Threads: 32
Posted: 11/22/2016 at 8:29 AM Post #12
we start in a little bit im making the roleplay thread right now
Captharleyc
Level 75
Champion
Threads: 5
Posted: 11/25/2016 at 9:12 PM Post #13
I hope it isn't too late to get in on your role play?

Mermydon

The Exiled Princeling

Story: Nearly all of his physical wounds had healed, except for a few scratches around his knees. The sea witch that found him amid the pile of adolescent corpses was exceptional at her craft, but she could do nothing for the deep psychological scars he endured from witnessing the genocide of his people. Vorpar's water sprites decimated the defenders of his home and his father, the king, with overwhelming numbers in only hours. They showed no mercy to stallion or mare after it was over slaughtering them just for fun. As for the rest, they feasted on the very young as if they were sylvorpa or mackerel and with the adolescents they made sport with them, virtually torturing them until they collapsed from exhaustion and then slew them like their parents.

Although he was a two year old colt, Mermydon had done his best to encourage his fellow schoolmates (termed like a school of fish here) and rally them to stand up to the sprites. He was their prince and he did his best to inspire hope and encourage rebellion in them to the very end. Ultimately, it was discovered that a member of the royal family was still alive so the sprites took to seeking him out from among them. Ultimately he was betrayed after they took to starving their prisoners. He was singled out and they attempted to slaughter him as well as the school herd that was hiding him as an example to the others. He was left for dead among a pile of corpses...

Three years have passed, and the young stallion is finally healed and released into the wild once again. The once spoiled princeling has had the fire knocked out of his belly, but a little ember still burns in his heart and he has never forgotten that he is the son of a king. Nor that his people were the first Sylestians slaughtered by the water elemental. He has since discovered that Vorpar has been defeated, the water sprites are roaming wild in the lakes and oceans of all Sylestia and the creature that opened the portal to let them in, still undiscovered.

Kingdom: Shaleldon, though now it is only a ruin at the bottom of the lake in Astryl's Tranquility Spoiler: Shaledon was not always a lake kingdom. Its reign lasted almost a milennia. Shaledon hailed from the northern reaches high in the mountain ranges where the fork of four rivers met from on high. Over 500 years ago, King Draconag, had decided to move his kingdom south after a great war with the Kelparie kingdom of Hallenjax over mackerel rights in the lee marshes that formed in the delta of two of the mountain forks. Both kingdoms were nearly equally matched and there was little hope for victory on either side. Both kings attempted to form a truce through the arrangement of the Shaledon prince and the Hallenjax princess, to try and end hostility and form an alliance. Unfortunately the princess disappeared en route to Shaledon to be wed. Noone knows what happened or why! Known history in Shaledon claims that Hallenjax blamed the Shalenites of treachery! The war went on with renewed hatred and ultimately Shaledon prevailed. Despite the vistory, Shaledon paid so high a toll in natural resources, that the location could no longer support them. So the entire realm moved downstream and over the cascades to start anew in the lake on Astryl's Taranquility. The tale also prophetically foretells that one day the princess will arrive in Shaledon to honor the arrangement and marry the heir of Shaledon. But it's just a story, right? Nevertheless, it's been virtually impossible for the Shaleonites to prove the history for the past century or two, since beyond the cascades a great dam has been built that prevents them from returning to the four river forks to learn if there is any truth to it or not.

Personality: Truly he is noble and brave, but his courage has been shaken and his spirit just short of broken to his core. He no longer titles himself as a prince, somehow seeing himself unworthy of the title. He feels robbed of his vengeance and has focused his attentions to moving on and rebuilding his life. Though the merest hope of seeking revenge for his family and people will kindle an avenging spirit within him.

