Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Battle Discussion > How to Defeat Cereth / Jinxie
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Lune813
Level 42
Threads: 4
Posted: 8/21/2016 at 5:25 PM Post #1
Okay, so I'm new, and I figured these were asked plenty of times before, which is why I put it here.

Last night I started the quest for the faeries. It was going okay, save for about an hour spent on a particularly hard enemy, until I met Cereth. I tried to negotiate, that of course failed, so I tried to fight...except for the fact I've tried almost ten times since last night to beat him, and have been defeated each and every single time. I've tried everything to beat him. I've maxed out my pets' mana, but even if they're both at 100 and 80 for the main ones respectively, it always fails. I've tried to fight down his companions, and I fail.

So, having started also last night, this is ticking me off. I don't want to be stuck in only one side of the world, because that is ridiculous, and I'll probably quit playing if I can't get past him. I also abandoned the quest for the queen, hoping to stop him that way, but it didn't work.

The second part of this question is Jinxie. I completed the quest to stop the Trolls, and yet she still tells me to go back to the caverns and fight. Is there some part I'm missing? Because I've battled in there so many times already and she still has the same message.

If both of these are glitches or I'm doing something wrong, I'd really like to know. I don't really feel like going through either of these any longer.
Imperium
Level 75
Guardian
Threads: 386
Posted: 8/21/2016 at 6:31 PM Post #2
Wanted to ping you before you log as it's going to take me a bit to type up some help for you, just a heads up to let you know.
Imperium
Level 75
Guardian
Posted: 8/21/2016 at 6:55 PM Post #3
Alright~ so let's give a breakdown of the basics.

First Party Pet: The first party pet is the pet that takes the most hits in battle and appears in the very middle of the battle screen. That being said, this party spot is most often used for a tank pet. A tank pet's main objective is to be able to take enough hits to keep your team up and in battle longer. This is done my setting the stats on your pet to focus on health (more HP) and agility (damage mitigation).

Stat Points(Level-Up Points): Health + Agility

Proficiency Points: Earth(Physical) or Shadow (Magical, recommended)

Second (and eventual third) Party Pet: The standard team has two glass cannon's that fight alongside the tank and their focus should be on dealing damage. A glass cannon can either be a magical attacker (intellect) or a physical attacker (strength). Never split points into intellect AND strength at the same time, as your pet will always use either magical or physical, whichever does more.

Stat Points (Level-Up Points):
Magical: Intellect + Dexterity (increases critical strike)
Physical: Strength + Dexterity
You can slide some points into health if you find your glass cannons are dropping too often.

Proficiency Points:
Magical: Fire (Light is also a possibility, does less damage then fire but does some healing)
Physical: Wind or Water

~~~~
Proficiency Point Tip: The more points you add into a single base stat, the higher it will raise. It's best to dump into one stat that you need until it caps at 10 points.

~~~~~
Equipment : Your party is currently not equipped. If you go to "Inventory", you'll see an option that says "Switch to Equipment". Click on that and all of your equipment drops should show~ add equipment to your battle (and mission) pets. Make sure you double check the damage bonus that relics give before you equip them.
(You may eventually get a message that says your inventory is full when opening a box/chest, it may refer to your equipment inventory.)

~~~~~~
Edit:
You didn't ask about this, but Missions:

Mission's are a great way to earn gold, but there's a particular way to go about doing it.
You'll notice that the mission objective will show one of five stats: Health, Strength, Intelligence, Dexterity or Agility
When it comes to missions, that single stat alone is what matters on making the mission succeed so it's a good idea to have at least one pet set aside for each kind of mission (not your party/battling pets)and focus solely on adding those stat and proficiency points to that pet while it levels up. Not only is your pet more likely to succeed this way, but if pets do really well on missions your reward is DOUBLED.

~~~~~~

Jinxie's Quest:
Honestly...it's been so long that I've had to do the quests that I don't remember them too well. If the problem persists, you may want to add it to the bug forum and Krin will check into it as soon as he can.

Edit Again:
My horrible manners. D:
Welcome to Sylestia!! <3 Please feel free to ping or message me if you need any more help or if you have questions. :)
Edited By Imperium on 8/21/2016 at 7:08 PM.
Lune813
Level 42
Threads: 4
Posted: 8/21/2016 at 7:32 PM Post #4
Oh okay. Thanks very much for the help. =)
Imperium
Level 75
Guardian
Posted: 8/21/2016 at 7:44 PM Post #5
No problem~
Would you mind if I sent you some spare pieces of equipment to vendor? I know that gold is bit rough when you're first starting out and just realized that it might be difficult to restat your pets currently.

Would you mind if I offered you a welcome present as well?
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 8/21/2016 at 11:40 PM Post #6
This thread has been moved to: Battle Discussion.
Jade07
Level 50
The Artistic
Threads: 219
Posted: 1/17/2017 at 12:13 PM Post #7
whoops my tank pet has fire i modeled her after a phoenix but i never knew how to color her when i made her so she is a white fire bird whoops

This Page loaded in 0.010 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.