Players 2,407 367
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,242,961 1,762
Generated 656,182 12
Captured 1,190,474 65
Bred 6,396,210 1,685
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > FOOD LOVERS UNITE!
Page 2 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
AliceHearts
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 248
Posted: 11/21/2016 at 3:48 AM Post #11
sounds like fun^^ althow i would have to remember to take pickters (withs i 11 out of 10 times forget :P)
Nightbane
Level 75
Knight
Threads: 288
Posted: 11/21/2016 at 8:38 AM Post #12
Thanks, and okay
Fox
Level 75
Master Sylestiologist
Threads: 398
Posted: 11/23/2016 at 8:54 PM Post #13
Dinner tonight:

Spicy tomato beef stroganoff.

Cook ground beef (or strips of steak) in a pot with butter/oil. When fully cooked add water to the same pot. When it boils add these ingredients:
Favourite spices. I added curry powder, garlic, sriracha and crushed chilli flakes.
A little bit of tomato paste (not sauce, paste). A little goes a long way.
Add a tiny bit of flour to thicken.
Add the macaroni or egg noodles.

Cover with a lid and when the noodles are cooked it's done.

Optional ingredient: Add a small spoonful of sour cream or milk to make slightly creamier. I'm too poor for that so I didn't add it. It is just as good without.

I made a single serving so the measurements are pretty small. 1 cup water, 1/2 cup macaroni, 1/2 cup beef, tsp spices, 2 tsp flour, 2 tsp tomato paste.

Everyone has their own recipe but stroganoff is typically made with beef, egg noodles, sour cream, garlic/onion, butter, flour and beef stock. Same process as above. You basically cook the meat then throw everything else in! Very easy.
Nightbane
Level 75
Knight
Posted: 11/23/2016 at 10:21 PM Post #14
looks delicious
Fox
Level 75
Master Sylestiologist
Posted: 2/4/2017 at 5:19 PM Post #15
Sad to see this is dead, so I'll post. xD I forgot to take a picture but I've made a "poor people's celery soup".

I wasn't sure how it would turn out. I had some celery pieces that aren't good for eating as-is (leaves, gross stems) so I decided to attempt making a celery stock out of it.

I just boiled the heck out of the pieces, then added pepper, salt, garlic powder, onion powder (real onions would be better), curry powder (super tiny bit), red chilli flakes (for some heat), lemon juice and a bit of butter. Let that simmer for a bit and then I picked out the leaves and blended the remaining celery stocks. It turned into a nice mushy celery paste. I added the paste back into the stock and continued to simmer.

I tasted a spoonful and it was pretty good so I made a soup out of it by adding some macaroni and frozen peas and corn.

I think I added a bit too much salt and pepper but overall it was actually really good for such a basic, kind of gross sounding thing. Also you could turn it into cream of celery soup by adding cream and reducing the amount of water to like... none or very little... which would probably be tastier but I don't have cream or milk. I had coconut milk and was debating on using that but I have other plans for it. xD
Fox
Level 75
Master Sylestiologist
Posted: 2/8/2017 at 4:59 PM Post #16
My roommate gave me one of his mother's recipes to try. This is the second time making it and we were out of milk so I tried sour cream and it is even better this time.

Creamy Tuna Pasta

1 can cream of mushroom soup
chopped onion
salt, pepper.. duh
chopped broccoli (frozen)
1 can of flaked/chunks of tuna
2 cups of pasta (I used penne)
2 dollops of sour cream OR 1/2 cup of milk
1/2 cup of water
2 tbs of flour to thicken

1. Boil pasta, onion and broccoli together until pasta is cooked.
2. Drain and then put back into the pot.
3. Add soup, tuna, sour cream/milk, water and let cook.
4. Add flour to thicken. You may need to add less or more depending on how thick you'd like it.
5. You can add some butter/margarine as well to add to the creaminess but it's not required.

You can use any frozen vegetables you like but broccoli is best. My modifications were adding water, flour and using sour cream instead of milk, otherwise this is an old family recipe from my roommate. It would probably be good if turned into a casserole as well and baked with cheese on top... but I don't like cheese. :P

I would imagine tons of variations of this would be good. Cream of chicken + chicken instead of cream of mushroom + tuna. Cream of broccoli instead of mushroom. Maybe adding a bit of tomato paste to give it acidity. Salmon, crab or lobster instead of tuna (if you live by the sea and those things are cheap). I can think of a lot of ways to adjust this. :O
Edited By Fox on 2/8/2017 at 5:09 PM.
Fox
Level 75
Master Sylestiologist
Posted: 2/9/2017 at 7:18 PM Post #17
Forgot to ping you twice. .-.
Nightbane
Level 75
Knight
Posted: 2/10/2017 at 2:57 AM Post #18
ohh delicious *nom nom nom*
Kyokai
Level 60
The Majestic
Threads: 53
Posted: 2/12/2017 at 9:21 PM Post #19
So my first of, hopefully, many posts, doesn't have a picture and.. isn't really cooking but.. I just have to share it.

Peanut Butter, Orange Marmalade, and Banana Sandwich!

I was making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and we were out of jelly.. .. But we had Orange Marmalade. So a thin layer of orange marmalade on one slice of bread, crunchy peanut butter on the other... Then I put sliced bananas on the peanut butter. Put them together, and I swear it was like biting into sunshine and summer.

Flavors so bright and cheerful. Wasn't too sweet like honey but sweet enough with floral notes from the orange peel.. man, this is my new favorite type of a peanut butter sandwich.

So any kids, or adults with kids, or adults who sometimes eat like kids... I strongly urge you to try this!
Nightbane
Level 75
Knight
Posted: 2/12/2017 at 11:38 PM Post #20
thats adorable *hug*
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
This Page loaded in 0.010 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.