Forum Index > News and Announcements > Puffadore Revamp Preview
Page 3 1, 2, 3, 4... 19, 20, 21 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
EraNime
Level 69
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 104
Posted: 9/17/2016 at 4:47 PM Post #21
Maybe the girl can look a little bit less girly girly? A lot of pets show a very obvious gender difference, often on the stereo type that boys are cool and girls are cute. It would be great to have more cool girls in some species as well, who aren't in a cutesy pose or coy look.

Basicly, maybe the puffs can be more dog looking in their face and less obvious male/female and more gender neutral as real dogs are.

There are always some small diferences in real animals too, but with dogs it's not that obvious.

So it would be so so great if we had more dog like puffs where the gender differences where not so obvious.

if not with the puffs it would be great to see this more in future pets. I get that many people love them girly girly girl pets, but some of us really prefer the girls to look as fierce and cool as the guys are or be at least on the same page as the guys are in their pose and demeanor even if their body shapes are a bit smaller/bigger depending on the specie.

So yeah a little less gender stereo typing would be awesome. Buisides that though I do love the look of the puffs overall so no need to change all that much in my opinion. It's just pose/expression I would like to see changed a bit so the male looks less overly cool and more ready to roll in the mudd, cuddle, and play fetch and the girl looks less girly girly and more ready to roll in the mudd, cuddle and play fetch with sticks. Like dogs.

:)
Pyromantic
Level 69
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 16
Posted: 9/17/2016 at 4:50 PM Post #22
They look so much fluffier and cuter!
Although, the baby female Puffadore was SO cute, these are even cuter!
FleurFaolan
Level 70
The Majestic
Threads: 84
Posted: 9/17/2016 at 4:51 PM Post #23
I do agree the male could have a softer expression. Perhaps the hint of a mischievous smirk?
SerenityEather
Level 75
Guardian
Threads: 30
Posted: 9/17/2016 at 4:53 PM Post #24
Oh, I ADORE the babies!! And the adults look great too! They look kinda like a Papillon. So cute!
The texture to the fur looks great and so does the cutie chibi wing-like tufts. The way the fur falls looks realistic, too.

There is one thing I always noticed, though (on the originals). The Flowers from the Flower Collar Mutation and the Candy piece from Candy Collar (on the long, tendril-like part of fluff) were always visible through the Jeweled and Feathered wing mutations on the far side where they shouldn't be? Shouldn't they be covered by the far wing instead of seen through it?
Also, the beads from the Jeweled Flower Wrap are on top of the Jeweled Wings and look like they're holding the wings down? The beads should be under the wings like they are on the other wing mutations shouldn't they?
Just thought I'd mention that.
Waycrazy
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 73
Posted: 9/17/2016 at 4:56 PM Post #25
I love the new look! A few things that might be tweaked, though.

Maybe it's just me, but the female's head looks very large compared to the male's.

Where the chest fluff stops by their front shoulder seems a little jarring and sharp. In the current design, their antenna pieces, for lack of better words, kind of covers the transition and makes it a little easier on the eyes.I don't think it needs to go clear back that far, but maybe rounding it out a little more would look nicer. It's also much more noticeable on the female than it is on the male

I do agree with Sarah, the female appears to have lost a good portion of her little delicacy.

Still, these are little things. I still adore their new look!
Chocolat
Level 70
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 66
Posted: 9/17/2016 at 4:57 PM Post #26
I'm a HUGE Puffadore fan, and I'm sure I'll learn to love this revamp... But I'm not loving it now.

As for as critism, as you guys probably know I'm not much of an artist so take this with a grain of salt--

I think there paws need to be tinier. One of my favorite things about the puffadores is that they have sleek, tiny paws, that end in points. It's aesthetically pleasing and different enough from every other species. I normally like puffy toes on greatures, but Puffadores had a sense of delicate elegance that I think this version lacks.

I also think the males expression could be a little kinder, since it reads a little more stoic, serious guardian, than pampered palace pet.

The females lifted paw is also at a really harsh angle, but I'm sure that will be softened up a bit. Her expression also looks sad?
Dragon98178
Level 68
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 13
Posted: 9/17/2016 at 4:58 PM Post #27
they are even cuter than before. which is saying some thing.
SpaceElf1
Level 75
Ghost Writer
Threads: 672
Posted: 9/17/2016 at 5:05 PM Post #28
This is even better than I had hoped. Kudos to the artists!

My hopefully-constructive critique is re just one thing: the adult male's expression. Please, do please consider giving him a mischievous or sly expression. The adult female and the puppies look like they are getting up to things! You could find them in a mud puddle, or figuring out how to open your refrigerator, or up a tree teasing the squirrels, or industriously unlacing your shoes, or...

You get the idea.

Meanwhile, the poor adult male seems, er . . . constipated.

I am totally, utterly not telling the artists how to do art. Just, maybe, please, something a little like this?

Signed, IAP (I Adore Puffadores)
a/k/a SpaceElf
Fox
Level 75
Master Sylestiologist
Threads: 398
Posted: 9/17/2016 at 5:06 PM Post #29
Holy carp. Adorable! I'm super impressed. You guys have managed to release the ny'vene revamp during a last minute festival all while working on the megazone and on top of that the artists have already got phase 1 lineart for the puffadores. Blown away at the level of productivity.
Zenaku
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 41
Posted: 9/17/2016 at 5:07 PM Post #30
They look adorable and the male puff looks brilliant! That look is just too adorable! Though i'm getting a tilted feeling with the female puff. Like.. she looks off and well tilted to the side a bit. xD; That was my problem with female puffs originally as that they just looked very tilted to one side. While here it's not too noticeable. It's there. o.o; Other wise everything looks great! So much fluff!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4... 19, 20, 21
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.