Warden of Umbra
Threads: 16
Posted: 4/10/2017 at 1:09 PM Post #31
Tap, you're a genius this is incredible thank you <3
Wolfieimagine
Level 56
Threads: 10
Posted: 4/10/2017 at 3:59 PM Post #32
Omg, it's awesome!! It's extremely helpful!! A+, 10/10!
Lanfear
Level 75
Spooky Shopper
Threads: 329
Posted: 4/20/2017 at 10:30 AM Post #33
I can no longer use Chrome on my laptop...its made everything unusable...and even after reformatting HD, Chrome is barely open for 5 seconds before Windows becomes unresponsive.

Did notice the sylestia extension for Firefox but is that up to date? I cant figure out how to set it right. I honestly can't live without that extension, but I may have too...Stupid chrome ;( Loved it, but its made my life a living hell the past couple of days.
Taptothebeat
Level 71
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 212
Posted: 4/20/2017 at 11:01 AM Post #34
@Missterious,
Hi,

For the current state of the firefox extension,
The one listed for firefox is something I did very early on (as you can probably tell by the pictures of the old art xD). I believe it has only 1 feature, which is to turn hatchery pets into adults, nothing else.

For background,
I had originally been making the two extensions simultaneously as the code was extremely similar. But Firefox and Chrome handle options differently, so when I hit that juncture I moved to making the extension only for Chrome.

For moving the Chrome Extension to Firefox,
If you don't mind not having the ability to set/unset different options, I believe a firefox extension with all of the options enabled should be not too bad to make. I actually need to look on how to do just a basic firefox extension again though lol.

For with options,
While that is the case, I think I have a better understanding of how to write [Chrome] extensions now than when I first started, so perhaps Firefox won't be as bad as I originally thought? I can look into seeing how different Firefox extensions are for options versus Chrome ones are to port over when I get the time.
Lanfear
Level 75
Spooky Shopper
Threads: 329
Posted: 4/20/2017 at 11:04 AM Post #35
Thank Tap. Its going to be a pain to get used to FF, after several years of Chrome....actually really sad about it...but nothing I can do unless/until Google fixes whatever is going on.

If anything the hatchlings to adults when viewing them is something I really enjoyed. And having to look up 20 plus pets manually in the generator is not fun lol.

Much appreciated!
Taptothebeat
Level 71
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 4/20/2017 at 3:42 PM Post #36
@Missterious,
It's been so long since I've used firefox that apparently I have version 41 and they are up to version 53 (lol)

- - - - -

Interestingly enough Firefox scrapped everything that they were giving developers to use to create extensions, and replaced it with something that is similar to what Chrome uses. So moving things over became much easier.

- - - - -

That being the case, there is good news in that I moved everything over from Chrome to Firefox between my last post in this one. It still took quite a bit of time of course.

- - - - -

It takes some additional amount of waiting time to get an extension approved for firefox. Idk if it's hours, days or a week, but if it gets approved it should be available in not too long. The only thing that would stop it from getting approved is if there is something firefox specific that I did not add. It's generally just identifiers and the like for their end.

- - - - -

Other things to note:

- I couldn't get the wardrobe feature to work. The button is still there to enable it in the options, just don't use it for now. There is something firefox specific that makes it troublesome, I'd probably have to rewrite a good chunk of code which I don't have the time/energy for atm.

- I worked from my local Chrome Test version to create the Firefox version, so there are some WIP features that are there as well. If I get the time, I'll either remove those for you as well or create an option for them. Too time consuming right now.

- I'm not sure how backwards compatable Firefox's new API is, so I guess will have to wait and see if it works for Firefox that's less updated than 53.
Edited By Taptothebeat on 4/20/2017 at 3:43 PM.
Lokiarti
Level 61
Threads: 107
Posted: 4/22/2017 at 8:45 AM Post #37
hallo Tap, not sure if I posted here already and in case I did not - this extension is amazing and I love it, thanks for creating it. <3
however, I came not only to thank you but also to ask - since we are now able to test egglings, would it be possible to have the "hatchlings as adults" feature to work on egglings as well? please? :3

edit:
I was also wondering if it'd be possible to also include "automatically change egglings to adults" option and "show hiddens" into egglings' profiles as well.
Edited By Lokiarti on 4/22/2017 at 8:55 AM.
Taptothebeat
Level 71
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 4/22/2017 at 11:04 AM Post #38
@Lokiarti,
Hi~

That's something that's easily doable technically since after an egg is tested the egg's information appears in the egg's image url.

But I'm really half-there on adding such a feature. It feels like it could be a bug that the egg's information is being stored in the egg's image url...My main reasoning stems from the post about the "testing eggs" update, where it says that:

"We are going to be allowing Egglings to be Genetically Tested. However, Genetically Testing an Eggling will only reveal its Statistics until it hatches."

If you have more information that it's okay to be looking at the egg's image url for information about the traits, I'll add this feature for you. Otherwise, not planning to for now. D:

Hope you can understand where I am coming from of not wanting to break the rule of taking advantage of a possible bug -- or in the case of the extension, would more be endorsing it, which is probably worse lol.
Lokiarti
Level 61
Threads: 107
Posted: 4/22/2017 at 11:20 AM Post #39
yes, I completely understand what you're saying. should've thought about it before bothering you, sorry ;w; maybe we should ask Krin then?..

myself, I think that testing script (or whatever it is, I'm not really good with programming - yet, I hope) reveals all pet's info regardless of its age, so testing an eggling has the same result as testing an older pet. so in order to not show an egg's traits, Krin would have to write another script (or whatever it is) for testing eggs specifically and I honestly think he has more important things to do? D:
so I don't think it's a bug... but I am not sure if we're allowed to use this information anyway.
Taptothebeat
Level 71
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 4/22/2017 at 1:52 PM Post #40
@Lokiarti
Yeah, I'm not sure. Would be something to ask Krin. owo
(But I feel like I've bothered him too much recently ahah; if you want to take the initiative on it, just let me know the verdict)
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.