Players 2,407 367
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,242,961 1,762
Generated 656,182 12
Captured 1,190,474 65
Bred 6,396,210 1,685
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 7/3/2016 - 4th of July Pick a Door #1
Page 3 1, 2, 3, 4 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Imperium
Level 75
Guardian
Threads: 386
Posted: 7/4/2016 at 4:14 PM Post #21
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=37663&page=2#16
Author: Deathdust
Time Posted: 7/4/2016 at 3:48 PM
Everyone misses a few events every now and then. ^u^; I missed the last pick-a-door.

I don't remember if this option is available for Staff pings, but with standard pings there is a little that you can click to block pings from specific people.

This essentially.

There's no way to make everyone happy. Everyone logs on at different times and days, some people log on less frequently then others. Sometimes there is work to attend to in which you can't participate.

I had work during the last Pick A Door and couldn't participate. Is that the site's fault? Not at all. Is that my fault? Nope. No one's fault. Just the way it is sometimes.

Let's say if you were blocked from all admin pings and missed a game in which you could be in, you're next train of thought would be what? "Why didn't I receive notice so that I had a chance to play?!"
There's no way for them to know the lives and availability of every single player of the game, no way for them to know when players are going to log in (especially if the players do so sporadically). The best thing to do is shrug, "I guess I missed this one. Maybe next time." and move on. Being blocked from admin pings you'd miss out of a lot, which would be unfortunate. You'd never know what to do in the game or how things work, especially if the notice is important and features change, which they will be after the new system is implemented.

You are new, so I will give you this:
They do try to hold these events around/during holidays, so it ever hurts to keep an eye on the site and log in semi-frequently during the holidays. They have also announced that there will most likely be another pick a door sometime later this week.

This is a small site run by a husband and wife couple that do listen to their players and they do try to give advanced notice, but as far as the administrator staff goes that's pretty much it. It's small, but the community is wonderful and supportive and hopefully if you stick around you might find that it might rub off on you. Both the admins and the community are here to help new players and give them a chance to win some of the goodies that appear during fests big and small. You've been here three days. We'd appreciate it if you actually hung around and gave the site a chance. If you need something: a guide, questions, a push in the right direction, you might find that we are here and willing to help.

EDIT: Thank you very much for the game Krin and Fai!! :) I appreciate that you take the time to try to provide us with little things like these on even small holiday festivals. <3
Edited By Imperium on 7/4/2016 at 4:21 PM.
Blayneryker
Level 60
Threads: 6
Posted: 7/4/2016 at 4:17 PM Post #22
Yay, I got 1500 diamonds!! Time to go shopping ;)

Thank you for this opportunity to win stuff I'd normally never be able to get :D
Edited By Blayneryker on 7/4/2016 at 4:20 PM.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 7/4/2016 at 4:18 PM Post #23
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=37663&page=2#20
Author: Typhix
Time Posted: 7/4/2016 at 4:13 PM
Aww! I got Round 1, but I missed the others!!!! *cries*

If you get a move on and fail to pick a door for the next round, you will receive a prize for the last round that you chose a door for.
LDDarcWolf
Level 70
The Dreamer
Threads: 283
Posted: 7/4/2016 at 4:32 PM Post #24
Thanks Space, I try my best. :)
Kamorth
Level 21
Threads: 0
Posted: 7/4/2016 at 4:33 PM Post #25
Okay, since this appears to be yet another place where I need to spell things out in minute detail:

I just want to be able to turn off the pings. I don't care if events are run that some users miss out on, that happens with browser based games and totally can't be helped. You can stop lecturing me on that now, okay? I've been playing these kinds of games for a good decade and a half already, I understand that, thank you for the condescension and attempted guilt trip of "small husband and wife team that I immediately feel I must jump to the defense of". I just want to be able to turn off pings until I'm familiar enough with the game to actually participate in stuff. Simple as that.

As far as I can currently tell, there is no way to do this unless there is a current ping that has not been read, and no way to do it for admin accounts. If I am correct in this assessment, that is all I need to know. If that is the case, I will continue on my merry way.
Starline
Level 71
Cutely Creative
Threads: 97
Posted: 7/4/2016 at 4:39 PM Post #26
No as far as I am aware there is no way to turn the pings off, but why would you want to, part of getting to know the game better is by being alerted to events.
Kamorth
Level 21
Threads: 0
Posted: 7/4/2016 at 4:42 PM Post #27
Thank you, that was all I wanted to know. People play these games differently. It's fine that you don't want to turn pings off, I personally would prefer it.
Imperium
Level 75
Guardian
Threads: 386
Posted: 7/4/2016 at 4:42 PM Post #28
Then please just say so instead of making a post that sounds as if you have been personally attacked.

There is currently no option for this. However, you're free to make this a suggestion for this in the suggestion forum if you'd like to see this as a future feature.

For the moment though, you'll just have to ignore pings. If you need help familiarizing yourself with the site, I'd highly recommend this pet building guide to help you with boss encounters (they're much more difficult then most of the parsley you're facing) as well as this gold making guide. You can exchange gold for diamonds from other players via the diamond exchange, found under the "Trade" and then "Currency Exchange" tab.
Edited By Imperium on 7/4/2016 at 4:44 PM.
Luna85echo
Level 34
Threads: 23
Posted: 7/4/2016 at 4:51 PM Post #29
i cant be on super early to do these games. please make them a little later. around 5:00 gt.
Amarok
Level 75
Fancy Pants
Threads: 105
Posted: 7/4/2016 at 5:18 PM Post #30
Thank you, Krin! This was worth the super early wake up, it's the furthest I've gotten so far!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.