Forum Index > News and Announcements > 2016 Winter Festival - Snow Wars
Page 2 1, 2, 3... 22, 23, 24 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
GloriAnne
Level 70
Adept Gladiator
Threads: 13
Posted: 1/10/2017 at 2:39 PM Post #11
Every time I play an AI game.... after I place my units, do boosts, then hit the "Play Game" button, the site locks up and the page sits for about 5 minutes before it loads the game and I can start playing (just like when I get a 503 error).

Does this mean I can never play against another person? Because it will always time out on me?
Luxa
Level 75
Threads: 85
Posted: 1/10/2017 at 2:41 PM Post #12
My one complaint is an opent has 0 guys, i have one, and they appear to have left the game. I have to wait 30 sec, skip my turn for cooldown, wait another 30 sec, skip my turn, wait another 30 sec, skip for cool down, wait 30 sec, shoot at thier castle one, wait 30 sec , ect. this game has been going on 10 minutes, and i've been watching for over half of that.
GloriAnne
Level 70
Adept Gladiator
Posted: 1/10/2017 at 2:49 PM Post #13
Just had to skip my turn.... on hitting the Confirm button on the pop up, it once again locked everything up. So apparently its not just on the Start Game button.
Galaxis
Level 65
Trickster
Threads: 29
Posted: 1/10/2017 at 2:59 PM Post #14
I think there was something wrong with my game. I played a ranked and the opponent boosted some of their units (cannon, cavalry and infantry if I remember correctly).
First, the game was like he didn't even place anything - waiting full 3 minutes and then loading a map. But maybe that was just the opponent started in the last second.
But then, the game was showing me like he doesn't do anything. Waiting 35 seconds, then "refreshing" itself and heeey, apparently he DID move but the game didn't show me that now it's my turn.
It happened several times. I had to refresh the site myself to see if it's my turn and sometimes I think even this doesn't work (I got lost a little what's going on).
After several turns it worked well to the end.
Will need another match with boosted units to see if this happen again.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 1/10/2017 at 3:06 PM Post #15
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=42634&page=2#11
Author: GloriAnne
Time Posted: 1/10/2017 at 2:39 PM
Every time I play an AI game.... after I place my units, do boosts, then hit the "Play Game" button, the site locks up and the page sits for about 5 minutes before it loads the game and I can start playing (just like when I get a 503 error).

Does this mean I can never play against another person? Because it will always time out on me?

I'm sorry that you're having that issue.

I saw your post in the stickied Bug Report forum, but I haven't had much of a chance to investigate any further.

I never was able to figure out why that happens to some players and through some features. And even having just coded Snow Wars from scratch, I have absolutely no idea what would cause a simple Ajax or Post submit to respond that way.

When I get a chance, I can try and investigate and see if I can figure anything else. But I still have absolutely no idea why it happens. =(

In regards to playing against another player, yes, that wouldn't work if you're getting 5 minute time outs between submissions I'm afraid.
Edited By Krinadon on 1/10/2017 at 3:07 PM.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 1/10/2017 at 3:09 PM Post #16
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=42634&page=2#14
Author: Galaxis
Time Posted: 1/10/2017 at 2:59 PM
I think there was something wrong with my game. I played a ranked and the opponent boosted some of their units (cannon, cavalry and infantry if I remember correctly).
First, the game was like he didn't even place anything - waiting full 3 minutes and then loading a map. But maybe that was just the opponent started in the last second.
But then, the game was showing me like he doesn't do anything. Waiting 35 seconds, then "refreshing" itself and heeey, apparently he DID move but the game didn't show me that now it's my turn.
It happened several times. I had to refresh the site myself to see if it's my turn and sometimes I think even this doesn't work (I got lost a little what's going on).
After several turns it worked well to the end.
Will need another match with boosted units to see if this happen again.

I'm not sure what would cause all of that wonkiness.

But one thing I do plan on doing is adjusting how the Turn Timer starts. Right now, your Turn Timer begins immediately after the other player takes their turn - essentially before the page even updates for you.

I want to change it where there's like a 5-10 seconds 'delay' where it sends the update to you first and then once you load the update - then the Turn Timer for your Turn begins. That way it's based on the player receiving the update and not based on the other player.

Additionally, I will have to add something where if a player has their turn skipped too many times in a row, they automatically forfeit or something to that effect to prevent that situation from happening.
Theafy
Level 75
Snow Wars Champion
Threads: 58
Posted: 1/10/2017 at 3:15 PM Post #17
Thanks you for your hard work Krin! Snow Wars is very fun--I'm already enjoying even playing only a couple times!
GloriAnne
Level 70
Adept Gladiator
Posted: 1/10/2017 at 3:21 PM Post #18
Thank you for looking into it :) I can still play against the computer, so I will just stick to that for now.
Galaxis
Level 65
Trickster
Threads: 29
Posted: 1/10/2017 at 3:33 PM Post #19
Nice. I saw there are many things you planned to add, so I think it will probably just repair itself - if it even is a bug, not some kind of problems from my side :)
Taptothebeat
Level 71
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 212
Posted: 1/10/2017 at 4:15 PM Post #20
@Krinadon
Hi! I've played the game three times now. Twice against an AI and once against a person (ranked). I like it a lot c:

1. My main problem at the moment is the condition to win. Currently one has to destroy the opponents fort. I think instead the game's winner should be decided by whose fort has more health at the end of the game. Currently both forts being alive results in a draw.

For my reasoning behind this, here are some screenshots of my one game against the person, where I was decimating them despite their having 4+ boosted units and my having none, but it ended in a draw.

It feels like this should be winnable? But it isn't. :c

2. Also might want to add an option that when someone has no more moveable units the other person wins? Or something along those lines, as the game gets tedious when the other persons units have all died and having to wait for each other to skip turns.

3. Other than that, a suggestion for what would be nice, is some type of alert when the opponent skips their turn. It's hard to notice, since I'm looking for board movement after my turn. (My screen isn't large enough to show both the timer up top and the entire board so it's a bit harder for me in particular. My screen is 1440 x 900 -- size of a 13" macbook air)
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 22, 23, 24
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.