Author Thread Post
Jillyana
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 27
Posted: 5/21/2017 at 2:04 PM Post #451
(Welp time to ping nafa again :D )

Agrona ~~ Poisonmaker master ~~ 22 ~~ currently in: DC

She looked at he girl, listening to her and her logic. Well, she cant say that sh understands it. She have always travelled since a young age and it came with her job. Having to travel to those cities and villages that the king hav a job in for her. There is more than one time she have travelled across the country simply because the head of th family wanted her to deal with a problem for the king. As the two of them walked ahead she stoped, looking at the couple. It looked nice, they seems to have fun. They seem to get along and enjoy ones a others company. Will ... will she actually fit with them? She and the girl have already clashed once already after all.

As she stood still she looked after them the distance grew larger and larger by the moment. A small shuckle left her throat before she jogged up to the small group. As she catched up she slowed down, walking on the other side of the girl compared to Ruari.

Cullyn& Amsden of the Sapling ~~ Crown Prince & King ~~ 5 & 65 ~~ Currently in RG

The room was silent, everyone giving the king their full atention and it was clear that the king enjoyed the total controll he had over the room and the people in it. With that done he gripped the cermonial sword that rested before him on the cresent table. "And thus there is only one thing I can judge you to. Hereby I sentence you two to ..." the king stopped talking as he heard a shuckle from his right side. As he turned to look at who the hell dared to shuckle at what he said he got a bit baffeld. "Cullyn?" he asked his son. "Oh truley father you must be jesting now." the child said, still shuckling a bit. "Cullyn I was beeing serious" the man said, looking at his son that had his stuffed animal in his belt. "But father surley you would never do such a mistake?" he asked with a baffled expression in his tone. "Explain your self" the king said in a chilling tone.
Hawke
Level 73
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 324
Posted: 5/22/2017 at 10:53 AM Post #452
Ruairi~23 years~DC

The man smiled as they both stood next to him. "How about you all help me come up with a song? I can play the music if you want to help come up with words to put with it." Thea shurged lightly as she continued to walk very close to the others, Sasha being the only thing keeping them apart. "Or I could teach you both to play, then you could help me at the inns." He looked to the both of them yet still got no answer from Thea. This seemed to be hard on her, the whole travled thing. He had forgotten how scary it was to travel for the first time with stranger nonetheless. "I have a flute, maybe two if I recall correctly, and of course the lute. I care not which you wish to learn."

Molly & Zarune ~ On Trial~ RG

What was he doing? It took everything in his being to stop himself from speaking out against the child. It was all his fault Molly should be free and him the one to hand for his crimes. Ever since he came to this city it's been nothing but trouble he had caused! He nearly lost his life after he almost got the prince killed, he used a spell on a guard, and failed to even begin building the temple he was sent to claim property for! He was a failure that needed to pay for his ignorance. If anything he should be put to labor building the Temple by hand then forced to serve in it. After all that was the only reason he was here.
Nafariaandulin
Level 57
Fright Master
Threads: 102
Posted: 5/22/2017 at 11:10 AM Post #453
Eldred ~ 21 ~ DC
Eldred sat on the straw bed in the spare room of the house. Pharos perched sleepily on the lamp stand. Eldred was deep in thought.
The little boy seemed scared of me... he thought. Why does everyone fear a noble? What have I ever done to make them fear me?
Pharos chirped tiredly, and then tucked his head in his wing. Eldred listened to the crickets outside, and the casual cluck of sleepy chickens.
I wish I could help these people in some way... But how? I was assigned a mission. I must complete it.
He yawned. I'll think about it more in the morning, but now I need to sleep.
Jillyana
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 5/22/2017 at 2:19 PM Post #454

She looked at the man and then the child. "I already have a profession. In the temple I was taught to be a healer. However I have always fancied the flute however father and the priestesses deemed it to be a bit to ... adult to be taught to a lady." she said with a smile. When her father had seen her with a flute, that she had simply stolen from one of her victims, she had gotten quiet a beating. Not to mention the instrument had been thrown into the fireplace. After that she had never dared to try to get her hands on a second one. But now that she is ... free from the supression of her bloodgiven name she is finally able to do so. For once she seemed genuinly intrested and exited. So far she had been calm and collected almost the entire time, ecept the part there he had found her bawling her eyes out.

