Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > Vulnyx Vagabonds
Page 80 1, 2, 3... 79, 80, 81... 129, 130, 131 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Shiraishi
Level 60
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 8
Posted: 5/29/2017 at 10:50 AM Post #791
Because I think I remember hearing differently xD I just wanna check on this! That's all.
Lokiarti
Level 61
Threads: 107
Posted: 5/29/2017 at 10:53 AM Post #792
well, you can just search enhanced/mystical generated non-fabled and see if I'm wrong.
(but I am not >w<)
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 434
Posted: 5/29/2017 at 11:17 AM Post #793
1: For the most efficient method cost-wise, get the visibles cleared first. (You can start whenever, technically, but there will probably be 20-50 or even more prismatic philters utterly wasted on no-trait eggs when you start out so I don't recommend it. If you end up with all maxed stats and no traits left in the project, well... then you have no traits. And breeding back IN the traits with low-stat pets will mean losing your stats to boost the visibles. So yeah, visibles first so you don't have to go back and forth on the pricey philter use.)

2: At bare minimum you can technically get away with about 12-15 prismatic phitlers, but you'll have to play the odds at each and every generation by using only ONE breeder with your highest tier of stats (ie, 200, 400, 600, 800, and so on) and then only philter ONE more highest tier breeder from their offspring for the next generation. It'd take multiple attempts to get your stats up on the high end, and dealing with the breedability of pets would be an utter pain in the butt. I only recommend this if you're sparse for funds and you have years to work on the project. You'll also be pretty limited on trait variance unless you invest more time into playing the odds for an offspring that happens to acquire good stats from a high stat parent bred with a low stat parent.

It's possible, as my first Lunar Dreamer breeder can attest with his maxed stats mother and 466 hp and 40-50's range stats father. Out of several eggs one of them happened to have health in the 1800s and stats in the 80-90's, so one prismatic philter and some helpful nurtures was all it took to get the Lunar Restricted Traits up to max. Still stuck as recessives, but that golden boy was a miraculous stroke of luck.

To make a project relatively easy, 20-30 prismatic philters will do. Rather than only boosting one pet for stats, you can pick two from every generation; just make sure to breed for breedability. (Ie, use one male and female combination for one offspring, and another male and female combination for the second; and use as many females as is needed to get one close to the highest tier of stats. This ensures that you always have two high-stats pets for breeding the next generation, and once again just boost one offspring from each top-statter with a philter and repeat the cycle.)

If you're going for multiple traits... well... that gets more complicated and depends on how many traits you've got to boost. I usually go through about 40-50 philters for a project that includes all traits, sometimes up to like... 70 if the species happens to have 50 traits or more and the offspring results play mean with recessives... but I'm ambitious and a little insane! :D

3: NON-fabled pets can only max out at 100 mana. Tamed pets of the species will have 80 base mana, regular generated pets will come with 90 mana, Enhanced/Mystical Essences and Exclusive pets will come with 100 base mana.

FABLED pets can max out at 120 base mana. Tamed of fabled pets will have 100 base mana by default; regular generated will have 110 base mana, while Enhanced/MysticalEssences and Exclusives will have 120.
Edited By Xavion on 5/29/2017 at 11:19 AM.
Shiraishi
Level 60
Warden of Umbra
Posted: 5/29/2017 at 11:23 AM Post #794
Xav, bless your soul for patiently explaning everything <3 It's super helpful to know!
And sorry Loki, I must've misread the mana thing then ; v ; I did also check and yeah, you were right. As said, sorry, must've misread. >_< But *points up* Should clear up everything you may have still wanted to know :D So you can just tell me your plans and I'll help supply as I can~
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Posted: 5/29/2017 at 11:27 AM Post #795
Any time! Just let me know if there are any other questions I can help with!

