Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Breeding Discussion > A Comprehensive Guide to Breeding [WIP]
Page 17 1, 2, 3... 16, 17, 18... 24, 25, 26 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Luxa
Level 75
Threads: 85
Posted: 11/18/2015 at 1:26 PM Post #161
Thanks. I have gotten essences from battling and nurturing and I was wondering if that was what he meant by 'the nurturing game' or if was something else. Based on what you said it meant nurturing egglings and hatchlings. Thanks. You've helped me out with a lot of stuff now :D
Wonderfulwander
Level 75
The Dreamer
Threads: 110
Posted: 11/18/2015 at 5:40 PM Post #162
You're welcome. Glad to be of help. =)
Orcalover9
Level 18
Threads: 1
Posted: 1/13/2016 at 10:36 PM Post #163
Is there a "breeding trade" thing? Y'know, where you can breed with others' pets? Where? How?
Wonderfulwander
Level 75
The Dreamer
Posted: 1/15/2016 at 10:24 PM Post #164
If you want to breed with others' pets, the easiest way is to go to the advanced search (located at the top left), and choose the species, and click "Yes" under "for breeding". You can fill in specific requirements such as traits, pricing range, and order by pricing.

once you see a pet you like, click on it to go to the pet's profile page. Click "view pricing" and choose your pet you want to breed, and click "breed".

Alternatively, you can create a thread in the breeding forum, and post the requirements and payment for breeding and see who responds. This may not be the best option since you may not get a response.
Noodledragon518
Level 40
Threads: 9
Posted: 4/24/2016 at 1:46 PM Post #165
Sorry to bother you. I skimmed through the first couple pages and was not finding what I was looking for. I am sure it is in here some where but I got dizzy just thinking about it. So I will just ask you. I am sort of confused on how to calculated trait/genotype points. When I go to a pet's page, it gives the list of genes like this:

and then when I view it through the advanced search it shows me this:

Now my question(s):
1.) what do the different font colors in the advanced search mean?
2.) a.) why, if both gene letters there, is only one gene written out in words?
2.) b.) why is one letter first?/ how is it determined which is first?
3.) how do you calculate the points?

4.) what does the N mean?

unrelated questions:
5.) how is color determined?
6.) how can I breed a themed pet?
Edited By Noodledragon518 on 4/24/2016 at 1:47 PM.
Wonderfulwander
Level 75
The Dreamer
Posted: 4/25/2016 at 7:13 AM Post #166
1.) what do the different font colors in the advanced search mean?
The different colours indicate the type of traits the pet carries.
Gene 1: (GG) Marbled Tabby
Gene 2: (NN) Nothing
Gene 3: (NN) Nothing
Mutation 1: (CH) Rhino Horn
Mutation 2: (NB) Ram Horns
Mutation 3: (NC) Essence of Wind

Green - carried trait (not visible)
Blue - visible trait
Purple - mixed/hidden trait (ie visible trait, with a different trait carried in the same slot)

On the pet profile, you will only see the visible trait, and the carried trait (italicised, and only if pet is genetically tested). Any hidden traits under the visible one is not mentioned on the pet profile

2.) a.) why, if both gene letters there, is only one gene written out in words?
Only the dominant/visible trait is shown.

2.) b.) why is one letter first?/ how is it determined which is first?
The letters show which traits are dominant over the others. So A > B > C > ... in accordance to the alphabet. To know which traits correspond to the letters, just go to the advanced search or the generator, and choose the species. When you select the drop down list for the traits of a particular slot, the traits will be arranged according to dominance, with their corresponding letter.

The dominance will determine which trait will be visible on the pet if there are two different traits in the same slot. So if AB is in the same slot, the A trait will be visible on the pet. Likewise, for EF, the E trait (fairy wings) will be the visible trait on the pet.

3.) how do you calculate the points?
each visible = 2 gp, carry = 1 gp.

4.) what does the N mean?
N = nothing. ie there is no traits in that slot.
"N" is more "dominant" than the other letters. So is a trait is carried, it'll show NA (N will be written first), so the trait won't be visible.

unrelated questions:
5.) how is color determined?
The baby will take its colour from the parents. So for each colour slot, it'll take either from the dad, or mom, or somewhere in between, with a bit of colour swing.

So say you breed a blue and a green pet together, the baby might come out bluish, greenish, or cyanish, but it won't be like red.

6.) how can I breed a themed pet?
A themed pet is basically a pet with a fixed colour scheme that was officially introduced into the game, usually during events or festivals.

A tagged pet is an original themed pet that was obtained during the limited time period of the event/festival. It will have a purple tag in its profile page with the name of its theme.

A purebred pet is a pet that have been bred from tagged pets, or other purebreds, of the same theme. ie, if you trace back its lineage, you will only see tagged pets at the end of all the lines.

So you can't breed a tagged themed pet, but you can breed purebred themed pets by finding tagged pets of the same theme and breeding them. Or by finding and breeding other purebreds. Breeding from purebreds might be a little tricky, since you'll need to put in a bit more effort...

You'll need to recognise the colour scheme of the theme, and when you think you've found a purebred, you should check its lineage to make sure all its ancestors eventually leads to a tagged pet of the same theme. And if possible, make sure none of them were dyed, since that affects the "pureness" of the theme to some players.

There has been cases of tagged pets being dyed, or of themed pets being bred to non-themed pets of similar colours, etc.... And later these pets were sold as purebreds, but turned out to be not. So you'll need to be careful with purebreds. Tagged pets are easier to find, since they are tagged, and the advanced search can find them, and they can be verified by their tag. But because of this, they tend to be more expensive as well.
Noodledragon518
Level 40
Threads: 9
Posted: 4/25/2016 at 9:10 AM Post #167
Thank you so much!!!!
Wonderfulwander
Level 75
The Dreamer
Posted: 4/25/2016 at 9:18 AM Post #168
you're welcome. ^^
Nink
Level 60
Snazzy Sparkler
Threads: 4
Posted: 6/26/2016 at 8:15 AM Post #169
It is nice to know all of that work in high school Biology class paid off through this game. One question though, what is the point of purebreeds? I understand that the theme pets are rare but why only breed the certain ones together if you can't throw more traits into the breeding pool than what is already there? Whats the point of having a bunch of pb pets that all look the same?
Wonderfulwander
Level 75
The Dreamer
Posted: 6/26/2016 at 10:33 AM Post #170
Some players like purebreds because of the colour scheme, and the additional challenge that comes from breeding from a restricted gene pool.

If you like the colour scheme of a themed pet, but want more visibles on it, you can only get that through breeding. Sure, you can also breed it to non-themed pets with the traits you want, and then dye it to the colours you want after that, but the challenge of breeding from a restricted gene pool is what increases it's value. That's why multi-vis themed pets tend to be expensive, whereas multi-vis (non-themed) pets can be found relatively cheaply.

It's kind of like how purebred dogs are more sought after than mix-breeds/mutts, and are more expensive.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 16, 17, 18... 24, 25, 26
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.