Aurleon to Zolnixi!) with pictures of our beloved cuties, maybe some cards/images/whatever can be customized to show off your very own pet(s), aside from the "standard" ones of perhaps themed pets (of course with added info about who designed the theme and which festival it appeared in) - or hey, future contest winners could have their pets featured in the big, ever-evolving encyclopedia of Sylestia and its cute critters. You could add lore and information about the zones, each species, with lots of little collectible pictures and decorations and notes and stuff for us to spend our precious gold on. Maybe the text itself even fills in as we spend more time (and money?) completing the tome of many collections. ...Great, now I've made myself addicted already, and it's not even a feature. :)

Kriiiiiin... shut up and take our money! *insert Fry meme here*

~Moon
Frawn
Level 75
High Druid
Threads: 53
Posted: 3/16/2017 at 8:16 PM Post #66
Ideas about how to incentivize feeding!

Staying fed for X amount of days could result in a "well-fed" bonus that could incur all kinds of bonuses:

*increased stats in battle
*reducing a female's breeding cooldown by 12hours (or giving her, like, a .01% chance to produce TWO eggs instead of one?!)
*increased XP gain for leveling
*reducing a well-fed pet's mission completion time by an hour
*even just adding something silly like flavor text on a pet's ID page that says they have a "glossy coat" or "a healthy glow" would be fun!

Effects could stack (to a cap) for consecutive days fed. For example, one week could result in a 1% increase in [X kind of bonus], two weeks is a 2% increase, a month is a 5% increase, 6 months a 10% increase.

Different stable-hands could offer a variety different bonuses in addition to keeping your pets fed, depending on the style a player prefers (for a much higher price than plain old Rosemary, obviously).

I would like a good reason to feed them besides imaginary guilt, though...
Leoandoreosmom
Level 60
Majestic Green Thumb
Threads: 25
Posted: 3/16/2017 at 8:57 PM Post #67
I do not have enough AP to even use the Stable Hand. For the newer members, this prevents us from taking advantage of using this service.

I keep trading diamonds for gold so I can feed my pets until I build up enough AP, but I have a l.....o....n....g way to go.

Just my two cents.
Xnickyswagx
Level 60
Threads: 0
Posted: 3/16/2017 at 8:58 PM Post #68
Thank you for informing us of the changes, present and to come.

Amount of feeding could be based on age, instead of species as stated in an earlier post. Such as adolescents being fed with 10g and adults being fed with 20g? Sorry if this makes it more complicated.

Anyway, 15g sounds like a good estimate for pets overall.
Chaoticangelkitten
Level 60
The Tender
Threads: 23
Posted: 3/16/2017 at 9:17 PM Post #69
I know it doesn't fit this but an option to open many items at once would be a life saver. I get so aggravated with opening my satchels sometimes because it takes so long especially if you have a slower computer. If you could choose a bunch and then say open all, it would make life so much easier and we'd have more time for more interesting things... like spending gold. ~_^
Moonsugar
Level 70
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 33
Posted: 3/16/2017 at 10:19 PM Post #70
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=44539&page=7#69
Author: Chaoticangelkitten
Time Posted: 3/16/2017 at 9:17 PM
I know it doesn't fit this but an option to open many items at once would be a life saver. I get so aggravated with opening my satchels sometimes because it takes so long especially if you have a slower computer. If you could choose a bunch and then say open all, it would make life so much easier and we'd have more time for more interesting things... like spending gold. ~_^

So. Much. THIS!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.