(And that goes for you too, Loki :) )
Lokiarti
Level 61
Posted: 5/29/2017 at 12:31 PM Post #796
@Xavion:
thanks for the explanations, Xav. ^w^ so I should aim at getting 6-vis with 120 mana first, and then I start using prismas. well, I guess that gives me a couple of months to gather enough of those. >w< (I've also checked your breeding guide once again - I'll probably will be visiting it a lot when I actually start maxing out the stats of my cats)

@Shiraishi
thanks for you as well, for bringing an expert to explain us how to do stuff :D
and no worries, I can get a bit too stubborn when proving something I'm certain about. good thing I'm not certain about too many things... =w=
looks like we have a couple of months to gather the needed prismas, while I try and breed 6-vis (with 120 mana, obviously, but still I have to keep an eye on that). or maybe even more than a couple, but I'll probably use some pies on my cats in order to make them fat grow up faster (and also fat). I shall breed all my 6-vis with those two 120 mana guys I found, that'll probably take another ~3 days (while I wait for some of them to recover) and give me more 120 mana eggs with some nice carries. and then, pies. and then, more breeding to get 6-vis. and then max stat. and then dye the final pair(s). man, it sounds so easy, but I feel I'm gonna mess it all up really badly. :D
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Posted: 5/29/2017 at 12:58 PM Post #797
If you're talking about Vulnyxes, they can only cap out at 100 mana.

Sadly the only way to raise mana currently is by breeding. (>.> I have poked Krin once or twice about a mana philter in the distant future, so... maybe that will change in a year or two?) For now, you'll have to find a Vulnyx with 100 base mana (you have one! :D) and breed it to anything it can get its paws on to gradually, slowly, boost the mana.

The offspring's results will be anywhere between the two parents' base mana stat, but in my experience... mana has been the most stubborn... (Try three generations worth of breeding Aeridini with 119 and 120 mana, and STILL only getting 119 for the desired trait, or getting 120 when the WRONG trait passes... it took nearly 20 attempts with at least three different females over a few months... so be ready for a struggle if you plan on keeping your current low-mana pets!)

AriDae has a few 6-vis with maxed mana for sale as well so I would recommend grabbing a couple of males to help you with the breedability; at least one more will ensure that maleA's offspring can breed with maleB, and maleB's offspring can breed with maleA.

https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=2995158
https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=2995157
https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=3077531

(Females aren't as important since they can only bred once every three days, whereas the males can help boost hundreds in a day for a better chance at getting 100 mana.)

Another side-tip. Hatching your eggs yourself will boost their health by 20 points (rather than letting time hatch them where nothing is boosted, or choosing to let them hatch while on their profile page which boosts their lowest stat by like... a few tiny little points...) Boosting health helps in the long run since currently, there is no other way to increase a pet's health other than prismatic philters. Nurtures can boost your regular stats anyway so it isn't as vital.
Shiraishi
Level 60
Warden of Umbra
Posted: 5/29/2017 at 1:05 PM Post #798
"If you're talking about Vulnyxes, they can only cap out at 100 mana."

Actually...
(Loki mentioned these before, thought I should link one :D)
Four star wild Vuls have 120 mana :D
Shiraishi
Level 60
Warden of Umbra
Posted: 5/29/2017 at 1:06 PM Post #799
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=41549&page=80#798
Author: Shiraishi
Time Posted: 5/29/2017 at 1:05 PM
"If you're talking about Vulnyxes, they can only cap out at 100 mana."

Actually...
(Loki mentioned these before, thought I should link one :D)
Four star wild Vuls have 120 mana :D

Forgot to ping >_<
Lokiarti
Level 61
Posted: 5/29/2017 at 1:08 PM Post #800
...you might want to take a look at this Vul of mine then. >w< or, more important, on its father, who is tamed 4-star apparently (those ones rarely appear on raids).

but thanks for taking your time. ^w^ I really appreciate that you care this much about me and my projects. I shall offer you a free offspring from my max stat Vuls if I ever finish them.

yep, actually I've been hatching my eggs by helping them (= getting HP boost) from the beginning, having no idea what I was doing. :D but this habit turned out to be good, when I learned about philters and the fact that only prismas can add HP to the pet.

edit: poor Xav is getting two "you're wrong" pings now. sorry. QwQ
Edited By Lokiarti on 5/29/2017 at 1:09 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 79, 80, 81... 129, 130, 131
This Page loaded in 0.018 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.