Page 1 1, 2, 3 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,117
Posted: 3/14/2017 at 4:58 PM Post #1
We have upgraded our Diamond Shop and Diamond Purchasing Interface/Options. As some of you may have been aware, we have been having increasing difficulties with our Diamond Transactions parsing correctly. After quite a bit of back and forth with PayPal, I was eventually informed that it was because they are in the process of upgrading their systems and that our 'system' is incompatible with their new system.

After informing me that they'd finish their upgrades in about a week's time, at which point all of our Diamond Transactions would fail, I had to figure out a way to upgrade our system.

As is often the case, I figured it would be easier to just rebuild the Diamond Shop from scratch around the new system than trying to upgrade and integrate it into the original Diamond Shop. So, now we all get to enjoy a fancy new Diamond Shop page!

https://www.sylestia.com/shops/diamondshop/

The first thing you'll notice is that the interface for buying Diamonds has been completely overhauled and changed. Partially due to limitations of PayPal's new system and partially because I was looking to make things more simple on our end, the purchasing options/bonuses have changed quite a bit.

We will be getting new Icons and Borders for each Bundle to make them look better

There are now 6 options available for purchasing Diamonds. I looked over the data of all Diamond Transactions and picked the 6 options that accounted for virtually all of your Transactions.

Additionally, the bonus Tiers have been changed somewhat. We removed the Tier for the $10 (a Bonus of 50 Diamonds), however we pretty substantially increased the Bonuses for all of the other pricing points.

The biggest change though is with how Diamond Sales will work now. Previously, we reduced the price of each bundle of 500 Diamonds. However, due to the changes with how PayPal will work and because of careful analyzation of data, the price per Bundle will remain the same. What will change is that the base quantity of Diamonds for each Bundle will increase by 20% when we have a Diamond Sale going on. This system actually will result in a total of more Diamonds being awarded compared to the original system for, again, all Bundles past the $10 Bundle. For example, while under a sale, buying the $100 Bundle will give you a whopping 15,000 Diamonds now.

Hopefully *fingers crossed*, I set everything up correctly for when PayPal fully upgrades their system in a week or so and we no longer have any transaction issues anymore. I tested pretty much every possible purchase and was able to get all of them to pass perfectly fine so I think we should be good to go!

In addition to improving pretty much everything regarding the purchase of Diamonds, we also greatly improved the process of spending Diamonds. The Diamond Shop has been completely upgraded with a vastly improved interface.

*Please note, some of the item tooltips aren't 100% working. I need to go through and get* them synced up so just ignore that for now. For example, I don't think the Exceptional Infertility Kit even has a tooltip atm

One of the biggest improvements is just an overall improvement in tracking. It should now be easier for you to keep track of what you're buying, how much you're buying, how much it will cost, what you bought, etc. We even added an incredibly handy Checkout List before you submit your purchase!

Lastly, this new Diamond Shop utilizes much, much, much improved performance in the Database on my end. I can now easily update the Shop, add new items to the Shop, change prices, add certain clauses, and so on. It will be a huge time saver for me every time I need to update or change the Shop.

Overall, I hope everyone enjoys the new Diamond Shop and please let me know if you have any questions or issues!

Reminder: The Fortune Festival will begin on Friday, March 17th! It will be a little mini Festival, similar to the Week of Love.

Additionally, we will be releasing a new Party Manager page to replace the current one, releasing a brand new streamlined Tutorial for new Players, and releasing the new Proficiency/Statistics/Ability system that we announced a week or so ago.

So much going on!!!
GoldGryphon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Threads: 74
Posted: 3/14/2017 at 5:04 PM Post #2
Krin, I have to say... this is a much wanted update! I especially like the check-out list! It looks so much neater and also easier to understand! Love it!
Lavenderrain
Level 64
The Artistic
Threads: 65
Posted: 3/14/2017 at 5:08 PM Post #3
To be honest, I kind of liked how you were able to choose how much you wanted to spend on diamonds in the old system better, but I understand the need for it to change. (Better for it to be set than to not be able to buy any at all) Love the upgradments and new style Krin!
Tigergirl
Level 68
Nature Walker
Threads: 15
Posted: 3/14/2017 at 5:11 PM Post #4
I love the new look/interface. It really clears up some things that were questionable/confusing in the past. I look forward to playing on and helping to support an ever-improving site!
Hundenelsker
Level 75
Fright Master
Threads: 23
Posted: 3/14/2017 at 5:15 PM Post #5
Love the upgrades, this will make things SO much easier. Thank you, Krin!
Imperium
Level 75
Guardian
Threads: 386
Posted: 3/14/2017 at 5:16 PM Post #6
Thanks so much for the upgrades Krin~! :D Also happy to know I'll be getting just a few more diamonds during my transactions. <3 I'll happily test this out as soon as a diamond sale starts up. :)
Dinnerbone
Level 75
The Artistic
Threads: 40
Posted: 3/14/2017 at 5:19 PM Post #7
Thanks Krin! This is a good update :)
Rixva
Level 75
The Majestic
Threads: 94
Posted: 3/14/2017 at 5:23 PM Post #8
A new party manager page?? Hallelujah! Very much looking forward to using these amazing improvements :D
Teefa85
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Threads: 11
Posted: 3/14/2017 at 5:34 PM Post #9
Nice! Everything looks so organized and clean. Definitely seems easier to use as well.
Grapejuice
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 155
Posted: 3/14/2017 at 5:41 PM Post #10
it looks much better now, more organized and clean. Love it!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3
This Page loaded in 0.010 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.