Players 2,533 428
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,205,930 810
Generated 653,745 96
Captured 1,186,876 59
Bred 6,365,217 655
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > Sylestia's Next Top Designer - ROUND...
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Threads: 167
Posted: 7/14/2015 at 2:17 PM Post #1
~Welcome to Sylestia's Next Top Designer~
ROUND ONE

Okay everyone, are you ready to have some fun! You are?! Great! Let's get going!

There is going to be a decent amount to read and I encourage ALL of the contestants to read through very carefully. This contest is going to be a bit more complex than the usual contests in this forum and I want everyone to have a fair and fun time. The prize packages will be in the post below, so if you read this before I have those posted just give me a few minutes. Trust me, it's worth the wait to see what you're playing for. :)

The rules are very simple but they should be read thoroughly. There will not be any "secret words" since the contestants won't be posting their designs here, so PLEASE take your time and through all of them. The rules are also going to detail how the contest and the eliminations are going to work.

RULES

1.) Always the most important rules, please be nice to each other. Like I said, for the most part the contestants won't be posting much, but the rule still stands. No fighting, bashing, harassing, and just generally being mean to each other. Contestants who do so will be warned once and disqualified if it happens again.

2.) There will be a total of 10 rounds to this competition. There will be two people eliminated each round for Rounds 1-8. These eliminations will be based off of the voting rounds. The two designs with the least amount of votes will be eliminated. In the event of a tie, a 24 hour Sudden Death vote will be started, and the two designs in a tie will be voted on by the public again.

3.) There will be a WILDCARD ROUND before the FINAL ROUND. This means that every contestant who was eliminated before will be given the chance to return to the competition for the FINAL ROUND. The eliminated contestants will be given their own theme and the ONE person who gets the most votes will be reinstated to the competition and given another chance at competing for a Prize Package.

4.) Unless otherwise stated in the theme explanation, you are required to design for both the male and female of whatever species you are using for the theme. This means that whatever design you use must be shown on both the male and female, so design accordingly.

5.) CONTESTANTS: Do NOT post your designs in this forum, or say anything about what you're going to base your design off of. This is VERY important, because the voting rounds are meant to be "blind votes". This means that the public are not going to know which contestant made which design when they vote. When you complete your design you need to Private Message them to me. I will then save the images to my Photobucket under your username so that there is no confusion when I post them for the voting round, and your designs do not get lost.

6.) If you, as a contestant, break Rule #5 and post your design in this thread, you will be asked to drastically redo your design. This is the only way to keep things fair for everyone. I'm not going to penalize anyone more harshly than that, since I don't see anyone breaking this rule except by accident.

7.) HAVE FUN! Yes, this is a rule. I made this contest to be fun and challenging. I am SUPER excited to see everyone's designs and creativity. This is your chance to push your design skills further than you've ever pushed them. Do research, think carefully about your design before hitting the generator, try multiple designs before choosing, do whatever you have to do to make your design the best you can. I know you're all capable of greatness. :)

8.) If anyone has any questions please don't hesitate to ask either here in this thread or through private message. This also means that if anyone thinks I missed something or should add another rule. I'm not perfect, and I always worry I might have missed some key piece of information.

Now for the fun part...this week's theme IS...

PRECIOUS GEMS
That's right, precious gems. Rubies, diamonds, emeralds, pearls...the list goes on and on. Your assignment is to design a Sylesti (both male and female) that represents a precious gem. You may choose any gem you want to inspire you. Reference photos are required, and it is up to you whether you choose an image of an uncut gem, shaped gem, a piece of jewelry (as long as the gem is the main focus), or even the meaning of the gem. Some sort of description of your design is encouraged, even if it's as simple as "I made a Ruby Aeridini because red is my favorite color." Your designs will be posted with both your reference photo and your design description in the voting thread.

