Players 2,407 367
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,242,961 1,762
Generated 656,182 12
Captured 1,190,474 65
Bred 6,396,210 1,685
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Q&A (Newbie Friendly) > Hints + Tricks // Newbie Guides And Advi...
Page 8 1, 2, 3... 7, 8, 9... 11, 12, 13 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Cinnabonsaii
Level 28
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 2
Posted: 11/22/2017 at 10:38 PM Post #71
Hi there! Im new and I have some questions regarding trait points and essence.

1. What is essence?2. How do you obtain trait points?3. How can the colors be inaccurate?
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 11/22/2017 at 11:23 PM Post #72
Answers to Generator Essence questions can be found here (see sections 1, 2, and the middle of 4)

Trait Points (and hey, that's a bonus section we could probably add?) outside of breeding for traits, can only really be 'obtained' if you're using a Mutator on a Tamed pet.
Edited By Scathreoite on 11/22/2017 at 11:26 PM.
Cinnabonsaii
Level 28
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 2
Posted: 11/22/2017 at 11:40 PM Post #73
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=35149&page=8#72
Author: Scathreoite
Time Posted: 11/22/2017 at 11:23 PM
Answers to Generator Essence questions can be found here (see sections 1, 2, and the middle of 4)

Trait Points (and hey, that's a bonus section we could probably add?) outside of breeding for traits, can only really be 'obtained' if you're using a Mutator on a Tamed pet.
Thank you!
Poisonivyperson
Level 47
Threads: 7
Posted: 12/15/2017 at 8:47 AM Post #74
So I'm like extremely new and have always been wondering how o equip costumes- I found one in the 2017 Fall Festival and have been wanting to put it on. If you could tell me how to equip pet costumes and avatar costumes that would be great too.
Draumrkopa
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 158
Posted: 12/15/2017 at 10:26 AM Post #75
Ok as for the pet costume: you have to have the same breed of pet as the costume said.

Firstly go to your inventory (Under the Account tab)
Switch over to the Equipment section of your inventory.
Under the equipment box you can see your pet and two drop down bars.
Scroll through the left bar until you find the pet you want.
Then click on the Costume in your equipment tab box (It will highlight green)
Scroll down under your pet there are 5 boxes.
The last box says "costume" under it and Empty inside of it.
Click on the box, your costume icon will now appear inside that box.

You can do this same process to equip a relic (looks like a shield), a set of armor (looks like human clothes), and two accessories (looks like brackets or gauntlets).

To take the items off you click on the items under the pet and then click them to a box on the equipment tab.
Draumrkopa
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 158
Posted: 12/15/2017 at 11:27 AM Post #76
This post is for the avatar costumes.

Go to your Inventory, click on the item you want and click the use Item Botton, Dot worry the item will Disappear, you will find it later.

Go to wardrobe under the account tab.
A screen loads with your avatars color hex boxes on the right and the avatar in a picture frame on the left.
Scroll down you will see a slide that has four blue buttons that say "Base", "Style", "Clothing" and "Items".
Clicking on the "Base" Botton will pop up a bar underneath tat says Base, Eyes, Ears, Mouths and Noses.
Click on the bottom pop up bar to look through the items, use the blue arrow on the left or right to scroll through everything.
Clicking on Style will have a pop up bar with Eyebrows, Hair, Beards, facial features and Make up.
Clicking on the Clothing Botton will pop up a bar with Tops, Bottoms, Feet, and Arms.

All the above items can be purchased with AP.
Everything under this can be earned as gifts or bought in game.

Clicking on the Items Bottom will pop up a bar with the choses Helds, Outfits, Heads, Wings, and Backs.
There are a lot of items so have fun scrolling!!
Dragongirl1031
Level 60
Threads: 4
Posted: 1/23/2018 at 8:54 PM Post #77
Is there anyway to go back once you've selected you're first beast's attack and change it?
Also, is there any real purpose in trying to catch an uncommon, or would it be better to try to get rare and higher?
Thanks!

Edit- Can anyone explain the colors and how those are figured out in a breeding?
How do you search for a pet to breed with yours? I have a male Draeyl, and want to breed him. (My female is an adol still.) Would I get the egg?
Edited By Dragongirl1031 on 1/23/2018 at 9:16 PM.
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 1/23/2018 at 9:43 PM Post #78
1. Just click on their image on the field and it'll go back to them. If you want to reassign attacks in the first two regions you have to click the attack you already have selected to deselect it first before picking the new one.

2. If you think they're pretty, sure. If they have a rarer trait you're after as their carry, sure. (this is why we have a stable tab half full of black-or-white sylesti, for example)

3. Colours? Ha. HAHA. I wish.
All you can do is click 'view preview' a bunch on the breeding generator to get an idea of the colour swing (which sometimes is frankly ridiculous and makes 0 sense to us.)
With two blue coloured pets you're obviously going to get blue offspring, but frankly I have no idea what the heck calculations the thing uses to determine things once you have two different hues.
(Maybe someday, when the site is relaunched, there'll be something)

4. The person who initiates a breeding is the one who gets the egg.
So if you breed your pet with one that's up for stud in the Advanced Search then you get the egg.
If you put your draeyl up for stud, you'd get the breeding fee payment, and the person who bred their pet with him would get the egg.
Edited By Scathreoite on 1/23/2018 at 9:50 PM.
Dragongirl1031
Level 60
Threads: 4
Posted: 1/23/2018 at 10:05 PM Post #79
Thank you for answering!
Is there a way to be taken directly to a ping or do I have to remember where I posted? DX
Edit- Nevermind! I just saw it. Derp.
Edited By Dragongirl1031 on 1/23/2018 at 10:06 PM.
Goldsstar
Level 28
Threads: 1
Posted: 2/7/2018 at 12:55 PM Post #80
what are presets? I'm a newbie and was reading through an article in the forums and was wondering what it meant.

(PS I've used the guide to create a new party (light-fire-fire) and have been leveling them up (my original ones are on vacation doing some missions) in the Troll caverns and the forest grove. Is there a list of where to level them up to use them as my go-to team (currently I'm checking out the trees in the forest but I kept getting my party killed)?
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 7, 8, 9... 11, 12, 13
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.