Forum Index > Battle Discussion > Dark Elves in Forsaken Dungeon
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
LonelyRyu
Level 72
Knight
Threads: 74
Posted: 10/9/2016 at 4:29 PM Post #1
Ok...so I am in the Forsaken Dungeon and I run across three lovely elves; problem is that they're Dark Elves and quite strong too.

I don't want to spend money to reallocate proficiency point again as it is rather expensive though I may have to so I can get a skill that hits many at once.

My NightMyst has the Shadow skills but am thinking I may have to opt for Light or fire but at this point I am not sure it would help.

I could maybe train another pet and put it in place of another but I don't know. I may skip the dungeon for now and go to Ethernia to do stuff and maybe train my pets more, do some missions/quests and get access to better gear.

Anyone ever beaten the Dark Elves?
Wonderfulwander
Level 75
The Dreamer
Threads: 110
Posted: 10/10/2016 at 3:11 AM Post #2
I dont see major issues with your stat points allocation. The main thing I think you should work on would be to upgrade your pets equipment to level 50 legendary (and mythical eventually). Also, try to use equipment that matches your stat profile instead of those that split points between strength/intelligence or all stats.

Shadow is actually a pretty good proficiency tree, since it allows your pet to recover health while dealing damage. I wouldn't recommend fire for boss battles. Fire is mostly useful for normal battles not boss, since for boss battles, you usually need to target specific enemies first while fire affects more than one enemy.

For the dark elves, take note on who deals the most damage/with lowest health and get rid of them first. I can't really remember, but I think I usually get rid of priestess/mage, then archer, then warrior. (I remember warriors to have the most health, so they take the longest to kill). How hard your dark elves battle is depends on the combination you're given. It's randomly given each day, so you can always try resetting the dungeon and hope you get an easier combination. But generally, with a good team and strategy, you shouldn't have too much problem defeating them.

It helps to go to a lower zone to max out your health and mana, so you can use finishing blows from the start. Also, go to Aryth's Spire to get potion boosts. These can greatly help your battle, but you run the risk of injuring your pets in the process. So have a stock of potions/elixirs on hand.

All the best with completing the dungeon! (the final boss after the dark eleves is a huge pain btw. you'll need to figure her pattern)
Edited By Wonderfulb2uty on 10/10/2016 at 3:14 AM.
LonelyRyu
Level 72
Knight
Posted: 10/10/2016 at 8:09 AM Post #3
Thanks. Getting Mythical armor will be a challenge but I will see what I can do. I may be lucky enough to solve a puzzle and get something useful.

I already spent lots to reallocate proficiency points as well as skill points. I needed my tank pet to also be able to get in a few good licks too and I don't want just two pets to do all the fighting.

I wish I had more proficiency points so I can get the regenerate (or something like it) skill but anyways thanks for the reply.
Wonderfulwander
Level 75
The Dreamer
Threads: 110
Posted: 10/10/2016 at 8:19 AM Post #4
Legendary equipment would be good enough for now, just that if you can upgrade to mythical, it would make things easier. Keep doing missions regularly. They are the best source for gold, equipment, and elixirs.

There is a limit on how many proficiency points the pet can have. The limit now is 12 points, since we get 1 point per 5 levels, and the level cap is at 60 now. So you won;t be able to reach the skills at the end of the proficiency trees for now, until the admins make some changes to the game.
LonelyRyu
Level 72
Knight
Posted: 10/10/2016 at 3:09 PM Post #5
See..this is the problem, one acquires proficiency points so slowly especially when there are skills you could really use.

One thing that I wanted to know is why not have a "Disciple" in the party, one who is equally versed in both magic and fighting. As I see it the Tank pet I have is good but I need more than just one fighter so having a creature that can do both would take the burden off of just the one battler.

At any rate I have a couple of other party presets that I am slowly working on (largely for missions) but swapping a pet or two might be helpful.
Too bad you can't swap one pet for another from your stables...that would be such a game changer for many.

Anyways, looks like I have more exploring to do; hopefully I can get better equipment.

The Trade Broker is useless because you have brainiacs who try to bilk others by putting a ridiculously high tag, such as 900,000, on things whose resale value is 6 or 7000 golds.

Anywhoo...I haz stoofs to do. :)
Imperium
Level 75
Guardian
Threads: 386
Posted: 10/10/2016 at 4:34 PM Post #6
"Disciple" pets are actually pretty useless and probably shouldn't even be in game because it's a confusing spec that makes players think that it's useful. The reason it's NOT useful is that your pet will default to using the highest damage output it has, so splitting between magical and physical damage actually ends up cutting your attack power.

Wonder has the right idea on hitting up missions~ missions will give you a few valuable resources to help you in dungeon. 1.)Legendary equipment , 2.)Elixirs (with my party set up, I can show you how to make these more useful), 3.) Gold (for healing before boss battles/when pets are pretty damaged)

I hope you don't mind me sharing my dungeon team here as well as screenshots of their set up and the like to show you what I do. (Personally works for me, I don't know how well it would work for you but I feel like a visual example might be the easiest thing to work with.)