ALL DESIGNS MUST BE TURNED IN BY Saturday, July 18th 10PM Sylestia Time
Edited By Britters on 7/16/2015 at 5:49 PM.
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Posted: 7/14/2015 at 2:17 PM Post #2
Prize Packages

These are the prize packages that will be given to the top 4 contestants. There will also be a Participation Prize for everyone who entered, to be received once they've been eliminated. I would like to personally thank both AliceHearts and Xdarksonicx for making the 2-Vis Wheel Pet Offspring prizes possible by allowing breedings with their beautiful pets. All offspring pets are 1st Generation, meaning both their parents are tagged.

Silent Ryori Offspring are from my custom Ryori pair: Male and Female

1st Place Prize
250k, 2-Vis Wheel Offspring, Coal Griffi Offspring, 1st Choice of Mojo Offspring, 1st Choice of Garden Offspring, Silent Ryori Offspring

2nd Place Prize
150k, 2-Vis Wheel Offspring, 2nd Choice of Mojo Offspring, 2nd Choice of Garden Offspring, Silent Ryori Offspring

3rd Place Prize
100k, 1-Vis Wheel Offspring, 3rd Choice of Mojo Offspring, 3rd Choice of Garden Offspring

4th Place Prize
50k, 1-Vis Wheel Offspring, 4th Choice of Garden Offspring

Participation Prizes
Various Festival Zone Offspring
Edited By Britters on 7/14/2015 at 2:27 PM.
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Posted: 7/14/2015 at 2:17 PM Post #3
Contest Roster

This is so that I can keep track of who has turned in their design.

Eots #36252 - TURNED IN
Lopai #24753 - TURNED IN
Hyc #32732 - TURNED IN
Ladybeatrice #35515 - TURNED IN
Rabbitaka #27223 - TURNED IN
Twilightsage #33303 - TURNED IN
Lenore #29809 - TURNED IN
Khumos #35786
Jolieke04 #36257 - TURNED IN
Jai #31325 - TURNED IN
Gypsycrest19 #17901 - TURNED IN
Mysticfantasy1996 #33752 - TURNED IN
Gingerpaw #7454 - TURNED IN
Cyanidae #2203 - TURNED IN
Kittenroar #28737 - TURNED IN
Yukiyume #29047 - TURNED IN
Xavion #10307 - TURNED IN
Rhythm #33008 - TURNED IN
Sakurachan #7174
Sandstorm514 #35108 - TURNED IN
Edited By Britters on 7/18/2015 at 9:56 PM.
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Posted: 7/14/2015 at 2:33 PM Post #4
And, of course, I forgot to ping everyone. Maybe I should have had another cup of coffee before posting this...
Cyanidae
Level 70
The Hallowed
Threads: 56
Posted: 7/14/2015 at 2:48 PM Post #5
Screams because I LOVE ROCKS A LOT so this is gonna be a breeze! (No really i just started up my rock collection again so wheee)

Well okay i love non-precious more but I SHALL FIND A GOOD SOMETHING.
Tigress
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Threads: 371
Posted: 7/14/2015 at 2:59 PM Post #6
Sorry.
Edited By Sandstorm514 on 7/14/2015 at 3:05 PM.
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Posted: 7/14/2015 at 3:02 PM Post #7
Sandstorm, unfortunately I specifically said in the rules not to post your design. I'm sorry but I'm going to have to ask you to redo your design if you wish to stay in the competition.

"4.) CONTESTANTS: Do NOT post your designs in this forum, or say anything about what you're going to base your design off of. This is VERY important, because the voting rounds are meant to be "blind votes". This means that the public are not going to know which contestant made which design when they vote. When you complete your design you need to Private Message them to me. I will then save the images to my Photobucket under your username so that there is no confusion when I post them for the voting round, and your designs do not get lost.
Edited By Britters on 7/14/2015 at 3:03 PM.
Tigress
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Posted: 7/14/2015 at 3:05 PM Post #8
So sorry!
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Posted: 7/14/2015 at 3:06 PM Post #9
It's alright, I knew it was going to happen, which is why I tried to make sure everyone read the rules. I'm sorry, because your design was really pretty. I just have to keep it fair. :)
Tigress
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Posted: 7/14/2015 at 3:08 PM Post #10
Can i still make a design similar to the one i just did? or do i have to start all over?
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.