Cullyn& Amsden of the Sapling ~~ Crown Prince & King ~~ 5 & 65 ~~ Currently in RG

He couldnt help but smile. So far it was simply going as planned. "First of lets start with Molly shall we?" he asked calmly. Without waiting for a respond he simply continued. "If I have not been deceived and lied to my entire life Molly is a woman. And as such she is not able to stand trail on her own. In accordance with the law a woman may never be her own. She belongs either to her father, husband or master. Thus she is not able to stand trail on her own and yet you have not sent for neither. And considering that you is her master you can not both judge and defend her, wich is why the law tells that i will act as her master for the time beeing." he said in a calm, collected manner. Molly can hate him all she want, but he will bend the laws to his likings if it means he can save her life. if it means that Molly will live on, then he will take her hate for the rest of his life. "So if that is to be so, then by the law I am to take her place. Hanging if that is what you deem to be apropriate." the child continued.

It was at this moment that the room went silent, looking at him. The council understood what the boy did not. That at this time, this werry moment the boy had started to challange his father for the throne. The child may not be old but he still weilded the laws of the land with the precission of a seasoned councilman or the king himself.

He looked up at his father with a calm smile, almost taunting his father with it. "Further more we Have Zarune, serving the horned god, Finn. In accordance with the devine laws that was given to us by Bel himself, laws that even the heavenly king of Enlil must follow a priest may never stand trail unless a council of elders from his own temple deems the crime sevear enough to do so." the child continued. "There is a exeption to every law Cullyn." the king said in a chilling tone. At the kings statement the room looked between the king and the prince, their battle may not be bloody but none the less it was a tough one.

NPC for Nafa

As they got to the farm the sun had finally forced the moon of the sky and he saw his father walk out of the small barn with a couple of goats behind him. As he saw the child with the man he got a anxious tone. Had the child done something wrong? But after a quick explenation he showed the young lord to one of the two bedrooms. Well since is son invited the man he can have his bed. So as the door was closed the child walked into the barn, laying down in the hay and falling asleep, snooring gently. With a smile the father put a blanket aove the child before starting to work on the farm once more.
Edited By Jillyana on 5/22/2017 at 2:58 PM.
Hawke
Level 73
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 5/22/2017 at 9:33 PM Post #455
Ruairi~23 years~DC

"Here you are then. And Thea...." He said handing the flutes. "I do hope you know how to play though I am willing to teach you. Thea I know that you most likely will need to be taught." He looked to the girl as she looked over the instrument clearly in wonder. "Put it to you lips, lightly now, too much force no it won't work." Carefully she did as told. "Now blow, again lightly, as you would to get a spark to light on a fire." For a few moments she went on trying to get it to work. Finally the flute gave a sound, though it was far from music. "That's it, now put on finger one the second to last hole. That changes the sound see. Just keep experimenting until you find a sound you like."

Both remained silent as they held hands in the middle of the trial room. Molly wanted to protest, her father could be there to support her, and her husband was next to her. If the king so much as struck the boy she would personally kill him. She was already dead as it was so way not take this as an opportunity?
Jillyana
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 5/25/2017 at 2:00 AM Post #456

As Ruairi talked she looked at him, listening carefully. As she tried to turn what she had just learned in theory into practicality she almost jumped into the air from surprice. She had never heard something so loud and obnoxious come from a flute. Never had she even thought that such a horrid sound would be able to come from such a frail and elegant instrument. A bit anoyed, almost as if she had been insulted by the flute she glared at it. A moment it looked almost as if she tried to set it on fire with her look alone. But slowly, a bit hessitantly she tried once more. This time a lot softer and more mellow sound was heard. At this she smiled a bit, a lot more happy with the outcome she looked a bit at the instrument again. Well two atempts, the first one beeing a horrible mistake but the second one atleast sounded good enough to not kill everyone within earshot. This will most likely take some time ... about a lifetime or so probably. Well, it is a good thing that Ruairi is the one beeing a bard rather than her to be honest. She might enjoy learning the instrument but most likely she will be best off using it as a weapon of terror if they ever do get attacked, it seems more possible that the sounds she will produce is leathal rather than something anyone would like to listen to. However, just the second try was quiet an improvement as it didnt sound like a tortured cat wich voice was amplified atleast tenfold.