Love interest? Mermydon had a crush akin to his first interest in love. Thankfully she was not among the school that was slaughtered. But he has forgotten her name and only the vaguest memory of what she looked like. He doesn't know if she survived or not. Spoiler: He is attempting to honor the betrothal to Princess Kanakwella of Hallenjax; who is only 13 seasons old. However, his essence has been mingled with the essence of another mare, Meara the healer. Neither is fully aware that they have been affected yet, but the longer they go without their essences healing, the stronger their desire to one another may grow...
Edited By Harleyc on 3/2/2017 at 12:00 PM.
Charzard
Level 60
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 11/26/2016 at 5:57 AM Post #14
Welcome to the roleplay!
Captharleyc
Level 75
Champion
Posted: 11/26/2016 at 9:05 AM Post #15
Thanks for the permission, hope to have a fun experience with all of you. Fair warning, the following comments are my personal standards for my posts only and are not intended to be forced on other players. I tend to make posts when I roleplay that are at least a paragraph or three, that generally broken down into the followig:

First paragraph, usually describes the scene from the characters point of view via the five senses.

Second paragraph, usually more, has been updated to be broken by 150 px, character images rather than quotes (they don't work as well here) from other characters and NPCs (non-player characters) to help everyone understand who and what Mermydon is responding to. Since this can create a sense of projecting his actions before they have happened, actions may be sprinkled within these; but not often. Fair warning, "I also incorporate bold color text for spoken parts." Some folks find that a little distracting, so I apologize in advance for this, but I do it so players can find what part of the post applies to their character so they don't get bogged down at reading my whole post if it isn't necessary for them. I do this for all character quotes, including when quoting someone else (normally I will use the majority color of the PC, and orange as default for NPCs. If that is used by a PC I will change that color and make an OOC, out of character, double parenthetical post in the role play). If the color is a little off its because I darkened it for easier reading. So for now I intend to post a list and update it for new PCs, I hope, hexadecimal codes included if you would like to use them too:

Heroine, #F80C06
Grim Rose, #1A2246
Aleria, #175B07
Mwindo, #A1824E
Diego, #3C794B
Mermydon, #0DA5E4
Red, #681509
Kanakwella, #6A5670
Weir, #D44178
Geb, #665331
Meara, #4F0C0C
Dhuka, #918C61
Raka, #990C0C
Kipper, #F257D6
non-player characters, #FF6600

The third, or final, paragraph, is my primary action / reaction paragraph describing how the character responds or reacts and usually describes some tell tale behavior to help hint at his feelings and mood. This is the one you really should read if you are just into the action role-play genre.

Anyway, if you've read all of this, thanks for putting up with me. ^_^
Edited By Harleyc on 2/15/2017 at 12:55 PM.
Charzard
Level 60
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 11/26/2016 at 9:07 AM Post #16
oops my zolnixis name is heroine
Captharleyc
Level 75
Champion
Posted: 11/26/2016 at 9:14 AM Post #17
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=40985&page=2#16
Author: Charzard
Time Posted: 11/26/2016 at 9:07 AM
oops my zolnixis name is heroine

Easily fixed, as well as Grim Rose now that I am catching up with the story.
Edited By Harleyc on 11/26/2016 at 9:14 AM.
Charzard
Level 60
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 11/26/2016 at 9:41 AM Post #18
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=40985&page=2#17
Author: Captharleyc
Time Posted: 11/26/2016 at 9:14 AM
[quote=727054]

Easily fixed, as well as Grim Rose now that I am catching up with the story.
Quoting a quote ;P
Captharleyc
Level 75
Champion
Posted: 11/26/2016 at 9:46 AM Post #19
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=40985&page=2#18
Author: Charzard
Time Posted: 11/26/2016 at 9:41 AM
[quote=727058] Quoting a quote ;P

It's a bit different from most BBcodes, I'll figure it out as we go along.
Captharleyc
Level 75
Champion
Posted: 11/26/2016 at 10:07 AM Post #20
bb test failed.
Edited By Harleyc on 11/26/2016 at 10:13 AM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 28, 29, 30
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.