Players 2,407 367
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,242,961 1,762
Generated 656,182 12
Captured 1,190,474 65
Bred 6,396,210 1,685
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Arena Discussion > Oogar ... Half brother...
Page 2 1, 2, 3 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Witchwolf
Level 60
Threads: 3
Posted: 12/17/2013 at 5:35 PM Post #11
I know this is an old thread, but I have to cry somewhere.

I followed the advice elsewhere on this forum and finally took down the two Vulnyx nasties. But I am now getting so royally mauled by Oogar it's getting ridiculous! Here's my problem:

Unlike previous posters, I have avoided every single one of his Spear Throws without so much as breaking a sweat. However, his Hemmoraging effct hits me every time, and the resulting Bleeding effect just... well, bleeds me dry before I can even make a serious dent in his health. Around 200 health every turn, for three turns, on level 25 pets, every single time... you're getting the idea.

Obviously, the first smart thing to say is to get more health. I am not relally sure how would I go about that right now. As suggested for the Arena teams, I'm going in with three tanks. Meaning they all have all their profficiency points in health and all their level-ups divided 50/50 into health and agility. This, of course, means they dish out less damage, but in return, they last longer. Or should, in theory. Not with this guy though.

So, one option I have is to respec the team and pur all the points in health and rely on the gear to get me through the rest of it. I'm reluctant to do so though, because that would take away agility points and leave me vulnerable to Oogar's Spear attack.

Another option would be to take the level-up points out of health and stash them in the main damage-dealing stat instead (Intelligence and Strenght), but that would leave my pets with even less health and, as stated above, my problem isn't the Spear Attack but getting health drained at an incredible rate.

Third option is to invest all the level-up points in agility and hope above all hopes that buffs up the pets' mitigation and avoidance enough to resist his bleeds but that again is neither here nor there, since that'll mean less health and also weaker attack, which would make the fight last longer and give Oogar enough chances to once again bleed me dry.

So, any ideas or suggestions about what should I do aside from going at him with the team I have and hope for a lucky break?

For reference, here's my Arena team:

Irtai - shadow tank
Aleche - shadow tank
Nyskala - wind tank
TopazWolf
Level 61
Holiday Caroler
Threads: 72
Posted: 12/21/2013 at 10:10 AM Post #12
First of all, i would suggest buying Philters of Learning and make them earn Experience points again. (After doing that, i would send them on Missions to level them up.)

Second, i would keep their Level Up Points in the same place, but reset their Proficiency Points and put them all in Strength, so they would not only have Health and Agility from the Level Ups, but they would also have Strength from their Proficiency Trees. (If you do this, i recommend putting their Proficiency Points in the Fire Tree, because the Fire Tree gives you an ability that can hit 2 enemies at a time.)

I hope that helps a little.
~Topaz
Witchwolf
Level 60
Posted: 12/21/2013 at 12:35 PM Post #13
Topazwolf,

They're arena pets, at level 25. If they earn exp, they'll fall right out of the 0-25 level bracket, and Oogar is the last opponent in 0-25 group.

Also, if I take their prof points out of health and redistribute to strenght/intelligence, they might dish out slightly more damage, but Oogar's bleeding would down them in round ten at most. Everyone seems to agree that best arena build is to go in with 3 tanks party, and it worked wonders up until now...

So anyway, I quickly put together another arena team, made of pets with higher starting stats. SAdly, still a no-go. I got Oogar down to 1% health, only Oogar and my last pet standing and... of course, Oogar kills my pet second before my pet killed him and it counted as a loss. I'm really at my wit's end now - Oogar bleeds them for 200+ HP for three rounds in a row, hits for 600+ damage when I succesfully block his special attack and.. is all-around nuisance, that troll. Seems to me like the only real factor in this fight is pure luck...

New arena team:

Jayden - wind tank
Lyeachi - dark tank
Enchay - dark tank
Oogbar
Level 69
Adept Gladiator
Threads: 17
Posted: 12/25/2013 at 12:55 PM Post #14
I go with strictly Dark tanks, the siphon chance will go a long way! And for the heavy hit of Oogar, for his special ability, use ONLY quick attack on him, for ALL your pets! It appears that the higher the total quickness rating is, (Including the bonus effect from quick attack), the less likely he is, to land that attack at ALL! With my super lupora project, I don't get hit at all, by that attack
Witchwolf
Level 60
Posted: 12/25/2013 at 1:12 PM Post #15
Thanks, Oogar. I did defeat him a while ago, mainly using the tactics you jsut described.

then had few days of trying to get the troll down, but I finally had a stroke of luck with that, too.

And now to see the [25-50] bracket...
Oogbar
Level 69
Adept Gladiator
Posted: 1/2/2014 at 1:27 PM Post #16
@.@ ... I hate Malgron, he's the only one I don't fight on a daily basis... out of ALL the arena opponents!
Witchwolf
Level 60
Posted: 1/2/2014 at 1:28 PM Post #17
HEh, I'm sticking to the vulnyx duo; I've had enough of both the troll and the ogre to last me a lifetime
Dragonemperess
Level 60
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 12
Posted: 1/21/2014 at 1:02 AM Post #18
I plan on having these three be a team to take on Oogar. I have yet to adjust distribute their points. Other than leveling them up to 25 using exp orbs, they are the same as the day they were hatched. I have yet to even gather their equipment yet. The reason is because i'm not sure how to distribute their points. I gave them Philters to boost their innate agility, hoping that it would be enough for them to naturally dodge those death spears. Should I go for agility/tank builds for them, or should I make them tanks in hopes that their natural agility (including after equipment) is enough to allow them to dodge? With my other team, the only one able to dodge after using their quickness attack was my tank... Should I copy my tank's build with these triplets?

Tank

Agility Triplets

Hermes

Atalanta

Nike
Oogbar
Level 69
Adept Gladiator
Posted: 1/22/2014 at 5:31 AM Post #19
For my team, I didn't bother putting too much into anything but health, since the damage reduction from int/str & agil wouldn't take off a whole ton, without having to heavily sacrifice damage, and still get taken out quickly. I personally went dark tank, with 50-75% of the level up points put to health, and the rest to int, for damage.
HibernusMortis
Level 60
Mojo Master
Threads: 7
Posted: 2/8/2014 at 10:44 PM Post #20
I just want to thank everyone here for the helpful posts in this thread.

Thanks to you guys I was able to defeat Oogar on my 6th attempt.

First two tries were for seeing what it was about and adjusting....the next three tries I had him down to 5% 3% and 1% respectively (that 1% round was FRUSTRATING!)

Finally got him down on the 6th attempt AND having all my party members come out alive! WOOT! :D

I kept my two high agility pets (33.5-35.4 quickness) in slots one and two and switched only those two during battle, keeping my tank (quickness 29) in the third slot the entire round. Did quick attacks every time he showed his green target mark.

Now to see if I can repeat it again. :)

this is how I ended up after battle
Edited By Hibernusmortis on 2/8/2014 at 10:59 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.