The boy looked up at his father that glared at him. After taking a deep breath, as to calm down and gathering his thoughts he looked up at the king once more. "Well then, tell me the role that a king is to play." he said in a serious tone. The elderly man looked at him a while before sighing. "Cullyn I dont have time for your games" he said in a anoyed tone. "its not a game, so answer my question!" he said in a serious, almost commanding tone. This however anoyed the king that simply let his hand go out. As the hand landed on the boy he stumbled backwards from the brute force of the slap. As he stumbled into the chair that held one of the councilmen in it he lost his breath. He really just wanted to cry and throw himself at Molly at this time. But instead he simply forced himself to stand up again, shaking and a bit shocked by the slap he dusted of his clothes, putting the stuffed toy on the armchair so it wouldnt be harmed if struck once more. "Answer the question, what is the role of a king?" he said, his voice shaking and eyes watering up. Right now he was not far from breaking down but he still want to do this.
Hawke
Level 73
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 5/25/2017 at 9:18 AM Post #457
Ruairi~23 years~DC

Jumping a bit at the sound he turned to the woman. "Try a bit softer, with no fingers at first. Once you get the hang of that then try to cover the holes." He turned back to Thea for a moment as she nearly seemed to play a rough version of a song he had once played. She was surprisingly a very fast learner. Sure the song was a bit out of tune and jumpy but it was there, the notes were there. "Thea have you ever played a flute before?" What kind of question was that?
"No, but I watched a man play once. He wasn't to good though and a bit slow but the song was still beautiful. After the show I watched him as he tried to get it perfect. Guess I still remembered some of it." The girl said looking down at the instrument. "If I could learn by the time you got to town...do you think I could play with you? To earn some gold for myself?" She had never earned anything before, she had always just stole it from someone and pretended it was hers. Now was time to change that.
"Why but of course. I would never say no to that." The man smiled before again looking to Agrona. "You could as well if we found something for you to play. Say a drum maybe seeing we have a flute?"

The woman nearly stood as the child was struck but the priest managed to stop her before she actually did. He placed a hand on her shoulder as she clamped her eyes shut in anger. How could he! Cullyn was but a boy, how could the man strike him so?! She wanted to hit back, to defend the child but alas Zarune was not going to let that happen. The child was just digging the hole deeper for himself. They may not be the ones in the gallows but him.
Nafariaandulin
Level 57
Fright Master
Threads: 102
Posted: 5/25/2017 at 9:27 AM Post #458
Eldred ~ 21 ~ DC
Eldred woke up the next day. Sunlight filtered in through the dirty windows, casting a golden glow on the room. Pharos perched sleepily on the lamp stand. The room was small, with wooden walls. The ceiling was cracked and the floor well worn. This was nothing like his room back at the castle. Where his four poster bed dominated one side of his room, and an axminster the other. He liked the simpleness of the room. He rose from his bed. Pharos flew to his arm. Falcons and other birds of prey were the messengers of the Wind-lords of Windy Valley. They showed power and were revered through the ages. Only the head of the noble house of Torrent was allowed an eagle, a symbol of power through the land. Eldred cast one last lance at the room, before heading out.
Edited By Nafariaandulin on 5/25/2017 at 9:28 AM.
Jillyana
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 5/25/2017 at 10:44 AM Post #459

She looked at Ruairi before glaring at the flute again. As she heard Thea she looked at the girl. It was almost with ... envy ... somethign she didnt normally had in her eyes. A bit curiously she keept a keen eye on the girl, listening to the exchange of words between Thea and the bard. When offerd a place next to the two of them she couldnt help but laugh a bit. "I do thank you ever so kindly for the offer but i intended to find a master herbalist and ask for a trail. If I get my masters letter i would be able to work as a travelling herbalist and still have the union behind my back. Its safe and helps reasuring the cliantell that i have knowledge enough to work as a herbalist master." she smiled. Its a calculated move and economicly if nothing else. Once you get your masters letter the one recomending you for the test will pay you for a simple outfit and a knife to cut the herbs with. Pluss the master gets yet a other aprentice that have graduated. The more succesfull aprentices, the more knowledgable and reweard he is within his union after all. So if she managed to get her letter she would actually have a dress that wasnt broken, she would have a job and a reason of income!

