Forum Index > Suggestion Box > Re: Puffadore Wings
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Zelly
Level 65
The Hallowed
Threads: 55
Posted: 1/28/2017 at 8:20 PM Post #1
Welp.. the Puff revamp is out.. and suffering the same problem the Puffadores suffered the first time. Really large wings that cover up too much of the body, impeding on genes. We've given this feedback before.. but it seems to have only been recalled for the Gem Wings, which did get smaller and more gene friendly.

Several of the wings have been massively changed, to the point they don't really resemble their former selves. One isn't even named the same since it really isn't the same wing anymore. For that reason, I would like to propose the addition of two wings that would replace the effectively 'lost' wings. [Warning: These are very low effort doodles.]

Chibi Feathered Wings. Because the originals were much, much smaller than they are now. I think these new large feathered wings, while I won't be able to use them much given their size and coverage, look fine, but they don't look like the mutation they are replacing. They're huuuge in comparison!

Candy Wings are.. well.. gone. There are Fairy Wings in their place which are not made of Candy at all. I don't see a reason to split up a set just to make some new unrelated wing. Please bring Candy back. It doesn't have to look like it used to, if the artists perhaps do not recall how they made it look like it used to, which could be a reason it is gone. Something like this could work too:

Lastly.. I want to address those replacement wings.. they are by far the least useable wing in terms of gene coverage that we have now. But they don't have to be. They are 'fairy' wings. Not feathered wings where this would look strange and out of place. Easy solution? Transparency. I would also like to suggest they attach to the body in a more natural manner. Why are they coming out of the front of the Puff's leg? They're not hitting the edge of the picture anywhere to need to be attached like this.
Edited By Zelly on 1/29/2017 at 2:16 AM.
Lostwords13
Level 71
Vanquisher of Undead
Threads: 113
Posted: 1/28/2017 at 8:36 PM Post #2
I definitely agree.

All my regen puffs have been forced to have arcanic wings, despite several other options being available, merely because nothing else looks good. Candy wings used to be one of my faves, but now i can't stand it. Jeweled wings is an improvement definitely, but feathered wings now covers up way too much. I had a gorgeous boy hatch from one of my Winter Solstice tagged eggs, and was sooo excited that he would not need a regen because I loved him so much. Now I wish he had, because I can no longer see his chipmunk under the feathered wings and the thing I loved about him was how perfectly the pair of traits matched.

I would be so nice to have those small wings back. I always hated jeweled wings before because it covered so much up it wasnt worth it to have 6v because you could never tell anyway. Now, jeweled and arcanic (and the new icicle wings) are the ONLY ones that you can see the body on...I miss having variety, and to see my favorite wings (candy wings) be soemthign that isnt even remotely the same is disappointing, to say the least. i do not feel like the fairy wings are a good replacement for them,a s they are nothing alike. I'd almost say the icicle wings would be a more fitting replacement for them...

The placement on some of the wings is weird to say the least as well. To be completely honest, it kinda looks like someone played pin the tail on the donkey with puff wings on some of them...they just do not sit right on the body, which is a problem i remember nixis having before /they/ were revamped.

I've been trying really hard to like the revamp. I really have been. Puffs are my absolute fave species, and likely always will be. But some of these changes are awful if i'm going to be completely honest. I've tried to give myself time to adjust, but my dislike only gets stronger. I can barely regen the tons of puffs i have, which is something i was really looking forward to based on the previews etc.

EDIT: I should probably be a bit more clear in regards to feathered wings...i love the detail, i really do. Feathered wings are some of my ultimate faves (right under the old candy wings),e specially on the nephs, and these definitely do the design justice. Its just the size that is the issue on them. I can't use them because then i can't see anything else on the puff.
Edited By Lostwords13 on 1/28/2017 at 8:43 PM.
Waycrazy
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 73
Posted: 1/28/2017 at 8:36 PM Post #3
I would love to see some chibi feathered wings, as well.

The new feathered wings are gorgeously detailed, but they're just so big, I don't even want to use them.
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 1/28/2017 at 8:40 PM Post #4
I looooove the idea of fairy wings being transparent. I would definitely want to use them.

I do like the new feathered wings. They're very pretty, but I miss the smaller feathered wings we used to have. I love genes and it seems a shame to hide them so I end up wanting to use petals or hearts instead.

I'd also like to see something that fits the candy theme like suggested as well.
Edited By Savynn on 1/28/2017 at 8:40 PM.
Wonderfulwander
Level 75
The Dreamer
Threads: 110
Posted: 1/28/2017 at 10:18 PM Post #5
Would love chibi feathered wings. The previous feathered wings was one of my favourite, partially because of its size in proportion to the body.
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 1/28/2017 at 10:38 PM Post #6
Here's a comparison between fairy wings as it is current and what it would be with transparency using a design I was working on earlier.

Current

Transparency
Carrotbae
Level 67
Fancy Pants
Threads: 158
Posted: 1/29/2017 at 12:26 PM Post #7
Definite Support!

My poor mischief puff gene is missing a lot of details because of the wings. :c
Edited By Carrotbae on 1/29/2017 at 12:27 PM.
AtomicBomb354
Level 61
Threads: 4
Posted: 1/29/2017 at 12:44 PM Post #8
Support!

I love Puffs with the feathered wings, but unfortunately the new ones take up so much space that it ruins the genes behind it. For example:

So many of my other Puffs have the same problem. I absolutely adore the patterns, but not being able to see them kind of takes away from their appearance.
Malas120
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 174
Posted: 1/29/2017 at 1:01 PM Post #9
Total support on this.It's like Nixi's all over again. -_-

#BringSmallFeatheredWingsBack XD
WingsOfAmber
Level 75
The Majestic
Threads: 34
Posted: 1/29/2017 at 3:41 PM Post #10
I must agree. I defiently preferred the smaller wings, since they didn't cover so much of the Puff. Still gotta thank the artist for the amazing amount of detail on the new wings. I also like the idea of transparent fairy wings! The examples shown here look really cool.

Sorry if I started rambling.
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.