Echosing
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 49
Posted: 9/24/2021 at 3:21 PM Post #121
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=40578&page=12#115
Author: Echosing
Time Posted: 9/1/2021 at 11:10 PM

Out on a job rn, good ol 13 hour drive yall I'm ready to go home - tbh not feeling super but wanted to draw and really didnt have the motivation to use more effort to get my tablet or try much so just used my mouse for the 2nd half of this wip
Dunno where I'm going with this piece but got in the mood to draw these characters/explore them a bit more and easier to draw designs

so btw the way I learned how to draw hair was that my amazing artist friend told me that as long as you know how to draw grass you can draw hair
Echosing
Level 75
Trickster
Posted: 10/4/2021 at 4:53 PM Post #122
Echosing
Level 75
Trickster
Posted: 10/12/2021 at 3:06 AM Post #123

made myself something for pokefarm ^^
quick piece because I needed a break from my bigger project of practicing action and movement posing
Edited By Echosing on 3/10/2024 at 9:07 PM.
Echosing
Level 75
Trickster
Posted: 10/17/2021 at 3:34 PM Post #124

im actually really happy with this piece ;;

'lil preview of my action and pose sheet since I've not had much time to draw anything new recently including this practice sheet
Edited By Echosing on 3/10/2024 at 9:07 PM.
Echosing
Level 75
Trickster
Posted: 11/10/2021 at 8:23 PM Post #125

Initial sketch for idea base

pose clean-up and changes

finished, characters belong to Noha
Echosing
Level 75
Trickster
Posted: 11/13/2021 at 11:01 PM Post #126
Too late to attempt anything for the contests but since I still had the bases saved wanted to try doing the thing anyway since it always looked fun and my first attempt going over the bases years ago was horrendous:

The idea is these are head pieces? Feathers either part of or put to a different layer if too much because honestly I did probably do way too much for a singular item piece - having fun messing around though

EDIT:
was intending to be more eastern dragon-esk but drew some ears and just combined them with the horns since the horns felt too bare?

Intended as head and tail pieces
Edited By Echosing on 11/14/2021 at 1:51 AM.
Echosing
Level 75
Trickster
Posted: 12/15/2021 at 1:58 AM Post #127

Not the best with line art/don't like spending time in that area of drawing but trying to make it nice for once before going back to not caring about it again

On another note yall ever have characters you love and their story and lore comes so simply to you and yet if you ever try drawing ANYTHING for them you immediately go braindead?
I face a constant battle of wanting to advance my art that I cant retain a style and yet I want to draw advanced ideas of the non static and expressive kind that is made harder when the art is alWAYS EXPERIMENTAL
Anyways these two got a major backstory rework and some major interaction and social changes - nothing new for them tbh but dang.

Anyway my demon character now has backstory too rather than only being important because of his relationship to the antagonist(angel). Demon's usually take on the form of different natural animals, since Gaia is a dragon he disguises as a buck. Gaia and Kennsu were born and met each other during medieval times. Gaia is majorly injured on a hunt and is found by Kennsu who is a human teenager at this time. Feeling bad for the animal, Kennsu waits the buck out for a week before finally being allowed close enough to help the demon. This creates a connection and a reason for the demon to begin following Kennsu around and be interested in what he's up to. Kennsu notices the animal follows him around but ignores the deer to allow the oddly emotional animal some face since Kennsu wouldn't put it past the buck to be prideful. Eventually Kennsu grows up and takes over as priest for the local church where he now spends most of his time in town - forcing the demon to move into the church's garden to continue interacting with the human.
One day the kings men attack the town and seek out the priest for reasons unknown but concerning enough to the captive towns people that they make a ruckus. The demon is staying in hell for the winter season so doesn't realize what is going on. The guard make their way into the church and find the priest trying to hide some of the towns folk from the aggressive armed forced.
They begin to torture the priest, for no other reason than that they can. They want to break his spirit, they want him to become a unfeeling doll, someone they can turn into a weapon of mass destruction. There is a prophesy that a man of god will bring the end of the world and they have thus been taking interest and killing every priest along the way. They falsely believe they can harness this power and defy fate's hand that would have the world end. And if they happen to kill the person intended to end the world that's not so bad either.
One day they bring in some of the church goers and present Kennsu with an option. He must chose which of his people must die, and if not, more will die. They pass him a gun, and let him know there is only one bullet. His captors wear heavy armor, and make sure he knows it.

