Players 2,460 401
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,229,929 1,283
Generated 655,780 86
Captured 1,189,522 125
Bred 6,384,535 1,072
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Suggestion Box > Making Tagged Pets so they can't be...
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Foxypuff
Level 70
The Tender
Threads: 23
Posted: 11/17/2016 at 4:10 PM Post #1
I've noticed that some people would dye tagged pets, whether they'd be themed found in the fest zone or exclusives, and it really destroys the concept. Especially if one has worked hard to choose the colours for the theme, only for someone to change a colour. This is why I think that they should not be dyed, but in the site revamp. People can still dye any offspring that come from them, of course. I'm aware that people can do what they want with their pet, but still.
Taptothebeat
Level 71
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 212
Posted: 11/17/2016 at 4:15 PM Post #2
I support this.

It seems that Themed have completely evolved since their creation into something particularly special. As such, they should be treated differently from 'regular pets'.
Edited By Taptothebeat on 11/17/2016 at 4:15 PM.
Carrotbae
Level 67
Fancy Pants
Threads: 158
Posted: 11/18/2016 at 4:49 PM Post #3
I see both sides to this.

I don't like dyed themed pets. Takes all value away from them to be sold.

But... It should be my choice what I do with my pet. If I want to dye it, I should be able too. Specially with some themes being worthless.

Lets say I find a cheap common theme, has the traits I need for another project or something. I should be able to dye it so I can use it for repeated breeding.

------------------------------------------
I wouldn't personally dye a theme, but it should be the pet owners choice. I think about it like what Krin posted a few months ago, and how he said once some buys a pet from you, you have no choice what they do with it. It doesn't matter if they dye it, release it, sell it, gift it, etc., unless there is some written contract.
Imperium
Level 75
Guardian
Threads: 386
Posted: 11/18/2016 at 6:14 PM Post #4
Sorry, no support here.

While I've never dyed a tagged pet myself, I have been tempted to use dyes to fix colors on old tagged pets that have color swings. There's also the possibility of dying colors to match an updated themed's colors.

For example I have a legendary Tiger Lily Aeridini from the first year they were released, however during the second year they were available their colors were edited a bit. What if I as a user wanted to dye it so that I could match the new colors if I liked the new palette better?

>

The same goes for if I wanted to go and fix my glitched Sweet Pumpkin Faelora that ended up with all black in her mutation and trait slots.
Taptothebeat
Level 71
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 212
Posted: 11/18/2016 at 6:33 PM Post #5
@Imperium,

I guess for me, I was thinking along the lines of, "What defines a themed pet?" Is it the tag that says something like Spiced Apple Sylvorpa, or is it the tag + the colors that make it themed.

I could be wrong, but with how Sylestia has evolved over the past few years, "themed breeding projects" etc., the definition of a themed seems to have shaped into the latter throughout the community? And at least under the latter definition, a tagged with drastically changed colors feels more like a "bug" to me.

Well, even though I support it for consistency towards the definition of a themed pet, I'm not particularly strongly one way or another as I don't think the change would affect the game much as people already don't dye themed for the most part.

- - - -

Interestingly enough your example has using dyes to keep a pet more true to the theme rather than going away from the colors of the theme; something that I did not think to address!

Perhaps for out-of-date themed pets there should be a way to "upgrade" to the newer colors without using a dye, regardless of this issue on whether one can dye a themed or not?
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 434
Posted: 11/20/2016 at 9:18 AM Post #6
I actually suggested this myself a long, long time ago. And while I still stand by it... *shrugs* This is why we have the Dye Markers now.

It was seen as the best 'median' option. Back then, there wasn't a way to know it a themed pet had been dyed at all, which led to a lot of weird, funky, ugly colors in one of the themed pet lineages when those themed pets were put up for public breeding. (From a smooth gray, to weird grey-ish purple-y pink colors. And so many people didn't understand why their project was looking so different from the theme itself.)

So overall... I've still got mixed feelings on it. As it stands I could take a Spell Caster Zolnixi and dye it to the colors of a Samhain Bonfire Zolnixi. Would it still be a Spell Caster? Not in my opinion. But the tag would still be there. *shrugs*

On Imperium's comment, though, I do wish there was a way to dye pets to a different swing of the theme. Like a special "Themed Pet Dye" with a lesser version for one slot of choice, and greater version for an all-colors fix. Shuffles a themed pet's colors to another range of the theme's color swing, or upgrades it to the new colors when a theme is revamped. And this girl is why; she has VISIBLE Shock Runes, but you can't see it. Still, I don't want to put the dye mark on her for trying to fix it. :(
Edited By Xavion on 11/20/2016 at 9:25 AM.
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 11/21/2016 at 6:35 PM Post #7
I was going to suggest something a while back regarding a philter that rerolls the swings of a theme's colors but kept thinking of problems that could be associated with it and never posted. Like any theme with multiple color variations, would the info still be available in the site to know what exactly is the right colors to select from with the older versions? Then I thought what about if it would just be exclusives, but it was pointed out to me that there's exclusives of normally wild caught themes, too. If there could be a philter that rerolls the color swing for themes though, it'd be nice if it would remove any dye indicators already on the pet since I think it'd be more of returning it to how it was.
Kitzune
Level 60
Threads: 60
Posted: 11/22/2016 at 12:43 AM Post #8
Ok it's really irritating when people start whining about things like this. People should be able to do what they want regardless of whether or not the pet is tagged or theamed. If you don't like it then don't buy or breed with the pet! Some of the colors look dumb or don't even show up. Changing a color can make such a huge difference and usually is an improvement. It also makes that pet all the more valuable because it's one of a kind. Let people have fun. Change the colors if you want. It's a GAME.
Edited By Kitzune on 11/22/2016 at 12:44 AM.
Banzai
Level 75
High Warlord
Threads: 32
Posted: 11/24/2016 at 3:23 AM Post #9
I agree with the post above. It is only a game. People really cannot complain about the themed pets being dyed a different color. It just makes you look funny towards everyone else. Not to be rude or anything, it's meant to be a game where other users can have fun, not some kind of gaming prison where people are not allowed to do what they want with their pets. Just because it's themed, it doesn't make the pet special. It is tagged and that's all.

People can dye the pet whatever color they want. Other users have no control over it even if they panted their themed pet yellow and red with brown mutations colored. I mean, I can care less though I do not dye my themed pets because it's a waste of time for me. But if people dye them, they dye them.

There is nothing you can do to stop a user from dying their themed pet. Even if you sell it and someone buys it, you cannot boss that user around and say: Hey, do not dye that pet! It's themed and you'll mess it all up! No!

Also, Krin stated in the rules about that when it came to buying people's pets that they sell. I think it was along the lines of: Do not tell users to play the game your way such as telling the user not to dye a pet or they cannot buy from your stables again.

I wish I had a link to that thread, but that was such a long time ago.

So long story short, people can play how they want, it's only a game. It's not like the pets are real and walk around you when you eat, sleep, go to work, etc.

That's all I have to say about it, so no support for me.
Edited By Banzai on 11/24/2016 at 3:26 AM.
Terrakittens
Level 36
Threads: 48
Posted: 11/25/2016 at 9:53 PM Post #10
I think people should be able to dye their pets how they want. say I hate the colors on my themed pet and I cant re-dye it. I get angry and transfer it, and I miss it. and its all because I couldn't make her/him pretty. or lets say that I want a pet that looks like say, its a black and gray vulnyx. I LOVE the blue and orange sylvorpa's colors. Wouldn't a lookalike be AWESOME! that would also mess up someone in mid project making a purebred sylesti. just my opinions on the matter
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.