I use a tamed team (not super stat pets) while working my way through the dungeon of the forsaken and they tend to have very little trouble with even the bosses, give or take an elixir here or there. I started with legendary equipment and have gotten through plenty enough times with this team to get some mythical equipment. I run with the following: 1 Shadow Tank, 1 Fire Magical Cannon, 1 Air Physical Cannon (You should carry at least one of each pet type (Agility, Intellect, Strength to pass the door stat check to get to one of the earlier bosses.)

Specter, the Shadow Tank
Stat allocation using level up points per level up is 3 in health, 1 in agility.

Proficiency points are stacked into agility first in the shadow tree until maxed out and remaining points are stacked into intelligence.

Overall, Specter's health is incredibly low for a tank, but for this dungeon in which you usually have to use elixirs anyway, this is a good thing.

If you look at his stats up above, you'll see that Specter has a 32% chance to dodge because of his high agility, meaning 1/3 of every attack directed at him may be avoided. The remaining 2/3's of the time he does get hit, his mitigation nullifies more then half the damage. This is reason number one why I'm comfortable with is health being half that of a normal tank set up. Reason number two is that when he finally does take enough damage and it's time to use an elixir on him, elixirs don't heal by a percentage~ they heal by a certain amount of HP. Since I use 2400 health healing elixirs, this amounts to healing him 34% of his 6900 health.

Next we'll go on to our cannons~ they tend to drop really easily, so these you'll have to keep an eye on, but they usually don't get targeted.

Magical Damage Pet

All stats are dumped purely into intelligence. Remember to stack proficiency points into the base intellect stat before adding any into the fire damage increase. The intellect stats increase quite a bit in those later stat additions.

Physical Damage Pet

Strength, strength, strength~ Essentially the same thing as the magic pet, but with strength instead of intelligence~

Note's about this party set up:
Carry about 10-15 elixirs with you before entering the dungeon. These are usually used on your cannon pets. If you feel like you don't want to use that many elixirs, I'd suggest moving some points into health for them, but that will of course weaken their damage output. (This is usually on the last boss though.)
This set up is not recommended for world exploration, especially in the new zones!

And the elves specifically.
Assassins/Casters should be targeted first as they do the most damage. (If you're unfortunate and get all three of these, I'm sorry. xD You may need a couple of elxirs for that set up.)
Priests/Warriors are lower priority.

Hope this helps you~!
Edited By Imperium on 10/10/2016 at 4:49 PM.
LonelyRyu
Level 72
Knight
Posted: 10/10/2016 at 4:59 PM Post #7
Thanks. I will have to refer to this as I am trying to get my team to do better and it seems like suddenly it is slow going so I may have to make a few changes.

I tried swapping a pet to see if I could gain the upper hand but I might have to train a different magic user that uses different stats because my one magic user is good but some attacks seem useless especially if they don't attack more than one enemy.

Anyways, thanks for the help and I am gonna have to do some tweaking. :)

Edited to add:

Ok...I tweaked my team and put all my strength stats for my battler,Sparkwind, Agility for Regal Cutlass, the tank and intellect for NightMyst the magic user.

So hopefully I will do better in Zones and such.

I have a couple of teams that I will use for missions and Quests so I shall see what happens.
Edited By LonelyRyu on 10/10/2016 at 6:34 PM.
LonelyRyu
Level 72
Knight
Posted: 10/11/2016 at 6:55 AM Post #8
Well..looks like I fudged up my pets stats. I reallocated to put all the points in my fighter into strength
and fort my tank I sacrificed hit points for agility. Seems to have made no difference.

So I am going to do some quests and get more gold ( I don't want it to go too low..point allocations is expensive) and do something different.

My tank gets creamed no matter what. Even with Agilty maxed out on the first "Branch" of the shadow tree he still gets whumped.

My fighter is not much better when the first tier of his tree, strength, is maxed.

Perhaps I may have to train in another magic user but the problem is I can't swap out pets if I meet a boss so I have to stick with one tree.

I like fire because it can hit more enemies and the "Engulf" is good too but I suppose I will have to go for light or shadow and put my tank back on Earth or wind. (sighs)
Imperium
Level 75
Guardian
Threads: 386
Posted: 10/11/2016 at 10:40 AM Post #9
Do you carry elixirs around with you? It's very important to have some with you when you travel into the dungeon.
LonelyRyu
Level 72
Knight
Posted: 10/11/2016 at 2:41 PM Post #10
Yeah but one goes through a lot of those things too.

I don't know....once I get more gold amassed I am going to see what else I can do.
My team was fairly ok until my tank pet started getting pounded. I had given it more health to offset that but the heal command doesn't really heal enough.

wish we could get more proficiency points so at least one pet can do a heal.

Argh! I'll have to keep trying.
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.