Threads: 39
Posted: 4/14/2016 at 9:58 PM Post #11
impressive
Exiled
Level 66
The Artistic
Threads: 14
Posted: 4/14/2016 at 10:00 PM Post #12
i love them they look lovely, though i have to say i like the older line art better.
VampVixen
Level 61
Majestic Green Thumb
Threads: 57
Posted: 4/14/2016 at 10:04 PM Post #13
My criticism is I think the mouths look weird on the babies and I'm going to agree with the feet. Also, the wing curving inward on the female looks REALLY awkward. The headfrills looks good on the female but I think it could look better on the male.

But this is just the first drawing and it looks pretty good still!
Dauntlessscale1
Level 50
Threads: 144
Posted: 4/14/2016 at 10:05 PM Post #14
OH MY SYLESTIA! With this revamp I am totally getting more of Ny'nene Sylesties. Great Job!
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 4/14/2016 at 10:06 PM Post #15
I really love these. My favorite aspects are the expressions of all of them, the inside of the female's wing being more visible, and just how adorable the hatchlings are. Regarding the expressions, it's like there's a lot more life to them.
Varyntha
Level 72
Maze Runner
Threads: 22
Posted: 4/14/2016 at 10:07 PM Post #16
I love the adult male, but can the adult female's neck be thicker? Would that go against your vision for them too much? It's just that as it is now, it makes me ...queasy.... I guess is the right word. S: It seems out of place with all the other parts of her body and more so when the male has such a good neck... That's the only critique I really have... Other than that, I mostly like them. ^_^
Ash
Level 70
The Hallowed
Threads: 44
Posted: 4/14/2016 at 10:10 PM Post #17
Heck. Yes.

I am in love I mean I've always been in love with the vene's but dang this are amazing. I LOVE the new pose for the male. My only comment would be possibly thickening the females neck, or if not maybe making her neck muscles a little more defined.

But regardless, I am so incredibly excited, this is the revamp I've been waiting for ouo
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 4/14/2016 at 10:17 PM Post #18
Overall our response is "aaaaaaa! Aaaa! Yaass" because those are pretty cool, and we look forward to it.

But per usual, we'll poke and prod a bit
The lips on the adults, as we've drawn out in red at the top, are? different between the male and female? by a lot? Male has theropod-looking lips and the female has beaky (ceratopsian?) ones.

The female's neck and the male's wing-base seem a bit under-muscled?

The biggest '???' for us is the light-green/ wing-skin-meeting-body. The female's doesn't contour with the leg muscle, so it looks like there's an extra, invisible finger and the connection to the body is just before the leg. It doesn't match to the male's 'connect at back of hip, just before tail', or the babies' apparent 'connect over femur'.

Male's teeth are a bit weird.
Baby female's eye should align in angle with her top jaw, because that's how skulls work (for the most part. Unless you're like. A parrot or something)
Baby male's legs seem too stumpy, especially compared to the female.

Hip girdle thing is pretty minor, so if that doesn't change we don't care much at all. We just foind it slightly odd.

Also, we think the further parts of the wings not being visible through the closer parts is good, because it's probably pretty thick skin there, so if you could see anything it'd probably only be a faint shadow.

Overall?
Yes. Yes excellent. Like. I only even have one Ny'vene, but this is going to be great. I am totally up for giant naked bat-bird update. Those legs, those wings. Talons! Wy VER N S.
... I really like those wings. And their pretty faces (even with the weird gender face differences, they're both nice as individuals)
Silkalivedoll
Level 69
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 6
Posted: 4/14/2016 at 10:20 PM Post #19
Gaaaaaah! Lookit those gorgeous beasts! The new designs look AMAZING so far!
ColonelHazard
Level 60
The Hallowed
Threads: 35
Posted: 4/14/2016 at 10:20 PM Post #20
Eeeeeeeeeee! They look awesome so far -- so excited to see how my Ny'Vene project looks after the revamp! I especially love that we can see more of the inside of the female's wings. And the babies are painfully adorable. I think I have two major qualms, though:

1) Their chests look far too "human" in the pectoral muscle definition. They should look a little smoother where they go vertically into the stomach and sides, similar to the current design. For reference, refer to these images of Komodo Dragons standing upright:

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/gc/542135807-komodo-dragon-standing-on-hind-legs-rinca-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=vUSXqh958U08ac75i%2Fm3ZfmBHp1DIe8Cas3lAMi7ImLnHa3coPux02T4r%2BWUDbhH

http://in1.ccio.co/Z/P2/M5/5f0b5879e4ac4dde1df9307214229d5a.jpg

As you can see, the "pectoral" region is far less defined than in these line drawings. It should connect to the belly in a more rounded way.

2) The point of wing attachment to the body appears to be different in the babies and adults. The babies look correct, with the stretched skin attaching to the side of the body, whereas both adults have some weird bony-looking structure similar to the "fingers" at the base of each wing, which also seems to obscure the negative space between body and wing in the image. It makes the point where the tail, torso, and wings meet up look awkward. Maybe I will try and draw an alternative version in a bit which shows the way I would have imagined the wings to look based on the way they do on the babies.

Aside from that, there are only a few minor points to mention:

- The male's neck is WAY too wide compared to the female's (it looks too big for his head and doesn't taper off enough).
- The male's collar bones are too deep compared to the female's.
- Where the male's body and tail meet has a weird looking....bulge... it's not smooth like the female's, and it looks strange.
- The skin making up each section of the baby's head frill has a ragged edge where the edge is smooth on the adults (unsure if this is intentional or why it would look like that).
- The foot that the male baby has his weight on looks like it's at the wrong angle or something; the toes need to be more spread and actually appear to sit on the ground.

I know that looks like a lot, but seriously, these are so good already! Definitely the revamp which has looked most "correct" and pleasing from the initial line work, in my opinion. I just love Ny'Venes, so I wanted to give as much constructive feedback as possible to help them look as amazing as they can when the revamp is finished!
Edited By ColonelHazard on 4/14/2016 at 10:22 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 13, 14, 15
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.