Non summarized mentions of Suicide and Violence past this point

"You get to chose," and the man expressively flourishes his hand towards the captive people on the ground as is they were a great attraction, "which one of these people will die."
Kennsu feels his numb hand grabbed as a solid weight is pressed into the meat of his palm.
His fingers are forced around the object that once lifted before his face he knows is a gun.
"Now there is but one bullet in the weapon, so chose wisely and know this," the man looms from behind his slouched body with a bruising grip on his right shoulder, hot breath touches the left side of his face, "there is no way you can escape with this weapon. Even if you somehow managed to hurt one of us," he lazily gestures to his heavily armored men, "there is only one bullet, and there are many of us. And you don't want us to be mad, after all - we've been in a good mood - so just imagine if you made us angry."
The hand leaves his shoulder and the man steps away from the priest, allowing him space to think.
He reminds Kennsu one last time, "there's no escaping with that gun, only the choice of who you will kill with it."
The people on the ground recognize their young priest, and although afraid for their selves see his mangled and bloody body and can only feel a rising anger in their hearts. Although they want to speak, to tell Kennsu things will be okay, they are gagged and can only bitterly feel their emotions inside.
Kennsu see's his people on the ground, memory tells him they are the kind woman of words who often visited the church. He wants to care more, bleakly realizes he doesn't. There is a gun in his hands, and a bullet in the barrel. He knows this was meant to break him, but his captors have not realized he is already broken.
He feels the weight of the gun in his hand as he lifts it and recalls his captor's words, "there's no escaping with that gun, only the choice of who you will kill with it."
Before anyone can react Kennsu falls, his lifeless body still stuck on the chair from where his ankles were tied to the legs and his chest held up by the ropes around his torso. A trail of blood sluggishly drips from his head onto the compact dirt floor and finally everyone realized what happened.
Back to summary past here
*If you read the above and have any feedback, I'd love to hear it!

Choosing to commit suicide instead, Kennsu wakes up in hell - but due to godly intervention only knows this place for barely a few hours before he is brought back to the earth in a newly divine form. Rather than feeling thankful for being brought back Kennsu despises god for not saving him sooner and allowing those people to go so far. Kennsu despises humanity for being capable of torture and inflicting pain for sport. He creates monsters as tall as mountains, harsh as rivers, terrors unseen but for descriptions in stories. Gaia realizes something is wrong when more people than usual are dying and returns to the Earth only to find Kennsu is gone. And now that Kennsu has depleted his power creating these world ending monsters he disappears from the world, assured that should he wake up he would find himself successful, and were he to not wake up that wouldn't be so bad either. Gaia cant find his friend and spends the rest of his life searching for him.
When Kennsu wakes up and starts roaming the new world born from his destruction, although Gaia finally finds him Kennsu is completely different now from who Gaia once knew. Although each encounter between the two ends up with Gaia beaten bloody, he still gets back up and begins searching for his friend all over again - wanting to save him from his self, because Kennsu taught him to feel kindness and the need to save others.
Edited By Echosing on 12/15/2021 at 2:05 AM.
Echosing
Level 75
Trickster
Posted: 12/17/2021 at 8:23 PM Post #128

got highly motivated to attempt drawing more realistic(so tried drawing my avatar) - got lucky with a nice looking first draft sketch base, don't know what to do with this sketch now that it is this far because trying to smoothen it makes it look worse, woo

Partly inspired by user Dinnerbone who drew one of my OC's really cool(they have a forum in art trades I def recommend), and partly inspired by my returning to my xxxHolic phase from when I first discovered anime because I bought animal crossing for myself and my twin sister and because I realize I can make my own clothing in the game I've been making too many robes and remembered "yo, the outfits in xxxHolic were sick" and have proceeded to just use in game clothing anyway

edit:
current progress
Edited By Echosing on 12/23/2021 at 2:39 AM.
Echosing
Level 75
Trickster
Posted: 12/26/2021 at 11:19 PM Post #129
Current progress

Shading and lighting isnt right here but just a concept layer to see if I like the idea of making the image dark/if I wanna make the attempt at shading and lighting
Echosing
Level 75
Trickster
Posted: 1/6/2022 at 11:44 PM Post #130

here's how it's currently progress is looking - being liberal with the coloring because that's more fun

EDIT: new current
Edited By Echosing on 1/7/2022 at 5:35 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.