Forum Index > Breeding Discussion > A Comprehensive Guide to Breeding [WIP]
Page 19 1, 2, 3... 18, 19, 20... 24, 25, 26 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Moonflowr
Level 71
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 8
Posted: 11/14/2016 at 12:36 AM Post #181
so is there a guide somewhere to the pet search, where it in the "Genetics" tab it has weird things like, "EE" and "NA" and "NB" and "EF" and they are different colors and stuff. I want to know what it all means. Is there somewhere that explains that??
Wonderfulwander
Level 75
The Dreamer
Threads: 110
Posted: 11/14/2016 at 11:01 PM Post #182
Basically, the two letters represent the type of traits (or lack thereof) in that particular trait slot.

EE means that the pet has visible of the E trait. You can find what trait corresponds to each letter by clicking the dropdown of the trait slot.

"N" means there is nothing. so NN means the entire slot is empty, whereas NA represents that there is a carried trait, but nothing is visible.

EF means the pet is visible for the E trait, but also carries the F trait and has 50% chance of passing down either to the offsprings. This is often referred to as a hidden trait.

green traits denote carried traits
blue traits denote full visible traits
purple traits denote hidden traits
Moonflowr
Level 71
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 8
Posted: 11/15/2016 at 12:16 AM Post #183
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=370&page=19#182
Author: Wonderfulwander
Time Posted: 11/14/2016 at 11:01 PM
Basically, the two letters represent the type of traits (or lack thereof) in that particular trait slot.

EE means that the pet has visible of the E trait. You can find what trait corresponds to each letter by clicking the dropdown of the trait slot.

"N" means there is nothing. so NN means the entire slot is empty, whereas NA represents that there is a carried trait, but nothing is visible.

EF means the pet is visible for the E trait, but also carries the F trait and has 50% chance of passing down either to the offsprings. This is often referred to as a hidden trait.

green traits denote carried traits
blue traits denote full visible traits
purple traits denote hidden traits

awesome, and thank you, but is there a thread that explains it all? cause there are a lot of different letters lol
Wonderfulwander
Level 75
The Dreamer
Posted: 11/15/2016 at 11:23 PM Post #184
No, as far as I'm aware no one has made a thread of all the traits, since it can be easily found by going to the advanced search. In addition, the letters assignment might change when a species is revamped, which is an ongoing process recently. So that'll affect any compiled list.
Poisonpurple
Level 70
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 0
Posted: 12/19/2016 at 11:22 PM Post #185
I have a problem i need to solve.
I breed Qitaris and one of my Qits (Glitter) is vis for both Star Runes and Unicorn Horn. Her father (Flash) is a wild-caught themed vis for Lightning Bolts and Unicorn Horn. Her mother (Gracie) has no vis traits, but carries Star Runes. Gracie's mother (Asteria) was my starter (vis Star Runes, carried Nebula Mane and Stardust Wings), and Gracie's father (Ronan) is wild-caught with no vis traits (was my first capture, if that makes a difference).

Why is Glitter vis for Unicorn Horn? Shouldn't it just be carried since her mother wasn't vis and it wasn't in the mother's line?
Wonderfulwander
Level 75
The Dreamer
Posted: 12/26/2016 at 12:02 AM Post #186
It's likely that Glitter's mother has something carried in that slot, probably Nebula Mane. So the mother passed on that carried trait, and the father passed on Unicorn Horn. Since Unicorn Horn is dominant to every other trait in that slot, except for Gnarled Horn, it becomes the trait that is visible on the pet.

If you test the pet, you'll likely see that she has another trait underneath the visible Unicorn Horn.
Poisonpurple
Level 70
Warden of Umbra
Posted: 1/9/2017 at 12:10 AM Post #187
Thank you!!
Splashstar
Level 7
Posted: 2/8/2017 at 9:41 PM Post #188
How do I get trait points?
Wonderfulwander
Level 75
The Dreamer
Posted: 2/12/2017 at 1:18 AM Post #189
If you're talking about creating new pets, you'll need essences to generate the pet, and the amount of trait points will depend on the type of essence you have.

Regular essences will give you 2 trait points, while enhanced and mystical essences will give 4 trait points. You'll need the essence of the species you want to create, go to the generator to use the essence. Each visible trait costs 2 trait points, carried traits are 1 point.

You can find essences from nurturing, battling, and mission satchels. You can also win them from playing Jinxie jamboree. Or you can buy them from the diamond shop, or from the trade broker.

If you want to increase the traits on an existing pet, you can only do so for tamed pets, ie pets that were caught or found from the wild. And you will need mutators to add traits.

If you use a lesser mutator, a random trait will be added to a random empty slot. This trait may be visible or carried. If you use a greater mutator, you get to choose the exact slot and trait you want to mutate on the pet, and it will be a visible trait.

You can get lesser mutators from the scale shop, which you buy using scales you get from nurturing. You can buy greater mutators from the diamond shop. Both types may be sold in the trade broker by other players.

If not, the only other way to "add traits" to most pets would be through breeding. Parents can pass their traits to their offspring, so through generations of breeding, you can get the traits you want all in one pet.
Dinkaray
Level 13
Threads: 2
Posted: 2/23/2017 at 12:30 PM Post #190
If I breed two parents, and one of them displays the trait and the other carries the trait, will the offspring have that trait?
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 18, 19, 20... 24, 25, 26
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.