Forum Index > News and Announcements > Ny'vene Revamp Preview
Page 3 1, 2, 3, 4... 13, 14, 15 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Kalores
Level 75
The Dreamer
Threads: 109
Posted: 4/14/2016 at 10:22 PM Post #21
I am very happy with this Ny'vene update preview! I can't wait to see the finished product! :)
Mewzzer
Level 70
Master Egg Hunter
Threads: 134
Posted: 4/14/2016 at 10:27 PM Post #22
Wow! I am very surprised we had a ny'vene revamp in the first place! I knew we would have one from reading the update, but already having the lines out? I'm impressed!

As for any criticism, I'm really loving the designs! Its hard to pick anything specific out, but I am finding that the noses on the hatchlings seem to bug me a bit! Perhaps they are a bit too round?

Otherwise, I cannot wait for more progress on them!
Coda
Level 75
The Majestic
Threads: 133
Posted: 4/14/2016 at 10:31 PM Post #23
I'm actually not as excited as some of these others in this thread. The Ny'vene bases we have now we're one of the things that drew me into Sylestia. I loved that they expressed an awesome fierceness as well as appeared as if they held some knowledge that is secret. Now they...lets just say they look like primal beasts. I'm not too happy with this update, but I do appreciate all the work gone into this, don't get me wrong! Thank you to everyone who works on these! :)
ColonelHazard
Level 60
The Hallowed
Threads: 35
Posted: 4/14/2016 at 10:31 PM Post #24
Ha ha ha, Scath, you're too funny. I laughed out loud at this bit of your post:

"Yes. Yes excellent. Like. I only even have one Ny'vene, but this is going to be great. I am totally up for giant naked bat-bird update."

Also, fantastic work pointing out the issues in the anatomy. I think you fixed a lot of the same things I noticed and just wrote out in a post.
Zelly
Level 65
The Hallowed
Threads: 55
Posted: 4/14/2016 at 10:39 PM Post #25
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=35083&page=2#18
Author: Scathreoite
Time Posted: 4/14/2016 at 10:17 PM
Overall our response is "aaaaaaa! Aaaa! Yaass" because those are pretty cool, and we look forward to it.

But per usual, we'll poke and prod a bit
The lips on the adults, as we've drawn out in red at the top, are? different between the male and female? by a lot? Male has theropod-looking lips and the female has beaky (ceratopsian?) ones.

The female's neck and the male's wing-base seem a bit under-muscled?

The biggest '???' for us is the light-green/ wing-skin-meeting-body. The female's doesn't contour with the leg muscle, so it looks like there's an extra, invisible finger and the connection to the body is just before the leg. It doesn't match to the male's 'connect at back of hip, just before tail', or the babies' apparent 'connect over femur'.

Male's teeth are a bit weird.
Baby female's eye should align in angle with her top jaw, because that's how skulls work (for the most part. Unless you're like. A parrot or something)
Baby male's legs seem too stumpy, especially compared to the female.

Hip girdle thing is pretty minor, so if that doesn't change we don't care much at all. We just foind it slightly odd.

Also, we think the further parts of the wings not being visible through the closer parts is good, because it's probably pretty thick skin there, so if you could see anything it'd probably only be a faint shadow.

Overall?
Yes. Yes excellent. Like. I only even have one Ny'vene, but this is going to be great. I am totally up for giant naked bat-bird update. Those legs, those wings. Talons! Wy VER N S.
... I really like those wings. And their pretty faces (even with the weird gender face differences, they're both nice as individuals)

Scath's edits in yellow and green would about cover any nitpicks I have. Also the eye angle on the baby girl. :3 Other than that, super happy with these! Great job artists.
Edited By Zelly on 4/14/2016 at 10:40 PM.
Axevans
Level 62
Threads: 28
Posted: 4/14/2016 at 10:41 PM Post #26
they look so much more like dragons now i like it
Fimbry
Level 74
Site Moderator
Threads: 0
Posted: 4/14/2016 at 10:55 PM Post #27
Hello everyone. We're taking some notes on little tweaks to make.

One point on the chest muscles, they are large so they can be capable of flight. Here are some references of animals that can fly.

Examples:

Thus the ny'venes require large muscles in the chest area to fly.

Thanks so far everyone!
Banzai
Level 75
High Warlord
Threads: 32
Posted: 4/14/2016 at 10:59 PM Post #28
They look cool! :D
Chrispina
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 7
Posted: 4/14/2016 at 11:07 PM Post #29
The only thing I don't like about them is that the female looks a little zoned out. Other than that great work.
Eragaul
Level 75
Threads: 9
Posted: 4/14/2016 at 11:07 PM Post #30
As I was planning on starting a project soon to make a Ny'vene, my first thought was to pull up my design in the generator and then compare the visuals between what we have now and this preliminary revamp design. I was actually rather happy with the female tweaks, as it doesn't seem to vary much from what we have now and the tweaks seem to have a positive improvement. The main draw for me is that the wing farther from view now opens a bit toward the viewer allowing for more visibility on traits impacting the wing.

For the male model, however, I noticed that there was an opposite effect from this, with the farther wing now being practically invisible compared to the current model. I understand a bit as to why this is the case, as the pose has been shifted to allow for more visibility of the side, but I think it should be possible to have the underside of the wing open slightly without impacting the pose too much.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4... 13, 14, 15
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.