Players 2,448 395
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,231,480 1,551
Generated 655,813 33
Captured 1,189,614 92
Bred 6,385,961 1,426
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Mission and Quest Discussion > The Forgotten Tomb Boss, I need help!
Page 2 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Wonderfulwander
Level 75
The Dreamer
Threads: 110
Posted: 2/15/2017 at 11:39 AM Post #11
As you've observed, most enemies tend to hit the middle pet, thus I'll recommend you use a tank. So a pet that's high in health/agility for your first pet. Your other two pets can be cannons, with most of their stats in strength OR intelligence, and maybe dexterity. I'll recommend one strength based, and one intelligence based, to make your party even.

This recommendation is for a general party setup, which you can use for a lot of battles. Your tank will bear most of the damage, while your two cannons will deal a lot of damage. Having your cannons deal different damage type means that you won't be at a particular disadvantage against a certain type of enemy (which may be strength or intelligence based). So this party set up is the most balanced to bring for exploration, where you can meet all kinds of enemies, in varying degrees of number, type, and difficulty.

I've linked this thread, and I'll link it again: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=18775
This goes more in depth into how to build your party pets.

That said, this is not the "perfect" setup, just the most balanced one. If you know you're heading in specific types of battle, being able to change up your party is useful, as some battles have very powerful enemies so having all tanks are useful, whereas most exploration zones have relatively easy enemies, so having all cannons make for quick battles.

If you read the translated instructional text, "only when all four seals are activated will they illuminate". So you wouldn't know if your pet successfully activated the seals until you've tried all four, and then, only if all four were correct.

I'm not sure how much stats is needed exactly, so I wouldn't know if having a bit in health will affect the success or not.
Typhix
Level 61
The Artistic
Threads: 73
Posted: 2/15/2017 at 12:51 PM Post #12
Okay. Thank you for all the advice! Since this is the third seal, and I have to get them all right, then I will backtrack again, and get the seals right, then go and try to defeat the boss. :) I think I am going to change my battle pets around a little more.... if I have any more questions, I will ping you.
Typhix
Level 61
The Artistic
Threads: 73
Posted: 2/15/2017 at 1:34 PM Post #13
Oh my word! I defeated him! Thank you so much!
Wonderfulwander
Level 75
The Dreamer
Posted: 2/15/2017 at 7:30 PM Post #14
Congrats! And you're welcome ^^
Lostlupo
Level 60
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 22
Posted: 4/21/2017 at 8:49 PM Post #15
I know this is an oldish post, but I have a really newbie question that fits here the best-

I got defeated by the boss and kind scared to go back in case of the story being messed up. Can anyone tell me what happens after you get defeated the first time? Does it affect the story, or does it just make you check the seals and go back after him again?
Wonderfulwander
Level 75
The Dreamer
Posted: 4/22/2017 at 9:42 AM Post #16
Nothing much happens to the storyline. You just have to keep playing until you manage to defeat the boss, before you can move on to the next area. You will get to find all 4 seals again, and just before the boss battle, you will reach the door and if the seals are not lighted up, it means there is at least one seal you didn't manage to activate, and you can choose to avoid the boss battle, and run through the zone again to try all the seals again. There is no limit to how long you stay in the zone, but you can't move on in the storyline if you can't defeat this boss.

If you need help translating the text, or assigning the right pet to the right seal, you can go to this thread where this zone is discussed: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=622

Because of some recent changes to how stat points work, you will probably need a pet with all points added to the required stat in order to activate the seal.

Also, I took a quick look at your pets, and will recommend that you change up their amour. You should use equipment that gives more boost to strength/intelligence (whichever your proficiency tree uses) and dexterity, if it's an "attack" pet; or strength/intelligence and agility, if it's a "health" pet. This will help your pets be more efficient in battle. Try not to use disciple equipment, as that's generally bad for battle pets. You can read this thread for more info on stat boosts for the equipment : https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=44894

Also, try to upgrade your pets equipment to as close to their levels as possible. And the higher the rarity type, the better.

I can't rmb much about this battle, but for most boss battles, I feel it's not worth having a fire pet, since you usually only have a boss, or even if there are minions, you'll want to get rid of the boss as fast as you can first. So fire pets who hit more than one targets are usually not the most effective for boss battles I feel. But that's a personal observation and preference, so it's up to you how you want to set up your party. =)

(Also, you do have 3 pets in your party right?)
Lostlupo
Level 60
Warden of Umbra
Posted: 4/22/2017 at 12:35 PM Post #17
I still don't understand the equipment thing very well- I rarely pay attention to names and more to stats- Toxi has stuff to boost her health, Radiance(my fire yes, though I think I'ma move him out after I do the seals for Acidity) has stuff to boost his magical attacks and intelligence, and then I have both physical and health on Acidty- and just physical on Adversity. Now that I understand the seals a bit better, I'm hoping the change up I'm making will help!

I have another question- can I use myself or Jinxie for any of the seals? I see it was mentioned but didn't see if any said it worked or not.
Lostlupo
Level 60
Warden of Umbra
Posted: 4/22/2017 at 1:46 PM Post #18
Nevermind all that!

Switching Radiance(Fire) out with Adversity(Wind/Strength) worked amazingly! And after I got the seal of perception activated, it was easy as pie! The only seal I didn't have was the seal of alacrity(speed), but it just made it more of a 'inch by inch' battle, which I didn't mind.

Thank you so much for your help!
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.010 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.