The king sighed, anoyed and his patients at its end. "I have no idea what you are after Cullyn." the man said after some time of tense silence. At this Cullyn took a step forward, taking the place he had strumbled away from. "The king is to play the role of a father. He is to build a home there his children can live and keep it from robbers and intruders. As well as this is job as the father is to introduce the rules of the house to his children. The queen is to play the mother, keeping the house in harmony and making sure that the children have food to eat, water to drink and a safe home to explore and learn in. The princess is to play the older sister, her role is to show the younger siblings how to love, show empathy and take care of one a other. The prince is to play the older brother. He is to stay at the side of his siblings through thick and thin. Help them fight unjustice that howers over them and show them curage and strength." he said in a clear tone. His body was still shaking from holdback tears and he still wanted to go hide in Mollys arms.

"I asume you want to say something with those old and useless laws" he commented to the prince. At this Cullyn couldnt longer controll himself. "if they are old and useless then so are you!" he growled at his father. The man acted far faster than should be possible. Not only had he stood up but as he slapped the prince. This time the boy didnt stumble backwards, no, instead he simply flew to the side. As he crashed into the wall he fell to the floor unable to stand up again as his head spinned. From the back of his head came a steady flow of blood and his cheek had a burnmark on it. "NEVER speak to me like that again." the king said in a threatning manner, a faint and almost invisible fire around his hand. "Then dont make the same mistake." Cullyn said in a shocked tone. He had been slapped before, its not unusual for a child. But to be burned like that. Granted it wasnt to serious but most likely he will always have a scar on his sheek no matter how faint it may be. At this time he couldnt stop the tears that fell from his eyes. His body really hurt but he wasnt done just yet. Something however stoped the king as he was about to move. Something landed on the table. A cloth of pure silk layed at rest on the table, in it a amulet and a council man holding out his hand as he was shaking. "I do belive this is for the best your highness." he said shakingly as he feelt the king stare at him. "You all wish to vote?" the man asked. As the restoring councilmembers nodded the king walked out togeather with Cullyn.

Slowly the councilmembers looked at one a other before putting their votes in the bag without showing anyone else in the room as to what they voted.

NPC for Nafa

As the man came out of the small farmhouse the boy stoped, bowing politely. "Good morning sire." he said before simply pulling the goat after him. After the male goat was several females walking and with them the shillings. "MOVE IT ERIC!" was heard from the pasture in a anoyed tone. "COMMING DAD!" he yelled back before pulling harshly in the lead once and the goat picked up its pace.Once the animals was in tha pasture and secured he was given an ax and instructions on going to get a tree of the road. Slowly he nodded, walking with the axe.
Hawke
Level 73
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 5/25/2017 at 12:18 PM Post #460
Ruairi~23 years~DC

"If you so chose then." The bard said with a smiled. "Alright Thea why don't you put one finger on the...here let me show you." Taking the flute back he put one finger over the last opening, then one two holes up. "Right finger first then left." He said then demonstrated. "Now you try." He said handing back the flute. The girl nodded slowly and did as he did. "You can still try as well, even if you aren't going to be a bard." He said to the woman. He took her at her word, and knew well that she would most likely go through with it. But what was the harm in having a bit of fun?

It was all he could do to get the woman to stay, even with the help of a calming spell. The look on her face was one of pure hatred as she saw was the child with the burn on his face. It took two hands to hold her back and a slight spell of calm but he managed to keep her from attacking. It was more of a clearing of the mind more than a spell but it still did the trick. "Molly.." He whispered to the woman. It was like looking at a rabid animal as it tried to get free of a trap. it was almost scary.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 45, 46, 47... 51, 52, 53
This Page loaded in 0.014 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.